Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hartley

Default Paul Hartley

Is it worth keeping him on for another year?

In my opinion, he'd be decent enough as back up, but his mind seems to move quicker than his body, he's attempting things he hasn't been able to pull off for a year or two (his turns). He does give 100% every game though, but he's just lost his legs.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: Paul Hartley

Depends on the new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post

In my opinion, he'd be decent enough as back up, but his mind seems to move quicker than his body, he's attempting things he hasn't been able to pull off for a year or two (his turns). He does give 100% every game though, but he's just lost his legs.
    even so as a sitting midfielder along with brown mcgeady and whoever will replace Naka if he decides to go is a good thing since they can bomb forward and i seee him as a good sitting midfielder.

I like him, but I have a feeling he will not be here next season sadly.

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

I'd keep him on for another year as back-up on a lower salary. Better to have a wise head in the changingroom who we know can do a job than bringing in a more expensive replacement that might not be any good.

He's past it in my opinion. Legs just aren't there anymore.

I think we will keep him

I'd punt him to "Dad's Army" over in Falkirk.

I hope we don't, lost the legs too much for me.

Please god no. A couple of years younger, maybe. Now? No thanks, past it, too slow and gives away the ball way too often. If we want to go forward, we need rid of these type of players. Get someone in with fresh legs, who will play more than 50% of the season.

He's past his best and probably also the mark of which he was good enough for Celtic.

Id maybe even play Donati ahead of him and the young guy Ferry and obviously Brown, Crosas and Robson so i'd let him go.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...rld-to-me.html

If he can live with being a bench player keep him else let him go where he could play / be in the starting XI

I'd keep him. But his legs are gone and his best days are probs behind him.

If we are serious are taking the title back from the vermin next year then we should look to invest in better players though...

But we haven't even been looking at the best managers so fuck knows what will happen ... :confused:

Unless the board are going to pleasantly surprise us this summer (you'd think at my age I'd have stopped believing in Santa Claus) and splash the cash then he is probably decent back up for another year. His legs seem to have gone though.

Unless he's prepared to play a bit part roll, i couldnt see how he'd fit into mowbary's plans if he ends up here

Quote Originally Posted by Batch_cfc View Post
    He's past his best and probably also the mark of which he was good enough for Celtic.

Id maybe even play Donati ahead of him and the young guy Ferry and obviously Brown, Crosas and Robson so i'd let him go.
    Thank god your not in the running for Celtic manager, play Donati ahead of Hartley aye ok....

Good experienced player to have around

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys Dont Cry View Post
    Please god no. A couple of years younger, maybe. Now? No thanks, past it, too slow and gives away the ball way too often. If we want to go forward, we need rid of these type of players. Get someone in with fresh legs, who will play more than 50% of the season.
    And who doesn't give the ball away ? we don't need to get rid of these sort of players they bring in lots of experience for the younger players someone to look up to maybe so only play 50% of the season but your guaranteed to get 110% from him when he is on the park.

Limited player whos best years were behind him when he came to us, would be glad to see the back of him.

Medicore at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Thank god your not in the running for Celtic manager, play Donati ahead of Hartley aye ok....

And who doesn't give the ball away ? we don't need to get rid of these sort of players they bring in lots of experience for the younger players someone to look up to maybe so only play 50% of the season but your guaranteed to get 110% from him when he is on the park.
    Effort means nothing without talent and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

im with ya Dan, and, Hartley played more than half a season, christ. Id be sad to see him leave, great player, and i think he still has more to offer

Came to the club when it was too late to play at his best for us so why keep him now when he,s well past it ?Time to go .

Hamilton maybe ?
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=46&dateline=125880819  1