Thread: JVoH having a medical at PSV

Default JVoH having a medical at PSV

Hopefully he'll fuck off, but as he's perma-injured I'm not holding my breath

Reports emanating from Holland today claim that Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink has undergone a medical at PSV Eindhoven and is expected to confirm his switch back to the Eredivisie very soon.

Celtic and Vennegoor of Hesselink had a one-year option on his current contract but it's thought that the Dutch international will put pen to paper on a three-year deal with the Eindhoven club with whom he spent five years with previously. Earlier reports had suggested that Jan's preference was to remain with Celtic but the uncertainty following Gordon Strachan's resignation is thought to have forced the big striker's hand.

His former Eindhoven team-mate Andre Ooijer just returned to the club from Blackburn and had urged his friend to join him. "I hope Jan comes back to PSV." said Ooijer recently. "Strachan has left Celtic and that may affect Jan's situation. I have great confidence in our new coach Fred Rutten and I'm glad to be back in Eindhoven."

According to a report in Studio Voetbal the medical has been completed and the announcement of the signing is imminent
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the World will know peace.

- Jimi Hendrix.

Default Re: JVoH having a medical at PSV

I expect us to have a new manager before we seen any comings and goings of players.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Fuck off lump of shit-elink

J: At last

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

He's scored some very important goals for us, I'll never ever forget his last minute header against the Huns (even if it was mainly down to great work from Heid and Skippy). But even watching him in the TB game, he was shite. I know it was a mess game but he had a couple of headers which were woeful and Naylor displayed far better finishing.

I see that Lawell is still letting our players run down their contracts & fucking off for nowt.

JVoH, Naka, Hartley & of course Bobo are all on their way out of the club this year (probably).

All of them are current internationalists ( JVoH - sometimes).

Surely we could've punted them all last season for cash, especially considering they are all shite.

Fuck me - Strachan wanted to give them all new contracts with the exception of Bobo.

As much as I love Naka, it was obvious he was going - thought Lawell would've wanted some cash...I would!

Yes, we should have sold him at the beginning of last season and brought in a few other strikers. It was so obvious at the time.

I'll be glad to see the back of him, he was worse than a man down last season.

Pish poor asset management!

Not entirely the clubs fault on this one as there was only one wee fud who wanted to keep him at the club last summer!!

That worked out well eh..
    Keeping the faith doesn't mean blind faith...

Ooft, was a great player for us but this year he was piss poor. I wish him all the best in the future.

Free agent Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink could be set for PSV return

PSV EINDHOVEN are mulling over signing Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink after the former Holland striker was release by Celtic.

PSV have previously denied any interest in the 30-year-old, with technical director Adrie van Kraaij describing such speculation as "nonsense".

But after being informed of Celtic's decision to let the player go, Van Kraaij admitted the prospect of a free transfer could yet entice the club to make a move.

Van Kraaij said: "Is he really allowed to leave Celtic as a free agent? That's news to me.

"Those stories that we were interested earlier on were nonsense. But now I will start talks internally, like we always do.

"Apart from that I won't give any comments."

Vennegoor of Hesselink's contract at the Hoops expired earlier this week and new boss Tony Mowbray indicated yesterday he was happy to let the frontman leave Celtic Park.

He said: "I have had no contact with Jan. Jan is out of contract - he is free to seek other employment and I'm pretty sure that's what he will be doing at the moment."
    DailyRecord
    Hope you get the move Jan, thanks for some great goals.

i live in grangemouth ,but im from bo`ness

he took some pish last season which i thought was a joke tbh! had a bad injury and struggled to get back to full fitness! good luck big guy and cheers for your efforts
    god will have the final say,when your day of judgment comes!

Mince last season, thats why he got abuse.

Cheers for the rare good moments Jan, hope you do well.

Thanks for the memories Jan. Scored the most important goal for years, IMO.

hope he goes hes had his time with good luck to him

Glad he is gone to be honest. Nice guy but had his fair share of pish moments in the Hoops.

Thanks for the important goal against the huns! Will live with me forever!

Hopefully he isn't just remembered for that goal though. Scored important goals against Hibs, ICT, Dundee United and Man United (only for Gravesen to fuck up big-time).

Was a pretty good targetman on his day too. Always felt he brought the best out of McDonald.

The goal against ICT wasn't that important.

What goal against Hibs?

I don't think he scored too many important ones, his goal against the huns, for me, was his most important...

Glad to see the back of him to be honest, was dirt last session but struggled with injury.

Wish the lad the best of look and thanks for the memories like when he bagged the last minute goal against the huns, think I had 6 wanks that day.
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!