Thread: sport

Default sport

First you, i would like to thank you for making me a member of board67©2009,

i would like to make an enquiry to find out if there is any possibility of creating a section where we could discus other sports from all across the world, ie boxing, tennis, golf ect, i think this would be a great addition to this already wonderful forum, i eagerly await you reply

regards
    Steven

Default Re: sport

I would like this as well. I've discussed the likes of Snooker, Rugby, Golf and Tennis before with some folk on here.

Good shout

Would you care to discuss various sports in such a formal manner also?

Regards Claire

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Dear Steven,
    Thank you for your letter. Site suggestions are welcomed with open arms by the admin team here at Board67©2009 and we are constantly seeking to improve the message board experience for our members.

It is my understanding that you wish for there to be a board made available for the discussion of sports other than football, or "the beautiful game" as it is occasionally dubbed. It is of my opinion that any 'sport' which does not involve a ball and two teams are not sports at all. Swimming, for example, is a mode of transport rather than the 'sport' some people seem to parade it as. Similarly, snooker and darts are not sports either. More, pub hobbies if you will. One notable exception to this rule is cricket. Cricket is played by two teams and does include a ball - this has caused many people to incorrectly assume it is a sport, or at least a good one. Any game that stops for "tea" will be regarded as an archaic novelty rather than a sporting event which can command respect.

Here at Board67©2009 however, we like to think ourselves an amiable bunch and as such I am prepared to meet you half way on this issue. I will provide you with a forum for the discussion of sports outwith football, on the gentlemans agreement that you do not sully it with the discussion of sporting occasions which are, to use the latin term, purius pishius.

Yours,
    E. Herria

thank you very much sir

Nice one EH