Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 141

Thread: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

  1. #121
    no sleep til belfast Jamesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belfast

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    I agree that religious schools are sectarian in nature, not because they teach religion but because they automatically label and seperate people based on what book their parents believe in.

    Religion should be taught in school but it should be taught in an educational way, not as the basis of all a childs education and not from the point of view of that religion. I personally would not send my child to a school that forces beliefs on him/her or forces them to go to masses and religious ceremonies that I don't go to myself.

    as i mentioned before any religious hatred i felt as a young person came from growing up listening to the media, family members, people on the streets, it was all part of growing up here in the north you were either on one side or the other its only recently due to cross community projects and 'the peace process' that barriers were broken down regarding religious divide! In my school we were taught to treat each human being as we would like to be treated, we were never told to not mix with other religions, we werent told we would go to hell if we were seen talking to a protestant so to blame schools is just naieve
    When we were growing up it was a very different world. Barriers have been broken down not just because of the peace process and cross community projects (they'd been going on throughout the troubles) but because religion has an ever less importance on our daily lives. You may not have been told those things, many were.

  2. #122
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    I agree that religious schools are sectarian in nature, not because they teach religion but because they automatically label and seperate people based on what book their parents believe in.

    Religion should be taught in school but it should be taught in an educational way, not as the basis of all a childs education and not from the point of view of that religion. I personally would not send my child to a school that forces beliefs on him/her or forces them to go to masses and religious ceremonies that I don't go to myself.


    When we were growing up it was a very different world. Barriers have been broken down not just because of the peace process and cross community projects (they'd been going on throughout the troubles) but because religion has an ever less importance on our daily lives. You may not have been told those things, many were.
    doesnt mean its right though.
    Like i said before, catholic schools do not label or seperate people. Catholics and non catholic students are taught together
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

    Celtic - more than just a club

    1312

    Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

  3. #123
    Kill The Bill HamiltonBhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, Scotland

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Found a better video...



    About a minute in, Celtic Park beltin out Roamin' in the Gloamin' followed by The Merry Ploughboy then Broad Black Brimmer.

    The video includes clips (new and old) of Celtic fans singing Roll of Honour, Roamin' in the Gloamin', The Merry Ploughboy, Broad Black Brimmer, Aidan McAnespie, Fields of Athenry, The Soldier's Song, The Boys of the Old Brigade, Let the People Sing, This Land Is Your Land and the Celtic Symphony.
    Last edited by HamiltonBhoy; 28-07-2010 at 01:53 PM.

  4. #124

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Roamin' in the Gloamin', tripe.

  5. #125

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by mcfitz View Post
    religious schools are sectarian iv heard it all now!
    They recruit and separate children based on their parents religious beliefs. Thatís sectarian.

    see you say leave the schools for social and academic education well as a catholic i believe my religion coinsides with social issues so at a catholic school to me the two go hand in hand!
    Social education is integrating with different peoples. If you want to teach your child values, then do it yourself. Itís the responsibility of the parent(s) to teach their children respect, humility, integrity etcÖ not the school. Yes, a school may reinforce such virtues but the onus is on the parent. And such principles wouldnít be confined to a Catholic school anyway, so religion isnít necessary.


    basically what yous are saying is anyone who doesnt want religion taught should get perference over us who do, yous make out we are wrong for wanting our kids taught our values!
    No, what Iím saying is, religion is a private matter and should be kept as such. You wouldnít expect to see schools established on the principles of a particular political perspective.

    Can you imagine the introduction of Labour, Tory, or Lib Dem schools across Britain? NoÖ because itís absolutely ridiculous.

    Just as with religion, you may want your child to be brought up with a certain allegiance, be it; Republican, Unionist, Liberal, Socialist etcÖ but you wouldnít expect to see schools catering to that arrangement. The same should apply to religion.



    the argument of 'do it in your own personal time' makes it even harder put it like this when my kid is at school il be working full time, il most prob finish at 5/6 rush home get the dinner on, childs homework, child out playing to bedtime etc were im i going to fit in teaching my kid about his religion, you and i both know that as a kid the only learning we do is at school outside of school all we want to do is play and mess about!
    Now youíre just being ridiculous; you donít need to spend hours upon hours after school teaching children about God. Donít you go to Mass on Sunday? Surely that is his tuition of the Catholic faith.

    im proud to be a catholic and im proud of the education i received at a catholic school, it did me know harm! as i mentioned before any religious hatred i felt as a young person came from growing up listening to the media, family members, people on the streets, it was all part of growing up here in the north you were either on one side or the other
    Iím also a practising Catholic but I didnít receive any Catholic education and it didnít do me any harm. In fact, Iíd suggest I got a much greater and much more thorough social education because those of a different persuasion were not completely alien to me. Itís ok for you to say, Catholic schools preach tolerance. But do they practise it? How can they when theyíve already excluded one sect of children from the other? You donít get that diversity at a Catholic school.

    I didnít grow up with any hatred, Protestants went to my primary school, they were my friends; for this very reason I could never feel any hatred or bitterness towards them.

