Thread: Lawwell Whats your view

Default Lawwell Whats your view

Just wondering whats your views on our chief executive

For the last couple of years this guy has been hailed as some sort of messiah for the club, I have to admit until last Summer i held the same view
    During his tenure we've seen 3 in a row, last16 x2 and a reduction in the debt, these are no doubt great successes

But we have no doubt that we've seen a massive drop in quality in terms of the team which in my view is now so bad we were embaressing to watch in Europe and ive no doubt it'll be even worse next year.

As a result we've seen a massive drop in attendences and it doesnt look like that trend is going to stop next year.

I also think our ''New'' signing policy is a complete waste of time and another great piece of spin by the board, to me it's just an excuse not to pursue quality targets that'll obviously cost more money.

In theory our new signing policy of signing young talent bringing them here and hopefully turning them from potential to star is doomed to fail,
    For one our scouting system is absolutley atrocious as we've seen from all the duds we've signed we've signed the last couple of years.

Also the way were going now i cant see how the next xavi or Walcott would want to come to Celtic, with the way the co-efficient ranking for entry to the Champions League is going its obvious we'll find it extremely difficult to qualify for the CL. So thats one of our only selling points we have gone, we also dont have the tradition of producing young players compared to the likes of Ajax, Arsenal.

And finally the main point i think the proof is in the pudding McCourt,Mcginn,Mizuno,Flood,Hutch i cant see any of these developing into anything better than we have.

Sorry for being so negative im just really pissed off at the position we're in and believe it's completely self inflicted

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: Lawwell Whats your view

We have a new structure at the club, on which we have already spent considerable sums of money and, we are now about to throw at least another 7m at it - via phase II of Lennoxtown.
    And the greatest percentage of that money is being spent on new infrastructure for the youth set-up, with the remainder being spent on upgrading the current pitches.

In essence, we need the footballing people at the club(or at least the people who understand football and who have already put this new structure in place)to be making the decision as to which manager would be best suited(pardon the pun)to implement and enhance all this time, effort and expenditure to its fullest, and from top to bottom.

Pigheaded little fannies need not apply.

Peter Lawwell, John Park and the like, are left as helpless as the rest of us when a belligerent little cunt of a manager consistently fucks it up out on the only place that matters.
    And especially when the belligerent little cunt of a manager has the backing of that useless Baw bag Dermot desmond

For the record, neither Lawwell or Dr Death set the budgets at Celtic. Nor can Lawwell or Park make the belligerent little cunt of a manager see sense when the little cunt has gone off in yet another huff and keeps turning his nose up at a plethora of players that have been recommended to him by the people who are employed to do just that.

For the record, and as I was probably the first to bring this into the public domain, Lawwell has parachuted players in over Norman Colliers head. And while the merits of that can be debated till the cows come home, I can tell you that in some cases, Lawwell was left with no bloody choice; Keane was the brainchild of desmond, and Norman Collier was off in a another one of his huffs when TG was brought in by Lawwell.

If it had been left up to Norman Collier, we'd either have no fucking players, or even more championship and spl dross than we already have. Good team mates is an invention of one wee cunt and one wee cunt only!!

Deals have been almost done when wee cunto has thrown a hissy fit, and as we should all know by now(and Lawwell more than most - believe me!)wee cunto will either ostracise or simply not play what he has been given, even though he is one of THE worst managers ever at identifying who the fuck it is that he wants!

Ungracious little cunt with Keane, TG never had a hope in hell, Riordan? again an opportunity that wee cunto wilfully wasted, and for those who would say: "well what did Riordan do for us", here's a question for you: What the fuck was Riordan ALLOWED to do for us? What was he encouraged to do for us? Wee cunto didn't like him from the get-go.

Then we come to more recent events in the shape of Glen Loovens. Now here's the story, wee cunto didn't want any new centre halfs because he was too fucking busy being spit-roasted by Heid and Hoof - you know, that 25m pairing of world class centre backs

This little cunt has hurt Celtic in more ways than will ever come to light - mores the fucking pity!

2.5m spent on a player that wee cunto point-blank refused to play - even when Hoof was playing with only one leg!(I'd have said only playing with one good leg, but he doesn't fucking posses one!)

There are some people at our club who are trying to do their best, but they are being fucked in the ass at every turn by cunts who should never been allowed through the door in the first place

Fuck them both!

Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar

Fuckin hell some interesting pints there to say the least! My biggest problem with Lawwell is that he seems to be so determined to knock every penny he possibly can off players' transfer fees and wages, dragging it out long enough for every cunt including the player to lose interest.

Saying that, my problem seems a bit of a side issue reading through your post there hoopymo. How did you come across the information about Lawwell bringing in players against the will of Strachan? It would certainly explain the TG situation.

Basically word of mouth from the same people who told me about the 3rd kit having the tartan etc reliable sources about insides of the club, though it's best to make your own mins up about the situations!

Edit: it had also been mentioned by a few on other places so i assume it's pretty much common knowledge now.

To be fair if I were in Lawells position I would have done the same.

The huns were on their knees.
    One winning season on a tight budget and we would/will be laughing for the next 5 or 6! However it may have backfired which is the gamble you take, if it hadn't it would have been one of the best gambles in the history of the club.

Another point is he must of thought, like I did/do that the current squad although short of past standards would of been capable of beating that shower.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionsElect View Post
    To be fair if I were in Lawells position I would have done the same.

The huns were on their knees.
    One winning season on a tight budget and we would/will be laughing for the next 5 or 6! However it may have backfired which is the gamble you take, if it hadn't it would have been one of the best gambles in the history of the club.

Another point is he must of thought, like I did/do that the current squad although short of past standards would of been capable of beating that shower.
    Thing is Tommy G looked good, Riordan looked a good player when he got a game and loovens looks great.

Who's the etter talent spotter?

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Thing is Tommy G looked good, Riordan looked a good player when he got a game and loovens looks great.

Who's the etter talent spotter?
    I don't know actually. It wasn't until a few weeks ago I found out that Strachan has no input. They have different levels of scouts apparently and then they report to each other then Lawell etc and sign the people.

I think a signing like Naka is more down to Lawell, actually I know it is after reading his book. After a scout watched him Lawell took control.

Thing is strachan doesn't like not being the one to sign the best players so to speak, hence why he doesn't play good lawell signing's until forced too.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Thing is strachan doesn't like not being the one to sign the best players so to speak, hence why he doesn't play good lawell signing's until forced too.
    I always thought WGS and Lawell were bum buddys i was obviously wrong

I think Strachan has more input that you give him credit for, he talks about the Nakamura, Boruc and Zurawski transfers all in his book.

Fair enough mate it's all opinions here i just think he was recommended those players and accepted them.

He definitely mentions actively signing (sending scouts to watch them etc) those three at least in his autobiography though.

He is given a video of Naka from scouts and thats the first time he has had of him. He then wanted to sign him from that video alone and Lawell went into hours and hours of talks because of image rights etc.