Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nakamura Agrees Terms with Espanyol

Default Nakamura Agrees Terms with Espanyol

Nakamura is free to leave Celtic next month as his current contract is due to expire.

Celtic are believed to have tabled an offer to keep the Japanese playmaker, while his old club Yokohama Marinos are keen to lure him back to his homeland.

Nakamura's future at Celtic looks uncertain following the departure of Gordon Strachan and clubs across Europe are lining up moves for the player.

Nakamura's representative, Roberto Takuda claims Espanyol have made an approach for the 30-year-old schemer.

"It is true they (Espanyol) have approached us," Takuda told Daily Sports newspaper.

Hopefully he leaves, need some fresh blood. Good luck Naka.

Default Re: Espanyol Move For Nakamura

would love him to stay, he still has plenty to offer

same here, hoping he will stay

Good to see us back to the old way of letting players contracts run out and not receiving a penny from transfer fees.

Naka will either stay with us for another year (fingers crossed) or go back to Japan.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

He'd struggle in Spain anyway I reckon. Though I wish him all the best whatever happens.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

The spanish game won't suit him if he gets played RW, but if he's a CAM he'll do well

It depends on the team really. Espanyol are about as big as he could hope to go to. As for position you might be right. There's certainly a less physical part to the game here which might be to his advantage.

He's always wanted to play in Spain/. And although he has became more content with going home, I reckon he would still take one stab at La Liga. Just to say he played there.

I reckon he should come to play fopr Real Murccia and gloriously get them back out of Segunda (D2) and in Primera where they belong.

Purely selfish Onion reasons of cousre..

Quote Originally Posted by The Onion View Post
    I reckon he should come to play fopr Real Murccia and gloriously get them back out of Segunda (D2) and in Primera where they belong.

Purely selfish Onion reasons of cousre..
    Mon the Elche!!

Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash67 View Post
    I like Elche too. Bee to a few 'local derbies' between the two. I like to see them doin well too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Onion View Post
    I like Elche too. Bee to a few 'local derbies' between the two. I like to see them doin well too.

http://www.infoexpres.es/eniusimg/en...796f0a2dfb.jpg
    Good stuff, nice town is Elche and it's safari park.

Latest on this saga

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | C | Celtic | Nakamura close to Espanyol switch

Shunsuke Nakamura is to join Espanyol after Yokohama F. Marinos failed to complete a deal for the midfielder, the J-League club have announced.

His former club had wanted to take the 30-year-old back to Japan now that his contract is up at Celtic.

However, a Marinos spokesman said: "We have been told by his agent that Nakamura has decided to go to Espanyol.

"He said he was in two minds but decided to play in Spain, where he has wanted to go for a long time."

Espanyol, who finished 10th in La Liga last season, have yet to make any official announcement.

Nakamura's Celtic contract will expire at the end of June and signal the end of a successful four-year stay with the Scottish Premier League side.

The PFA Scotland's player of the year in 2007 helped Celtic to three consecutive titles as well as a Scottish Cup success and two League Cup victories.

In May, Yokohama indicated that they were willing to make Nakamura their highest-paid player, with a contract worth 1m per year on offer.

The J-League club wanted to buy him in January but were foiled after club sponsors Nissan suffered financial problems.

Nakamura left Marinos in 2002 and spent three seasons with Reggina in Italy before his 1.25m switch to Glasgow.

"It is a pity that we couldn't sign him," said Marinos president Masaharu Saito.

"But we respect his decision and hope he will have a productive spell in the Spanish league."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Good to see us back to the old way of letting players contracts run out and not receiving a penny from transfer fees.
    Was about to say the same, what a load of shite.
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

So much for him 'pining for home', eh

Well he stuck by what he said remember this

Nakamura still dreams of Spain - Scotsman.com Sport

SHUNSUKE Nakamura yesterday completed his 2.75million transfer to Celtic and immediately outlined his ambition to produce the kind of football which will ultimately allow him to realise his dream of playing in Spain.
    The 27-year-old Japanese international midfielder has now seen his path to La Liga blocked twice. In 2002, when he was dramatically left out of his country's squad for the World Cup finals by coach Philippe Troussier, a mooted switch to Real Madrid collapsed and he instead left Yokohama Marinos in his homeland to join Reggina.

When the Italian club made him available for transfer this summer, Nakamura again set his sights on Spanish football but while there was interest from Real Zaragoza, they were unwilling to meet the asking price. After passing a medical and signing a three-year contract with Celtic yesterday, the left-footed playmaker made it clear he is determined his performances in Scotland will ensure his next move is to Spain.

"When I was in Italy, going to Spain was always one of my targets and I still hope I can play there some time in the future," said Nakamura. Celtic supporters, a group of whom waited in the rain outside Parkhead yesterday to welcome Nakamura, may be concerned at the prospect of him using them simply as a stepping-stone but he insists his first priority in Glasgow is to help reclaim the championship from Zombies.

Domestic silverware is something which has so far eluded Nakamura in his career with Yokohama and Reggina and he is relishing the prospect of altering that aspect of his CV with Celtic. "I know that Celtic are always around the top of the league here," he said, "and I don't want to think of the team getting worse while I am here. When I was with Reggina, the team always managed to stay in Serie A and that meant I had done my job properly there. I always like to help my team do better than they did last year and with Celtic that means winning the championship.

"I knew of both Celtic and Zombies from watching the Champions League and I know they are great rivals. One of the first supporters I met here told me that we go to play Zombies on 20 August and that we must win that match. I want to play in that match and do really well."

Nakamura has been handed the No25 jersey once worn with such grace and style by Lubomir Moravcik but he does not feel troubled by any expectations that he will prove to be a creative saviour for a Celtic side stunned by their nightmare start to the season against Artmedia Bratislava in Slovakia on Wednesday night.

"When I was in Italy, I wore the No10 jersey and there was a lot of pressure on me," said Nakamura who is likely to make his debut against Dundee United at Parkhead next Saturday. "Football is a team sport, however, and it's not just about me. I am here to help support the other players as well, so I don't feel there is as much pressure on me at the moment.

"I didn't see the game against Artmedia but I will watch the game at Motherwell on Saturday and the Champions League return leg at Parkhead next Tuesday to look at the individual players and see how they play. When I was back in Japan after the Confederations Cup in Germany in June, I did some training in the gym but I am not 100 per cent ready to play yet. If the manager asks me to go for it next Saturday, though, then I will go for it."

Speaking through an interpreter, Nakamura insisted the language barrier will not prevent him settling in at Celtic on or off the pitch. "When I was with Reggina, I had my own Italian teacher," he said, "but the most important thing is to communicate on the pitch. Of course, I would like to talk to the other players and people here, so I may try to learn English."

Nakamura, who has scored 12 times in 52 appearances for Japan, will certainly be intensely motivated to perform to a consistently high level for Celtic in the coming months as he looks to ensure there is no repeat of his omission from his country's squad when coach Zico names the 22 men for next summer's World Cup finals in Germany.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan, who had his positive impressions of Nakamura reinforced by the player's displays for his country in the Confederations Cup last month, is convinced he will deliver a much needed fresh dimension to his team.

"I hope he will play to his potential here," said Strachan. "I enjoy watching good footballers and I know the other players here will appreciate Shunsuke. He will add a change of pace to the team, which is something I want to do. He has good imagination and can see passes other people can't see."

Around 20 Japanese journalists attended yesterday's media conference to announce Nakamura's signing, such is the celebrity status of the leading footballers in the Land of the Rising Sun. They will be regular attendees over the coming weeks and months as he attempts to adapt to life in a country he says he identifies with "bagpipes and dancing".

Nakamura may be joined by another Far East recruit, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell confirming yesterday that central defender Du Wei, the 23-year-old captain of the Chinese national team, will arrive in Glasgow tonight for a week-long trial with a view to an 800,000 transfer from Shanghei Shenhua.

"Nakamura is not necessarily the end of our spending programme," said Lawwell. "We have another four or five weeks to go [before the transfer window closes] and we will wait and see how things go. We are grateful to Dermot Desmond and the board for supporting the seven signings we have made so far."
    I'm raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust. Any donations would be really sound and much appreciated!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulregan93

Ah well, good luck to him.

Default Re: Nakamura Agrees Terms with Espanyol

That's it done and dusted, with a medical pending.

Default Re: Nakamura Agrees Terms with Espanyol

Bitterly dissapointed about this really. I would have been as happy as larry if he was heading off home for personal reasons but just a bit dissapointed that he just heading to Espanyol. Although to be fair, he has said he wanted to play on Spain. Still...