Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 96

Thread: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

  1. #1
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Just here listening to some Bik McFarlanae and Gary Og, thinking about how much ingrained the emotions of these songs are into my blood. I sing them just like my brother has and my da, and his da before him. I don't even thnik of it as a politcal choice, it's just the way i am.

    Was singing the songs with a few of the lads one night a few weeks back, and my girl (who is fucking ace in every way) got a bit off and told me she disagreed with the songs. I said what you mean? And she told me she cant stand the glorification of murder etc (say hello to the provos etc). I explained my views to her and i got hers, so told her i wouldnt sing the songs infront of her anymore because shes sensitive abotu it. So i havent. But then the other night after the murder of Kevin McDaid (RIP) i drunkenly started talking about how i wish the provos could sort thesde scum out. So there was tension - shes a total pacifist, peace chick etc etc. And to an extent so am i but id happy to take to arms like my grandfather did to fight for my people. Anyways i'm rambling now.

    Do you guys republican views cause any tension with those close to yuo?
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

  2. #2
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    aye my granda on my mums side is a provo but the other side arent and i rem my other granda cracking up at me for joining ogra shinn fein

  3. #3
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Just here listening to some Bik McFarlanae and Gary Og, thinking about how much ingrained the emotions of these songs are into my blood. I sing them just like my brother has and my da, and his da before him. I don't even thnik of it as a politcal choice, it's just the way i am.

    Was singing the songs with a few of the lads one night a few weeks back, and my girl (who is fucking ace in every way) got a bit off and told me she disagreed with the songs. I said what you mean? And she told me she cant stand the glorification of murder etc (say hello to the provos etc). I explained my views to her and i got hers, so told her i wouldnt sing the songs infront of her anymore because shes sensitive abotu it. So i havent. But then the other night after the murder of Kevin McDaid (RIP) i drunkenly started talking about how i wish the provos could sort thesde scum out. So there was tension - shes a total pacifist, peace chick etc etc. And to an extent so am i but id happy to take to arms like my grandfather did to fight for my people. Anyways i'm rambling now.

    Do you guys republican views cause any tension with those close to yuo?
    I tend to surround myself with people who have the same views as myself, saying that my burd is a protestant from belfast and knows exactly what i am and what my views are, theres been a few times where we have had disagreements on certain things but life is too short, i take people as i find them regardless of what they are. But i wont sacrifice my beliefs for anyone, and i mean ANYONE.

  4. #4
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    I don't share my views with those close to me, it doesn't really matter whether they know how I feel about things or not. Just me though, I know.

    Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.



  5. #5
    Vodhiskey Cokozade Nicola1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    16.1 miles from paradise ;)

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    ma mams side are huns

    they dont like my phone going off in the house sing up the ra they shld join in fs

    in ma house they ar plaed nice n loud

  6. #6
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash67 View Post
    I don't share my views with those close to me, it doesn't really matter whether they know how I feel about things or not. Just me though, I know.
    Not even if thats the line of dicscussion mate? Do you hide them or just not be extrovert with them?

  7. #7
    Max says Moo bobm1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    from armagh..now in down

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Yes but not my wife she understands.

  8. #8
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    My family are republican but not exactly militant. They agree with my politics in principal but not always the methods I endorse. This applies to the Basque, Palestine etc not just Norn Iron. Mind you they were living in London during the Campaign and were nearly caught in a few blasts.

  9. #9
    Outside The Box Cash67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash67 View Post
    I don't share my views with those close to me, it doesn't really matter whether they know how I feel about things or not. Just me though, I know.
    Not even if thats the line of dicscussion mate? Do you hide them or just not be extrovert with them?
    I wouldn't hide them no, my mates are fine the same as me but my Dad and that's not interested in anything really, we never talk politics or current affairs and he's not into the football either, plus I only see them once every six months for a couple of hours then I fuck off home again.

  10. #10
    Bhoy's Hero Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    My granny is really opposed to Republicanism, absolutely hates Sinn Fein but I'd never really be speaking to her about stuff like that so it has never been an issue.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    kinda the same with euskal, but ill be dammed the day my parents dont join in when i sing.. sadly i live in a loyalist area .. so nae much rebel support here. but the tri colour and palestine flag are held out my window when we do well etc.. theirs no one i need to hide my views for. i dont like being judged but it wont stop what i do.

    i wouldnt say with the ones close to me, my family are realy proud of me getting into this. but teachers condemm it and so do the rest of my school. I wouldnt care aslong as they were sensible but when people compare the death of a soldier to the death of a football fan, i let all loose and ill be singing the rebels in the halls.


  12. #12
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Moved because i feel it's a serious thread that is better suited to the gentleman's lounge

  13. #13

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    No not really, my dads side of the family are republican and my mums side dont really bother about that stuff so theres no issues there. Most of my friends although they might not agree with what i believe they try to understand and when they dont i'll explain why i feel the way i do but theres never any tension there because with the majority of them the subject rarely comes up.
    Last edited by eireann88; 30-05-2009 at 12:34 PM.

  14. #14
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    my family dont mind me being republican except when i bring dead huns home and leave them at the back door

  15. #15
    Plastic Scot Buzzbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    my family dont mind me being republican except when i bring dead huns home and leave them at the back door
    Because they smell

  16. #16
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbhoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    my family dont mind me being republican except when i bring dead huns home and leave them at the back door
    Because they smell
    who my family? you want some eh? slaging my family, eh? come on big bhoy, lets be having you?

    oh sorry you mean the huns, fair point
    http://i44.tinypic.com/121py55.png%5B/IMG%5D

  17. #17
    Celtic Boys Club ankeaglemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kinnegad

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    My views are really not as extreme as some peoples on republicanism as I'm a fianna fáiler so I don't really get much hassle as its fair to say were a bit more pacifist then the provos or the shinners but still committed to the cause then others in the party.Oh and bein from the south were all republican makes it easier
    Last edited by ankeaglemor; 30-05-2009 at 04:42 PM.

  18. #18
    Strange Times green_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Scotland

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Just here listening to some Bik McFarlanae and Gary Og, thinking about how much ingrained the emotions of these songs are into my blood. I sing them just like my brother has and my da, and his da before him. I don't even thnik of it as a politcal choice, it's just the way i am.

    Was singing the songs with a few of the lads one night a few weeks back, and my girl (who is fucking ace in every way) got a bit off and told me she disagreed with the songs. I said what you mean? And she told me she cant stand the glorification of murder etc (say hello to the provos etc). I explained my views to her and i got hers, so told her i wouldnt sing the songs infront of her anymore because shes sensitive abotu it. So i havent. But then the other night after the murder of Kevin McDaid (RIP) i drunkenly started talking about how i wish the provos could sort thesde scum out. So there was tension - shes a total pacifist, peace chick etc etc. And to an extent so am i but id happy to take to arms like my grandfather did to fight for my people. Anyways i'm rambling now.

    Do you guys republican views cause any tension with those close to yuo?
    My missus cant stand it mate, any of it, shes not anti Irish or anything, and shes a Celtic supporter, but she's never hidden the fact that she cant stand my bitterness towards those scumbags, and she gets out her pram when I'm belting out the rebs.

    Just there the now, my neighbours came back from the Scottish cup final, and they're out the back, singing FTP and B*lly B*ys, and I'm fucking raging, and she's having at go at ME!!!

    Somebodies getting it tonight, and it'll probably be me, I dont know if I can keep my mouth shut.
    "Celtic is important to me in as much as it's one of the only constants in my life over the years. I have changed and become various things but it is the one constant. Religion, friendships have come and gone, likes and dislikes have come and gone, but Celtic has remained." - Billy Connolly

  19. #19
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by ankeaglemor View Post
    were a bit more pacifist then the provos or the shinners but still committed to the cause then others in the party.Oh and bein from the south were all republican makes it easier
    bollocks! fianna fail forgot about a united ireland years ago

  20. #20

    Default Re: Do your Nationalist beliefs cause any trouble with people your close to?

    Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ankeaglemor View Post
    were a bit more pacifist then the provos or the shinners but still committed to the cause then others in the party.Oh and bein from the south were all republican makes it easier
    bollocks! fianna fail forgot about a united ireland years ago
    that

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •