Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Ramsey in debt of over £7m

Default Gordon Ramsey in debt of over £7m

Gordon Ramsay sells Ferrari to fight credit crunch
    Gordon Ramsay has sold his beloved Ferrari to shore up his restaurant empire.

The fiery TV chef revealed how his business was threatened with ruin as debts to the taxman soared past £7million.

In his own Kitchen Nightmare his accountants wanted him to give up control of his firm so they could sell off parts of the business – but Ramsay refused.

Recalling how KPMG gave him the bad news, he said: “It was the worse b*****king ever . They told me I was f*****. It’s been an absolute s*** fight. We were told to go into administration.Tana (his wife] and I discussed selling our house.”

The dad-of-four, who runs Gordon Ramsay Holdings with his father-in-law, said they kept afloat by spending £5million of their own cash.

He added: “There was no way I was going to go under like Tom Aikens or Antony Worrall Thompson. I couldn’t let down my staff and suppliers.”

In an effort to raise more funds he even sold his sports car. “God, I loved that Ferrari,” he said.

Ramsay, 42, told the Sunday Times: “We have got rid of our losses. We’ve got strong trading. Stop now? No way. The best is yet to come.”

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: Gordon Ramsey in debt of over £7m

Boo hoo, go and top yerself ya sack.

I'm sure his next channel 4 deal will sort it out.

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

maybe he could go play for the manky mob again, oh wait he never....
    http://i44.tinypic.com/121py55.png%5B/IMG%5D

he'd still get it

Cheers Cashy!!!

Fuck me, he had to sell his Ferrari? poor guy

Hard times indeed
    "Celtic is important to me in as much as it's one of the only constants in my life over the years. I have changed and become various things but it is the one constant. Religion, friendships have come and gone, likes and dislikes have come and gone, but Celtic has remained." - Billy Connolly

What a prick the guy is. Hope it all tumbles down around him, he becomes an alcoholic, his wife leaves him and he ends up getting the shit kicked out of him by one of the poor bastards he ripped into. And then he falls down a well.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

HAHA!!

Ramsay has his own kitchen nightmare as profits collapse
    After a dicey financial year and controversy over an offensive outburst against an Australian TV star, it would appear celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay's recipe for success has turned slightly sour.

The foul-mouthed host of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, who last month was forced into a grovelling apology after he described presenter Tracy Grimshaw as a lesbian and compared her to a pig, has seen his profits plunge 87%.

According to Ramsay's latest business accounts for 2007-2008, published yesterday, the Scots business mogul, who has closed several of his restaurants, has seen profits for Gordon Ramsay Holdings (GRH) fall from £3.05m to £383,325.

In the year to August 2008, turnover dropped to £35m from £41.6m the previous year.

Meanwhile, net debt soared from £4.06m to £9.48m.

The figures made miserable reading for Ramsay, and his business partner and father-in-law, Chris Hutcheson.

The company has also just paid almost £8m in unpaid backlog of VAT, corporation tax and Pay As You Earn money following an investigation by the Inland Revenue.

Ramsay, 42, recently admitted his accountants had drawn up plans to put GRH into administration after a failed overseas expansion programme.

The chef, who is renowned for his four-letter tirades at his chefs on television, said: "It was the worst bollocking ever. They told me I was ******. They said we should plan for administration. That it would be smoother for everyone. We went over our overdraft limit and we did not hit revenue targets."

The figures reveal Ramsay put £3.5m into the business, while Mr Hutcheson donated £1.5m.

The crisis came after GRH breached covenants, promises made to lenders to secure a loan, on its £500,000 overdraft and £10m of loans with Royal Bank of Scotland.

Ramsay's business model was also damaged by the closure of key London restaurants. The Savoy Grill was shut because of refurbishment at its host hotel, while the Connaught lease expired, which accounted for a £9.5m reduction in revenues.

A statement from the firm said that after a restructuring it was confident the group had "successfully undergone change for the better" and was now "well-placed to grow its operation with a more stable capital base and a more manageable overall structure".

Since December 2007, Ramsay has closed four of his capital city restaurants, including Petrus and La Noisette. The other closures were The Connaught and the Savoy Grill.

The firm said 25 staff were axed as part of the restructuring efforts.

Ramsay, who was born in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, and had trials for Zombies, stumbled across his talent for cooking at college when his football career evaporated after been plagued by injuries.

He began work as a commis chef in the Wroxton House Hotel, Oxfordshire, and then worked in several other venues before moving to London and training under the equally imposing Marco Pierre White.

He continued to excel, studying in France and returning to become head chef at La Tante Claire, London, in 1993.

Shortly afterwards he went into business with Pierrre White, taking a 10% stake in the restaurant Aubergine, of which he was also head chef.

It was there he earned his first two Michelin stars and got his first real taste of business.

He opened his own restaurant, Gordon Ramsay At Royal Hospital Road, in 1998 and three years later the venue earned its third Michelin star, making Ramsay the first Scot to achieve this feat. He is also one of only three UK chefs who have managed to maintain their status of three stars.

The figures revealed yesterday do not include his restaurants across the world, including in Cape Town, Tuscany and Tokyo.

A spokeswoman for the group said the international company will report its results later this month, but added that while the shareholders are the same, the performance of the groups would not impact each other.

Ramsay also has a cookery school in Surrey.

Plans are well under way to open three more restaurants across the globe, including one in Melbourne.

Despite his business troubles, Ramsay isn't swearing over spilt milk and is looking forward to a lucrative year ahead.

Mr Hutcheson, GRH chief executive, insisted the worst was behind the company and that the London restaurants had returned to robust health, a process that will be aided by the reopening of Petrus and the Savoy Grill in 2010.

couldnt happen to a nicer guy

GIRUY ya stuck up bastard
    I'm raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust. Any donations would be really sound and much appreciated!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulregan93

Hope the obnoxious hun prick goes bsut

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopymo View Post
    Boo hoo, go and top yerself ya sack.

I'm sure his next channel 4 deal will sort it out.

being a dangerous person i live in dangerville

Hope you get aids gordon

hopefully he nears collapse only for his business to be sold for 1 pence to Frank McAvennie under whom the business flourishes and nobody bothers about his philandering as we're already used to it.

And all the restaurants are renamed appropriately.

lol fuck him the big mouthed hun wannabee. couldnt have happened to a bigger cunt

oh aye maybe change frankie bhoy to clagan

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    oh aye maybe change frankie bhoy to clagan
    :confused:

if ramsey was going bust you could bag his business for a quid change all his restaurants to provo eateries and make him gutted.

if ramsey was going bust you could bag his business for a quid change all his restaurants to provo eateries and make him gutted.
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. love your thinking my man. maybe i could start pretending i played Lb for the hoops for 3 games but no one remember sme?

Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. love your thinking my man. maybe i could start pretending i played Lb for the hoops for 3 games but no one remember sme?
    I had your name on the back of my shirt

Think this would make the sun?

I had your name on the back of my shirt

Think this would make the sun?
    front page headlines mate "bestiality enthusiast sex pest chef in fake celtic claim shocker"