Thread: Realistic Transfer Funds?

Default Realistic Transfer Funds?

What do you reckon lads and lassies?

I honestly believe we will spend the usual 2-3m on a couple of average players. What we need is to clear the shit and spend at least 9-10m on a couple of decent and/or proven professionals.

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

Default Re: Realistic Transfer Funds?

I think there is about 7m plus whatever else is brought in. That would be 4m for Boruc and maybe a couple of mill from other player sales.

With that we need two new strikers, a centre mid and a left back minimum.

I'd be very surprised if we actually splashed the cash. Another summer of disappointment ahead I suspect, particularly as, according to DD, the priority of the board is the health of the club 'on and off the balance sheet'.

I don't think we'll splash out either unfortunately due to our lack of success last season. A few Bosmans I would expect though now that we have one or two high earners off the wage bill.

Agree with you Martin.

Obviously the board don't see us as a the big club the rest of us do.

I don't think they will spunk a load but i do think there will be enough for 3 2-3m signings, plus whatever is brought in.

Compare that with what even Burnley will be able to spend going u to the EPL. Birmingham are spending 6m on players and we can't do that anymore.

I'd be surprised if we spent over 5m in total.

Some of yous forget were playing in the Scottish League, a wee diddy League of nobody teams. No one great wants to play here and we cant afford them anyway. I dont see Championship teams in England(who are on a par with us financially) wanting 10m+ spent because they know they havent the money.

We know we haven't the money yet we still want what we cant get.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch_cfc View Post
    Some of yous forget were playing in the Scottish League, a wee diddy League of nobody teams. No one great wants to play here and we cant afford them anyway. I dont see Championship teams in England(who are on a par with us financially) wanting 10m+ spent because they know they havent the money.

We know we haven't the money yet we still want what we cant get.
    Who says we can't get it? I'm getting tired of hearing the same old shit, "we don't have the money" etc, etc. Bullshit we don't, where does all the UCL money go? We could well afford 3-4m for a player, even if it's one a year. You never know who you can get if you don't even try. We aim low, we will get low. If we aim high, at least there's a chance that we can get something out of it, right?

The Champions League money goes in with all the other money we bring in in a big total.

The Champions League money isn't someone handing you 12m to do what you want, it goes in with all the other money we bring in.

Say we bring in in a year 70m, but we spend on wages and whatever else 68m which is usually close to the actual numbers we only made 2m, so if we were really stingy we would only have 2m to spend on players unless we sold other players.

If we were to get a loan and spend 10m, then the loan with interest would add on about 13m of debt that would need paid back over years. Thats why we dont spend any more than the profits we have.

Like this year, Zombies didnt get any Champions League money to will have made a loss and piled on more debt to their already fairly high level. The Champions League money isnt bonus money it's whats keeping us afloat.

I think selling players is where we'll get most of our funds, as this is like for like & not really affecting our finances at all.

Players going for free such as Bobo (30k) JVoH (15k) Naka (15k) Hartley (10k) will free up a large amount of cash. Obviously I'm making this shite up, but that's about 3.5 million quids a year saved on wages alone, before you even sell anyone.

If we then sell Donati (2m) Naylor (1m) McManus (2m) Samaras (1m), that's about another 6 million + wages.

I think the new manager could have up to 10 million to spend on players including wages, quite easily.

If the board wants to spunk a bit more on him, then that's fine too.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the World will know peace.

- Jimi Hendrix.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the baord not come out awhile back and say that 7million was made available in January, and that it will still be there for the summer. And then only last week(I think)Reid said that money will be made available to a new manager.

That says to me, at least 7million. Maybe make it up to a square 10million to help the new manager along.

i can't see much being spent

its degrading that a manager of burnley has knocked us back but scouring the english championship for a coach is ominous

if they're unwilling to spend money on the most important position in the club what odds they'll give whoever it is any sort of amount to spend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the baord not come out awhile back and say that 7million was made available in January, and that it will still be there for the summer. And then only last week(I think)Reid said that money will be made available to a new manager.
    I remember him saying that there was money to spend but no way would he say how much because then clubs would know exactly how much they could demand in fees. If Reid said there was money to spend then you have to imagine that there was at lest 3m to spend though.

I honestly think that Celtic will spend at least 10-15 million,the huns spent about 15 million at the start of the season ffs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    I remember him saying that there was money to spend but no way would he say how much because then clubs would know exactly how much they could demand in fees. If Reid said there was money to spend then you have to imagine that there was at lest 3m to spend though.
    It wouldn't be like the board to mention a price I know. Not sure why 7million sticks out to me though :s

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    It wouldn't be like the board to mention a price I know. Not sure why 7million sticks out to me though :s
    Maybe it would be a magnificent 7 million? I reckon the new guy will have about that plus what he brings in. If he's clever he will get a quality striker and centre mid with that and then hopefully sign a left back and another striker with the money he brings in.

Depends on what we shift.

Right now I would say about 6million and thats with us getting a manager with not much compensation.

Joke tbh.