Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The future is bright

  1. #1
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Cool The future is bright

    It really is.
    Been reading a few threads here for the last week now. And, it all seems like doom and gloom.

    The managers that we're "looking" at don't match up for one reason or another. The CL play off/qualifying will gub us. There isn't any money left etc...

    But Is it really all this bad?

    What do we know about the potential managers? Well there is numerous topics listing all their faults, and best bits. But, overall I don't see the supporters on here getting too excited. But be honest, every manager that we are linked to, have all got success written over their names. Coyle with Burnley, Billic with Croatia, Mowbary with WB and Martinez with Swansea. (Minus McGhee, I really don't want him, but reckon he's off to the dons anyway)What ever the manager, it's going to be a risk, so lets just be positive when the guy comes in.

    Now, what happened in the last few months with Strachan seems to be more clear by the day. If reports are true, he knew he was leaving in January, thus a lack of signings, and thus an even more lack in motivation from him than usual. I believe, that sub consciously, he wasn't giving it his all in the run in, and this passed on to the players. No matter my personal opinion on WGS, the current players at Celtic, are of a good calibre. Sure they're no Ronaldo, Messi, Diego, etc, but they are fightrers and some great players. Boruc in goals, Zaluska coming in(maybe Boruc is for the off, maybe not) Caldwell, Loovens, Hinkle, Brown, McGeady, Maloney, Crosas, McDonald. These are the makings of a solid team, that given the right motivation, and the right drive in ambition, can all be playing at the high end, and many clubs in the EPL would love to have these guys. Others that are potential include the likes of Caddis, Mizuno, McCourt, Hutchi etc.Where am I getting at you may ask. Well What I'm saying is, that these players can be great for Celtic, and with a little bit of wise spending in the Transfer Market, we could have a squad capable of running away with the league next year(be honest, we all know weshoiuld have this year, and with reports about WGS knowing he was for the off, it starts to look clear that the drive was gone, and thus a failing in the league this year) So, There was to be 7million available to WGS in January. This 7 million was said to be there for the summer to, with I'd assume a couple extra for a rebuild. The new manager will have approx 9/10million to spend, this will be accounted for every year, and be used. The signing of 3-4 players with this 9/10 million could easily have this Celtic side winning the league, and progressing in Europe, be that simply to a decent run in the group stage of CL, or a tasty run in the Europa League. Either way, it IS POSSIBLE!!!

    What I'm saying is(in short), the new manager, will have money, and the current and new players will have a new sense of belief, and when the season starts off again, there will be ambition and a drive amoung the team, and the hope for starting a new era of success is only just beginning.

    To The Future!
    It's Bright, It's Green And White!!

  2. #2
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: The future is bright

    I think we're forgetting that the Huns are still shite. Yes they might be the current Champions, but it had been ours to lose and they're still worse than us.

  3. #3
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: The future is bright

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskal Herria View Post
    I think we're forgetting that the Huns are still shite. Yes they might be the current Champions, but it had been ours to lose and they're still worse than us.
    exactly.
    We should have won this title months ago. I'm thinking the drive wasnt there from Strachan(once he knew he was to leave in January) and this was passed on to the players(unknowingly of course)


    Next year should be a good one for us. I'm sure that who ever the manager is, will have a brilliant first season, and we'll take the title back.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The future is bright

    i see where your coming from and i agree with what your saying, our team does have a lot of good players but we need a bit of investment from the board to who ever comes in.

    we also need the new manager to recognise the players who more often than not let us down, i.e sammy, naylor, mcmanus (maybe im being harsh on mick but i dont think hes good enough) and also one who has a positive attitude when it comes to giving the hungry younger lads a chance. i mean ffs all we heard all season was how good mccourt is and we never seen him for more than 10 mins all season that i can recall.

    mizuno also played really well when he got the chance and should have been given a better run as well

  5. #5
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: The future is bright

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyC View Post
    i see where your coming from and i agree with what your saying, our team does have a lot of good players but we need a bit of investment from the board to who ever comes in.

    we also need the new manager to recognise the players who more often than not let us down, i.e sammy, naylor, mcmanus (maybe im being harsh on mick but i dont think hes good enough) and also one who has a positive attitude when it comes to giving the hungry younger lads a chance. i mean ffs all we heard all season was how good mccourt is and we never seen him for more than 10 mins all season that i can recall.

    mizuno also played really well when he got the chance and should have been given a better run as well
    Agreed. I believe the new manager will get a decent transfer kitty, in the region of 7-10million. and I believe we'd only need maybe 3 proven replacements for certain areas.
    Would like to think that the new manager coming in will take a hard look at all the first team and fringe players, and will pllay players that can offer something to the team.


