Thread: Underestimated

Default Underestimated

With all the manager names floating around I can't help but feel we are underestimated.

Names like Glen Hoddle and several others think they can just apply for the job, even though they haven't done much in their career to merit it, a typical thought of it's only the SPL, it's only Celtic.

Fact is we are financial stable, have a great youth system and training complex, we could be competing in the Champions League next season and not to forget we have one of the best group of supporters in the world (the best in my opinion) and we deserve more than a championship manager or some screw loose who thinks it's just a job

Thoughts?
    "Football without the fans is nothing"
    "Celtic Football Club is the fans, without them there is no club."

WE'VE WON THE LEAGUE AGAIN.. FLY THE FLAG, FLY THE FLAG!

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

Default Re: Underestimated

Glenn Hoddle has managed Chelsea, Spurs and England, three of the biggest jobs in England so i don't see how "he hasn't done much", especially considering other folk would appoint Bilic as manager.

The fact is that we play in what is seen as a shit league, we don't have any money to spend and our ans basically expect miraclew from their manager. As much as anyhting else Coyle didn't want the job because of the pressure it would put on him and his family.

Our pulling power has diminished from 10 years ago when we could poach the most exciting young manager in the EPL (MON) to now trying to do the same in the championship (Martinez). The idea that some fans have that we'd be able to attract someone like Rijkhard is laughable.

Default Re: Underestimated

Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Glenn Hoddle has managed Chelsea, Spurs and England, three of the biggest jobs in England so i don't see how "he hasn't done much", especially considering other folk would appoint Bilic as manager.

The fact is that we play in what is seen as a shit league, we don't have any money to spend and our ans basically expect miraclew from their manager. As much as anyhting else Coyle didn't want the job because of the pressure it would put on him and his family.

Our pulling power has diminished from 10 years ago when we could poach the most exciting young manager in the EPL (MON) to now trying to do the same in the championship (Martinez). The idea that some fans have that we'd be able to attract someone like Rijkhard is laughable.
    agree with most of that man, a pretty accurate evaluation of our situation

However, all the managers linked with us are known for fast paced attacking football, something the fans have been crying out for, and have railed against WGS for his apparent lack of it.

Managers seem to be treated much like players in this current market - ie hot prospects of around 35-40 being gambled on at many clubs.

However with all the money at Man City they got Mark Hughes - a manager we previously would have definitely been able to attract and if he was without a job or not at Man City he would be linked strongly i'd think.

Managers like Hoddle etc look to us as that kind of triumphant revival, where they seem all but gone, but then take us to new heights, at least i'd imagine this would be Hoddle's view.

Our fans are both a help and hindrance to who we can attract as gain our love and adoration you will never want to leave, go down a legend

However if you do not, or even only to the degree of Strachan it is a very stressful time, and if you fail you will never live it down and will probably fail to recover.