    In my school we were taught to treat each human being as we would like to be treated, we were never told to not mix with other religions, we werent told we would go to hell if we were seen talking to a protestant
    Yes, I was taught the same in my school, only difference is, mines didnít have the added dimension of total hypocrisy.

    to blame schools is just naieve
    Iím not blaming the schools for the sectarian problem in the North.

    (For example, I have to laugh when I see the average Hun in Glasgow out protesting about ĎApartheid Schoolsí when in generations gone before us their ancestry would have been the very people advocating a separate schooling system because they couldnít stand the sight of Ďra feniansí )

    But to dismiss their role is equally, if not more naive. If children can learn to mix together at an elementary age then the problem becomes less fundamental. And learning to mix, isnít simply being told by the Priest or whoever the Headmaster isÖ ĎOh well, itís ok to mix with X,Y and Z, just as long as you do it outside schoolí. Itís actually being allowed to mix in education without any separation.
    ďIf he wants to learn about scoring goals, he should nip over to watch us train at Lennoxtown some afternoon and I'll show him a thing or two about finishingĒ


  6. #126
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by RK View Post
    They recruit and separate children based on their parents religious beliefs. That’s sectarian.
    Protestants can join Catholic schools can they not?

  7. #127
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Protestants can join Catholic schools can they not?
    Yep, there was one at mine, she got battered every day.

    Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.



  8. #128
    Top Cats doing time cullen93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a skirt

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash67 View Post
    Yep, there was one at mine, she got battered every day.

  9. #129
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Aye she was stinkin' but.

  10. #130
    Moderating your ma RafaelScheidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    dunno.....woke up here

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    The catholic school I went to in liverpool asked for baptism cert on entry and still does so not all are open to all

  11. #131

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by RK View Post
    They recruit and separate children based on their parents religious beliefs. Thatís sectarian.



    Social education is integrating with different peoples. If you want to teach your child values, then do it yourself. Itís the responsibility of the parent(s) to teach their children respect, humility, integrity etcÖ not the school. Yes, a school may reinforce such virtues but the onus is on the parent. And such principles wouldnít be confined to a Catholic school anyway, so religion isnít necessary.




    No, what Iím saying is, religion is a private matter and should be kept as such. You wouldnít expect to see schools established on the principles of a particular political perspective.

    Can you imagine the introduction of Labour, Tory, or Lib Dem schools across Britain? NoÖ because itís absolutely ridiculous.

    Just as with religion, you may want your child to be brought up with a certain allegiance, be it; Republican, Unionist, Liberal, Socialist etcÖ but you wouldnít expect to see schools catering to that arrangement. The same should apply to religion.





    Now youíre just being ridiculous; you donít need to spend hours upon hours after school teaching children about God. Donít you go to Mass on Sunday? Surely that is his tuition of the Catholic faith.



    Iím also a practising Catholic but I didnít receive any Catholic education and it didnít do me any harm. In fact, Iíd suggest I got a much greater and much more thorough social education because those of a different persuasion were not completely alien to me. Itís ok for you to say, Catholic schools preach tolerance. But do they practise it? How can they when theyíve already excluded one sect of children from the other? You donít get that diversity at a Catholic school.

    I didnít grow up with any hatred, Protestants went to my primary school, they were my friends; for this very reason I could never feel any hatred or bitterness towards them.



    Yes, I was taught the same in my school, only difference is, mines didnít have the added dimension of total hypocrisy.



    Iím not blaming the schools for the sectarian problem in the North.

    (For example, I have to laugh when I see the average Hun in Glasgow out protesting about ĎApartheid Schoolsí when in generations gone before us their ancestry would have been the very people advocating a separate schooling system because they couldnít stand the sight of Ďra feniansí )

    But to dismiss their role is equally, if not more naive. If children can learn to mix together at an elementary age then the problem becomes less fundamental. And learning to mix, isnít simply being told by the Priest or whoever the Headmaster isÖ ĎOh well, itís ok to mix with X,Y and Z, just as long as you do it outside schoolí. Itís actually being allowed to mix in education without any separation.
    Fantastic post if I may say RK. Well played sir

  12. #132
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Protestants can join Catholic schools can they not?
    as can members of any other faith

  13. #133

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    This 1,000,000x over.

    Wish this cunt was still on here.
    He'd despise you like every other cunt. Love how you are trawling over the forums looking for me. Go get a real job, a place of your own and a girlfriend.

  14. #134
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Back in the days when the forum was booming and there was genuine conversation. And people who you genuinely disliked

  15. #135
    Celtic Legend Lars1916's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dublin

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    What songs are we supposed to sing? Songs about unicorns and fairies throwing glitter? Me arse. Up the IRA, Up the ETA

  16. #136
    Celtic Legend Wgs3inarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Espana

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Looking through this thread, where did all these cunts go, some cracking posters on here.
    Not all banned ?

  17. #137

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    Looking through this thread, where did all these cunts go, some cracking posters on here.
    Not all banned ?
    They were all loftys accounts/alter egos
    Has anyone seen my facts??

    Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

  18. #138
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Aye good hall of fame in this thread in fairness. Probably all locked up. Hopefully.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

  19. #139
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: "Genuine" celtic fans need to weed out bad element...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    Looking through this thread, where did all these cunts go, some cracking posters on here.
    Not all banned ?
    Some were dicks mate. Trust me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •