Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Britain Football Team

Default Great Britain Football Team

Default Re: Great Britain Football Team

So more or less English olympic football team

Meh, whatever. Just give them it.

Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cash67 View Post
    Meh, whatever. Just give them it.
    eaxcetly. how many non english players would get in anyway?

So essentially it'll be 11 English players on the starting XI with a Welshmen, Irishmen and Scot on the bench along 4 or so other English players?

Stupid idea.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Gordon or McGregor in goals
    Brown or Fletcher would get the odd game in midfield.

Can't really think of anyone else. Had it been 3 years ago then Giggs and maybe Barry Fergus-hun would have got games.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskal Herria View Post
    Gordon or McGregor in goals
    Brown or Fletcher would get the odd game in midfield.

Can't really think of anyone else. Had it been 3 years ago then Giggs and maybe Barry Fergus-hun would have got games.
    you have to 23 or under in 2012 and your only allowed 3 players over that age though

Oh yeah, forgot it was the Olympics.

Surely the likes of Gareth Bale, that Ramsey lad at Arsenal, Fleck etc would see games?

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Joe ledley too.

dont know. that england under 21 squad i saw yesterday was very strong. pretty much all with good premier clubs. tfleck etc would have a chance though but fuck it let the english run with it, they're the only ones who want it anyway

Will there be wider repercussions do you think? First step toward a British league anyone?

no british league. i think this is a one off and thats that. its like british paranoia at joining the euro, they think its a slippery slope to completely losing your identity

Honestly couldn't give a fuck.

I wouldn't mind seeing a British league mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    no british league. i think this is a one off and thats that. its like british paranoia at joining the euro, they think its a slippery slope to completely losing your identity
    Funny isn't it? What is a "British Identity"? Most British people are ashamed of many of the things you'd associate with Britain (arguably rightfully so). Their "culture" is based on raping other cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskal Herria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    Funny isn't it? What is a "British Identity"? Most British people are ashamed of many of the things you'd associate with Britain (arguably rightfully so). Their "culture" is based on raping other cultures.
    indeed, modern british culture is based on people from their colonies who emigrated, immigration is the best thing to happen to england. not that you'd know it from their attitude to immigrants

I wont be supporting this team no matter what.

not meaning any offence,but i think its a disgrace that britain gets to enter four "national" teams in competition.

regions of germany or spain say,have as much right as regions of the u.k to enter teams seperatley.four teams from one country is an anachronism that shouldn't have to be tolerated by newer members of f.i.f.a.

how can it be fair that countries twice britains size get one vote at executive council meetings yet britain gets four.its not on and its only right that f.i.f.a move to do something about

if you want an independent national team,get an independent country

Quote Originally Posted by caoimhin View Post
    not meaning any offence,but i think its a disgrace that britain gets to enter four "national" teams in competition.

regions of germany or spain say,have as much right as regions of the u.k to enter teams seperatley.four teams from one country is an anachronism that shouldn't have to be tolerated by newer members of f.i.f.a.

how can it be fair that countries twice britains size get one vote at executive council meetings yet britain gets four.its not on and its only right that f.i.f.a move to do something about

Scotland and england can argue the point that they were the first two national teams and effectively began organised international football on their own
    I'm raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust. Any donations would be really sound and much appreciated!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulregan93

As extreme as it may sound, they are all very fair points IMO.

If I had to chose between being part of the United Kingdom but losing the Scottish National team, or having a Scottish National team and Scotland being an Independent national. I would pick the first, remaining part of the UK. Ofcourse all hypothetical as we will never need to make such a choise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brightside View Post

Scotland and england can argue the point that they were the first two national teams and effectively began organised international football on their own
    true,but it was the french who took the lead with f.i.f.a was it not

and these days ,with so many nations as members ,its unfair in the extreme for britain to have a de facto voting bloc of 4 while others with one have to suffer adverse decisions