Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Doing the Squiggly

  1. #1
    Celtic Legend Mr Discharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Americas

    Default Doing the Squiggly

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtDg5qdO_6E

    Police condemn bridge stunt craze
    Police have increased patrols on Glasgow's newest bridge in response to a dangerous new craze.

    The 6m structure, linking Tradeston to Broomielaw, is known locally as the "Squiggly bridge" because of its two pointed supports.

    Since it opened in May, footage has appeared on the internet of people running up and down the supports.

    Police have described the pastime as "foolhardy" and said it could lead to someone losing their life.

    Officers became aware of the new craze - termed "Doing the Squiggly" - after footage appeared on video-sharing sites such as YouTube.

    Some people had even posted their own accounts on personal blogs.

    Supt Elizabeth Weir, of Strathclyde Police, said the pastime was dangerous and raised real concerns about public safety.

    She said: "This is not a sport. This activity is foolhardy and I would strongly urge anyone considering it to think again.

    "We have stepped up police patrols on the bridge in a bid to deter future activity and at worst, prevent deaths.

    "Our aim is public safety and we hope that an increased police presence and greater CCTV monitoring will go some way in expressing the dangers of this activity."

  2. #2

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Haha looks quite good actually

  3. #3
    Celtic Legend KildareCFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare, Ireland

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Legends lol
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

    We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    gas cunts!

  5. #5
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    lol did your man drop his shoe?
    It doesn't seem that high up really, but I suppose the danger is a lot of these people are going to be drunk..

  6. #6
    We hate Rangers. zmcfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    I know a lad who's done it.
    He's into parkour and shit, some of his youtube vids are amazing.

  7. #7
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Parkour is the queer version of free running

  8. #8
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Well, that's just silly. There's two lads that have drowned this week that I've heard about, there are things we just aren't supposed to do, but two days of nice weather and cunts think they know the script and haven't got a clue. Imagine we had hot weather all year here? Cunts would be getting killed all over the place. As for running over the clyde that's just stupid, you fall in there and you're dead no question.

    Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.



  9. #9
    Vodhiskey Cokozade Nicola1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    16.1 miles from paradise ;)

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    aww fuck ill have to be kept away from there

  10. #10
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Looks fun.

  11. #11
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Fucking idiots.

  12. #12
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Fucking idiots.
    You know, thats true...but...If someone was smart enough in the council, they could set that up as some sort of game/competition thing.
    Couple of safety ropes, and some rock climbing/parkour experts to run it, and you could charge 5 ahead for the joys of walking up that thing. folk would pay that stuipdly as well.

  13. #13
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Fucking idiots.
    You know, thats true...but...If someone was smart enough in the council, they could set that up as some sort of game/competition thing.
    Couple of safety ropes, and some rock climbing/parkour experts to run it, and you could charge 5 ahead for the joys of walking up that thing. folk would pay that stuipdly as well.
    Aye because it would be safer just swinging on a rope at 40 mph straight into one of the steel wires.

  14. #14
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Fucking idiots.
    You know, thats true...but...If someone was smart enough in the council, they could set that up as some sort of game/competition thing.
    Couple of safety ropes, and some rock climbing/parkour experts to run it, and you could charge 5 ahead for the joys of walking up that thing. folk would pay that stuipdly as well.
    Aye because it would be safer just swinging on a rope at 40 mph straight into one of the steel wires.
    Done by pro's that could be set up I'm sure. and all done safely..

  15. #15
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Fuck it let them kill themselves, it'll only bring the national average IQ up

  16. #16
    We hate Rangers. zmcfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash67 View Post
    Well, that's just silly. There's two lads that have drowned this week that I've heard about, there are things we just aren't supposed to do, but two days of nice weather and cunts think they know the script and haven't got a clue. Imagine we had hot weather all year here? Cunts would be getting killed all over the place. As for running over the clyde that's just stupid, you fall in there and you're dead no question.
    It's not over the Clyde, the squiggle on the bridge is on the middle of the bridge.
    So if you fell you'd land on concrete.
    Not much better, I know, just pointing it out lol.

  17. #17
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Then it's even sillier than first anticipated. They need a good fuckin clip round the ear.

  18. #18
    Vodhiskey Cokozade Nicola1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    16.1 miles from paradise ;)

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    is it just me that would like to give that ago?

    id go up no probs but dont know how i would get back down tbh

  19. #19
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola1888 View Post
    is it just me that would like to give that ago?

    id go up no probs but dont know how i would get back down tbh
    Away you ah heard you were greetin at the Irn Bru carnival, coming off the dodgems.


    That sounds wrong. nevermind.

  20. #20
    Vodhiskey Cokozade Nicola1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    16.1 miles from paradise ;)

    Default Re: Doing the Squiggly

    nah i was screaming at the carnival

    no because im scared of any shows im addicted to them

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •