Thread: Islam

Default Islam

Okay i know diegan said on the other forum about it; as i have just started this book again - No God But God - By raza aslan. its tough but im doing fine so far.

i was just wondering what your views on it, this book is mostly about letting you construct your views on islam and if their faith is based on peace or hatred. If anyone wants to hear my views so far i can edit them in but i was just wondering what do you feel about it?

lads lets try and keep it sensible in here, so no racist comments.
    Last edited by Prolific-Speaker; 30-05-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: can someone move this? wrong section by mistake

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: Islam

Moved by request

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

haven't read the book but i think its a generally misunderstood religion. like christianity its taken and warped by people to suit they're own purposes
    http://i44.tinypic.com/121py55.png%5B/IMG%5D

Religion itself is a load of shite, look at every religion, take the common principles they all share, be a good person etc, and follow them without all the excess baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    haven't read the book but i think its a generally misunderstood religion. like christianity its taken and warped by people to suit they're own purposes
    ye i mean islam in general, their is a prologue or w.e you call it, which he gives a real life explanation on why muslims get angry at christians coming over

in brief; a christian organisation handing out christian bibles in a prodomenantly strict muslim area.

seems to me the organisation was either looking for deaths or just plain stupid

and yes i think prodomenantly is spelt wrong their

Whats the main traits of Islam then?

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Religion itself is a load of shite, look at every religion, take the common principles they all share, be a good person etc, and follow them without all the excess baggage.
    i would agree with that bar a few philosiphical religions which i cant remember their names..sorry thats awful of me

absolutely, but islam in general is misunderstood by the west, due to general ignirance. its actually a very peaceful religion construed by people in power to allow them to degrade women or acct like barbarians

absolutely, but islam in general is misunderstood by the west, due to general ignirance. its actually a very peaceful religion construed by people in power to allow them to degrade women or acct like barbarians
    Oh definitely, see people here just look at the extremists mainly, like people over there will just see Christian extremists like ken hamm.

Basically it's judging the religion by the idiots who think they are representing the general attitude and beliefs, when it's just their retarded interpretation of them.

i remember getting the koran after 9/11 to see what it was all about and i was quite shocked tbh, wasn't what i expected at all. i was expecting a whole book of revelations type nonsense but its really not like that. i must say i prefer the bible though, more interesting allegories, if somewhat childlike

My lack of knowledge on religions such as this is laughable, anyone give me a quick summary of Islam ?

cant really be put in a soundbite CE. first paragraph here is a decent outline of the basics
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

cant really be put in a soundbite CE. first paragraph here is a decent outline of the basics
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam
    Cheers. Helps a bit lol.

from what i read is, the guy was on the train and he is seeing this anti muslim behaviour by promoting christian beliefes; he brings up a good point imo

and so does clagan; the west view muslims as the "extreme, radiclal reigion" where as christianaity is the more civilised modern one, but is it realy?

though imo politicians use muslims as a scape goat they dont want to admit that they are getting bombed for a reason! like the ireland conflict, a good example was bbc released this version on the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2cQw6bOaOI

where as the real uncut version was :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6or...eature=related

that was a news version a good version of politicians with the eu and the whole bad translation of zionism and israel