    If it's someone like Martinez that comes in, then you'd think he'd love to give lads like Mizuno a decent run to prove themself.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The future is bright

    We need a massive clearout, the current squad is just not good enough, players like Samaras & JVoH who went 3 months without scoring in the SPL whilst playing for Celtic - fuck me that is just woefull.

    Willo fucking Flood?

    We really need to clear the decks & start from scratch, guys like Caddis, Misun, Mizuno, Ferry, Miller & McCourt may be able to make an impact, but I can't really see it being anything other than in the SPL (if at all).

    We do have "potentially" a good team though, Brown, Crosas in the middle. Loovens, Heid at the back. 2 good keepers. Hinkle & Wilson at RB. Some decent wingers like McGeady & Maloney.

    These players need major training & coaching though & positions such as LB are a fucking joke.

    The future is by no means bright, but now that Strachan is away from our club, it is certainly not bleak.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the World will know peace.

    - Jimi Hendrix.

  7. #7
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: The future is bright

    Quote Originally Posted by hairytoes View Post
    We need a massive clearout, the current squad is just not good enough, players like Samaras & JVoH who went 3 months without scoring in the SPL whilst playing for Celtic - fuck me that is just woefull.

    Willo fucking Flood?

    We really need to clear the decks & start from scratch, guys like Caddis, Misun, Mizuno, Ferry, Miller & McCourt may be able to make an impact, but I can't really see it being anything other than in the SPL (if at all).

    We do have "potentially" a good team though, Brown, Crosas in the middle. Loovens, Heid at the back. 2 good keepers. Hinkle & Wilson at RB. Some decent wingers like McGeady & Maloney.

    These players need major training & coaching though & positions such as LB are a fucking joke.

    The future is by no means bright, but now that Strachan is away from our club, it is certainly not bleak.
    You say the current squad is just not good enough, and need a massive clear out. but then follow on to agree with the players I mentioned are potentially a strong team. minus three positions, LB and the two ST. get in those three players, and you have a cracking team. Along with some good coaching and man motivation. something I feel Strachan lacked a lot of.
    A massive clear out is not needed. Yes players such as Sammy should be shot of, bobo is on his way out, donati probably will, Jan seems on his way out. after that....who else? the young ones such as mizuno, mccourt, milan etc should not be mentioned in a clear out.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The future is bright

    tbf mate, you can't go through a season with 1/2 a dozen good players & some untried guys who might have potential, even with good coaching.

    The board & Strachan have gotten us into this, we scraped the SPL last season & made no improvements other than Loovens (Sammy is shite, Maloney is perma-injured & don't even mention Flood).

    A pish poor Zombies team have run us to the last day twice in a row, do you think it will be different this season?

    Honestly, ask yourself - we're haggling over a variety of Championship & unemployed managers & as usual the club are doing fuck all to enlighten the fans.

  9. #9
    Banned CE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow!

    Default Re: The future is bright

    As I said, its not bright its unclear.

    We have nobody leading the team forward and the club as whole is in a shakey state considering the last 3 years!

    We need someone at the helm to let us and the players look forward!

  10. #10
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: The future is bright

    Hence why we need to be optimistic for the new season. It's a new start. A new manager shall get the best out of this team, there will be someone to drive them forward

  11. #11
    Plastic Scot Buzzbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare

    Default Re: The future is bright

    I think everyone is excited about the new manager and hopefully a new exciting system but when it comes to the future its hard to be positive, i cant see how we can progress as a club and in Europe with the envoirment were in.

    We have serious potential but the only way of fulfiiling it in my opinion is getting out of the spl, whether its a euro league or down south.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •