Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for your opinions

Default Looking for your opinions

Hi everyone.

As some of you may know I work in television and for the last few months I've been mulling over some ideas for Celtic TV/Setanta. So a friend and I sat down and came up with some ideas for programmes. So I then bit the bullet and called the producer at Setanta and was able to talk my way in to a meeting with him the week after next, once the season is over.

So what I am asking is if any of you have suggestions for Celtic TV or Setanta programming. I'm open to anything because I'd like to go in there with lots and lots of suggestion so as to make the guy think we've something to offer.

So feel free to post any ideas in here, thanks.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: Looking for your opinions

This is fantastic news.

I think they need to make the shows feel less stiff, it feels like the presenters are frozen and awkward, it needs to be more enthusiatic if you know what i mean.

Well done mate....when i put the wee lad to bed ill be having a few beers and will get my thinking cap on.

First thing that springs to mind is a fans q&a with either present or past players,a live audience or a proper phone in,not that real radio,a phone in with players.

Ill make more sense with beer.
    Last edited by bobm1967; 20-05-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    This is fantastic news.

I think they need to make the shows feel less stiff, it feels like the presenters are frozen and awkward, it needs to be more enthusiatic if you know what i mean.
    I don't think I can go in there and tell them their presenters are shit. I am not sure that would get me off on the right foot.

Haha fair enough mate.

I love bob's idea of something thats interactive with the fans

Quote Originally Posted by bobm1967 View Post
    Well done mate....when i put the wee lad to bed ill be having a few beers and will get my thinking cap on.

First thing that springs to mind is a fans q&a with either present or past players,a live audience or a proper phone in,not that real radio,a phone in with players.

Ill make more sense with beer.
    Excellent idea. This is the type of thing I'm after. Nice one.

'Thing Inside So Strong Ryan 67's Avatar

Less repeats on Celtic TV, maybe ? Always seems to be the same thing on all the time.

"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause"

God Bless Mr Celtic

It would be pretty cool if they had something that was like an old game on with past players going over how they felt etc.

Like for example john collins going over how he felt what the atmposphere was like etc when he hit that free kick against Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan 67 View Post
    Less repeats on Celtic TV, maybe ? Always seems to be the same thing on all the time.
    Ok but I'm looking for suggestions for what to show instead of repeats. I can't go in there lads and be critical, I'm trying to win the guy over.

'Thing Inside So Strong Ryan 67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Ok but I'm looking for suggestions for what to show instead of repeats. I can't go in there lads and be critical, I'm trying to win the guy over.
    Ah right mate, got ya

Maybe introduce a similar thing to Sky Sports and have fans giving their take on the game and commentating. Like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCM5PoVLwqE

Would probably be better option than Booth tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hi everyone.

As some of you may know I work in television and for the last few months I've been mulling over some ideas for Celtic TV/Setanta. So a friend and I sat down and came up with some ideas for programmes. So I then bit the bullet and called the producer at Setanta and was able to talk my way in to a meeting with him the week after next, once the season is over.

So what I am asking is if any of you have suggestions for Celtic TV or Setanta programming. I'm open to anything because I'd like to go in there with lots and lots of suggestion so as to make the guy think we've something to offer.

So feel free to post any ideas in here, thanks.
    I don't know if you've seen Cribs on MTV, but having a Celtic player giving us a tour of his house/cars would be something I'd watch.

Or a show where every week it focuses on a different Former celtic player who Gives an interview about their best moments with celtic.

Keep them coming guys, I like it.

This may sound a bit dull, but if they televise the PLC meeting so fans can get a better financial view of the club?

Another idea..........put it to them that for Celtic tv they could start filming Celtic fans away days...ie film our support when we travel,like the wembley cup,down to cardiff,seville(peace cup if we go),our european away games,i think that would be a hit amoung fans and would be very enjoyable.

more documentries about our history

Really good stuff Martin.

Maybe a "Where are they now" segment. 15 or 30 minutes going over a players time with us and interviewing him, seeing what they're up to nowadays and just generally their opinions on Celtic.

Also, some people would complain CelticTv is too formal if you get where I'm coming from. Maybe have segments of Celtic players doing things along the same lines as the crossbar challenge and stuff. Always makes for entertaining watching.

Maybe also an hour long program, different theme each week. One week maybe, "50 best goals against Zombies", the next week maybe "50 best goals in Europe", "25 best Celtic play makers" etc.
    Would also be another entertaining program imo.

Good luck Martin, hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by bobm1967 View Post
    Another idea..........put it to them that for Celtic tv they could start filming Celtic fans away days...ie film our support when we travel,like the wembley cup,down to cardiff,seville(peace cup if we go),our european away games,i think that would be a hit amoung fans and would be very enjoyable.
    I think that sounds good but id do it before a big game show what the fans go through before the game, nerves pre-match rituals,

I think the presenters should get of the fence sometimes, I dont think I've heard one of them criticise WGS or Watty once when really sometimes some of the decisions they make are laughable

a documentry on Fergus McCann about his time at the club and after,

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

darren o dea comedy hour. just o dea and a camera. the fella has me in stitches sometimes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast