Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Plane gone missing!

  1. #1
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Plane gone missing!

    Just seen on the news there, a French plane coming from Brazil has gone missing over the Atlantic and no one knows what the hell has happened! It's off the radar and there's no radio contact, the plane should have arrived a few hours ago. :confused:

    There is hundreds of people on board, doesn't look good.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

  2. #2

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Just seen on the news there, a French plane coming from Brazil has gone missing over the Atlantic and no one knows what the hell has happened! It's off the radar and there's no radio contact, the plane should have arrived a few hours ago. :confused:

    There is hundreds of people on board, doesn't look good.
    Bloody hell, is this a disaster in the making?

  3. #3
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!


  4. #4

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Cheers but i'm on sky news.
    This is odd.

  5. #5
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Wtf, that is scary shit. Hope it's found soon.



  6. #6
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    People are saying now that it may have been hit by lightning during strong turbulence in the middle of the night. The plane still hasn't shown up or been found.

  7. #7
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    "We are probably facing an air catastrophe, it's certainly no longer in the air now. It would have run out of fuel." - Pierre-Henri Gourgeon, the airline's chief executive.


  8. #8
    Bhoy's Hero Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Sounds pretty bad. All I can think of is Lost though.

  9. #9
    We hate Rangers. zmcfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Fucking hell.

    Doesn't sound good, probably all died tbh, it'll be a hard task searching through the Atlantic, especially as no contact was made pre-crash (I'm assuming it crashed)

  10. #10
    Paddy McCourt ! TheBhoyDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stirling

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    is there not a chance they could still be alive?
    maybe it hit the water

  11. #11
    Celtic Legend Mr Discharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Americas

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    tbh I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be shocked if lighning alone braught this aircraft down.

    Its been suggested this is the location of the aircraft. If right, I dont hold much hope for any suvivors. Halfway between Brazil and Cape Verde.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...300781&t=h&z=5

  12. #12
    Bhoy's Hero DobbinS 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    tbh I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be shocked if lighning alone braught this aircraft down.

    Its been suggested this is the location of the aircraft. If right, I dont hold much hope for any suvivors. Halfway between Brazil and Cape Verde.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...300781&t=h&z=5
    Would lightning not cause the plane some trouble mate? i also presumed that it wouldn't be a big deal as that means there would be a lot more disasters around the world as theres regularly storms when flying

    They reckon it was a major electrical fault that was caused by the lightninga and all the systems failed i think thats how they lost the radio

  13. #13
    Celtic Legend Mr Discharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Americas

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Quote Originally Posted by DobbinS 1888 View Post
    Would lightning not cause the plane some trouble mate? i also presumed that it wouldn't be a big deal as that means there would be a lot more disasters around the world as theres regularly storms when flying

    They reckon it was a major electrical fault that was caused by the lightninga and all the systems failed i think thats how they lost the radio
    Lightning alone would cause minor problems, nothing that would bring the aircraft down.

    If lightning is to bring down an aircraft, especially one the size of an Airbus A330 then the aircraft would have to had flown directly into a lightning storm accompanied by severe turbulence. The pilots would have had plenty of warning such a storm was ahead and would, I presume, fly around the storm.

    Its all speculation and educated guessing for now.

    SkyNews are now saying Irish and British passengers were onboard.

  14. #14
    Presente: ahora y siempre Diegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Tropical storms are much taller than normal storms... so this plane would have flown directly into the most electrically charged part. The threat isn't so much lightning, planes are designed around it, but that all the charges could have royally fucked all of their equipment. Also, there are microbursts galore in the center of a tropical storm with sudden wind bursts going up, down, side to side, headwind to tail wind. The plane reported electrical failure and loss of cabin pressure, so the only option may have been to ditch in the middle of the storm.

  15. #15
    Celtic Legend Mr Discharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Americas

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Diegan View Post
    Tropical storms are much taller than normal storms... so this plane would have flown directly into the most electrically charged part. The threat isn't so much lightning, planes are designed around it, but that all the charges could have royally fucked all of their equipment. Also, there are microbursts galore in the center of a tropical storm with sudden wind bursts going up, down, side to side, headwind to tail wind. The plane reported electrical failure and loss of cabin pressure, so the only option may have been to ditch in the middle of the storm.
    If it was a gradual cabin-decompression a ditching in the ocean would not be nesacery The aircraft would just need to be taken down to a lower altatude before diverting to an alternat airport.

    A ditching in the ocean at night would be near on impossible to do, especialy with a storm in the area. It's one thing to land an Airbus A321 on the Hudson during the day. But to land an Airbus A330 (far larger aircraft) on the Ocean at night (no visual landmarks so difficult to know if your flying level without flight deck controls) with a storm in the area kicking up large waves is going to be impossible.

    From the little information we all know at this point the most plausable explanation would be a sudden decompression.

    But until the aircraft is recovered it will all be speculation and no facts.

    Its been suggested the area of Ocean where the aircraft could have went down is deeper than that of where the Titanic sank. If so its going to make recovery and even just finding the Black Boxes very difficult.

    I think the tracker on the Black Boxes has a signal strength of around two miles which gets weaker as times goes by. If the Ocean is as deep as has been suggested, to find the aircraft wreckage the ships will need to be directly above the aircraft.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    thats a bit weird hopefully theyre all found alive doesnt look very likely though

  17. #17
    Celtic Legend Mr Discharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Americas

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    The pilot came on the radio saying he had hit severe turbulence. Fifteen minutes later the aircraft's systems sent automatic error messages reporting multiple electrical faults and a drastic loss of cabin pressure.

    Such factors suggested that the plane had broken up in the storm, said an Air France source in Paris.

    The source confirmed that there was ‘no hope’ of finding anybody in the wreckage.


    http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/w...assengers.html

  18. #18
    Celtic Legend Mr Discharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Americas

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    SkyNews now saying a man from Glasgow was onboard this flight.

  19. #19
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Bloody hell, shocking story. Hope they are all okay, looks doubtful.

  20. #20
    Bhoy's Hero DobbinS 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland

    Default Re: Plane gone missing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The pilot came on the radio saying he had hit severe turbulence. Fifteen minutes later the aircraft's systems sent automatic error messages reporting multiple electrical faults and a drastic loss of cabin pressure.

    Such factors suggested that the plane had broken up in the storm, said an Air France source in Paris.

    The source confirmed that there was ‘no hope’ of finding anybody in the wreckage.


    http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/w...assengers.html


    They must have flew straight into it and not had warnings to go around it. Still dont know what tbh as many experts have been saying these planes are built to withstand almost any lightning strike and any level of turbulance. My guess is that the equipment failed and they didn't recieve the warning about the storm so they flew straight into it, so the pilots were effectively flying blind. I watched a programme on it once on the Discovery channel where these pilots where flying at night and the guages were telling them all sorts of the wrong things like they were flying too low then they were suddenly not flying level and all sorts of stuff. They eventually crashed into the sea. Something similar could have happened here.

    The area they were flying through is also known to be common for large storms and they can go upto 65,000ft which is too high for the plane to avoid if it has not already done so without warning. Still hope there are some survivors at least

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •