Thread: The ideology of swearing

Default The ideology of swearing

after being completely tired with the dogs and their hyperness i started messing around and looking at this qoute by bertnard russel (again i know)

The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.

Now lately i have started swearing an awful lot and it pissed me off to high heaven, but I have now came to the conclusion that their is nothing wrong with it, i have cut it down drasticly but i wont stop. - after looking at that qoute i have decided to have a go -

okay so the ideology of swearing seems quite simple; the fact that mothers and snobs? shall we say, all believe it is a negative word with negative conitations, but is it realy? lets take bastard for example, the definition being a son or daughter given birth while the mum is not married. i.e. a bastard child; now i dont see this being such a bad word for a child ears?

the most ironic thing being; we put on the news and are told to encourage children to watch it. now this is filled with sad sad stories, we constantly tell children to fear terrorism and that the islamic extremists are bad. I for me cannot understand how people frown apon one word with no real threatning or bad meaning, compared to one with such a history, it only reminds you of death.

going even further why were these words banned in the first place? now when i say banned; im sure i wisnt the only one to be told off or put to the corner for swearing in primary school. Yet... some other kid can glorify what he heard in the news last night which will have very negative effects on a childs mind.

any views or am i just stating the obvious or being realy stupid

Default Re: The ideology of swearing

Swear words are a great form of expression as far as im concerned! Cannae beat a good fucking curse!
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

fuck yeah. they tend to be words we use when we cant find more applicable words to express how we're feeling, "horny as fuck" what does that actually mean ffs? you should say i'm horny as clagan in a catholic schoolgirls dormitary. wooooooof, clagan has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    fuck yeah. they tend to be words we use when we cant find more applicable words to express how we're feeling, "horny as fuck" what does that actually mean ffs? you should say i'm horny as clagan in a catholic schoolgirls dormitary. wooooooof, clagan has spoken
    exactly words we use with no meaning are frowned apon yet ones with so much misery are promoted. theirs no logic.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

If gfdsa was a swear word i'd probably say it a lot.

Swear words hepl to express anger, anger is a gift

The Bourgeoisie of a bygone era are responsible for this. It has been considered impolite to swear ever since they passed their fucked up values onto the rest of society - which is also evidence of how much influence and power they had. These refinements endure even to this day, similar to other such miscellaneous pish as not publicly announcing your farts or slurping your soup.

The point of not swearing is to show that you can exercise control and restraint, and demonstrate a measure of refinement - all of them things that mattered to the controlling elites back in the day. Cunts.

Life would be pretty dull without them tbh. Can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t beat the word FUCK, just about expresses every feeling possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcCzj_yRtk