Thread: Would you have done an Owen Coyle?

Default Would you have done an Owen Coyle?

Your boyhood heroes offer you the chance of a lifetime
    A chance you may never get again and your torn between them and the premiership. What would you have done?
    If Owen Coyle was actually offered the job and said no I really can't see why
    Everyone's saying he has the chance to go to the Emirates and Old Trafford
    but the fact is they'll probably get gubbed 4-0 in these games

Put in his shoes I would have to say I would have joined Celtic and stuff the premiership for a chance to work at the club I supported all my life with a possible chance of getting into the best cup in the world, the Champions League

what would you have done if you were owen coyle?
    "Football without the fans is nothing"
    "Celtic Football Club is the fans, without them there is no club."

WE'VE WON THE LEAGUE AGAIN.. FLY THE FLAG, FLY THE FLAG!

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

Default Re: Would you have done an Owen Coyle?

yes. i appreciate he's worked his balls off to get them there but its celtic. dont hink he'll come though, seems eager to learn and he will big time in the EPL, win, lose or draw. i read he couldn't wait to talk to all the top amanagers ftaer matches during their cup run. he'll learn a lot and come to celtic a better manager in the future

Pretty obvious what I would of done tbh, what the rest of you would of done!

I really can't see Burnley staying in the Premiership, unless they do a stoke or something.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

I'd go for the premiership tbh, mainly to prove to myself i could keep them up

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    I'd go for the premiership tbh, mainly to prove to myself i could keep them up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk9JwV8sZTs

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedACelt View Post
    A chance you may never get again and your torn between them and the premiership. What would you have done?

Put in his shoes I would have to say I would have joined Celtic and stuff the premiership for a chance to work at the club I supported all my life with a possible chance of getting into the best cup in the world, the Champions League

I find it mind boggling that someone would rather manage Burnley than Celtic. Let alone someone who has an affinity for the club like him. This just proves how big the pull of the EPL is, pretty depressing really. The downsizing that we have witness over the last years is very hard to take.

We have went from being a respected European outfit, to a medicore team filled with mediocre SPL players. Second to a diabolical hun outfit filled with hun hammer throwers. If we had spent instead of just buying Willo Flood, the league was ours, we didn't and it wasn't.

The Board failed us

Suppose in a way im glad he told the board to fuck off, in the futile hope that it will give them a much needed reality check. Investment is badly needed, and its important the new manager is given the funds to do his job properly, we are the wealthiest club in Scotland, but balance sheets mean fuck all if the money is not used to our advantage.

Spend big in the summer and lets bury those hun fucks.
    Last edited by Ghod; 29-05-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedACelt View Post

I find it mind boggling that someone would rather manage Burnley than Celtic. Let alone someone who has an affinity for the club like him. This just proves how big the pull of the EPL is, pretty depressing really. The downsizing that we have witness over the last years is very hard to take.

We have went from being a respected European outfit, to a medicore team filled with mediocre SPL players. Second to a diabolical hun outfit filled with hun hammer throwers. If we had spent instead of just buying Willo Flood, the league was ours, we didn't and it wasn't.

The Board failed us

Suppose in a way im glad he told the board to fuck off, in the futile hope that it will give them a much needed reality check. Investment is badly needed, and its important the new manager is given the funds to do his job properly, we are the wealthiest club in Scotland, but balance sheets mean fuck all if the money is not used to our advantage.

Spend big in the summer and lets bury those hun fucks.
    Hope your right mate, this might just be what the board need.

Celtic with no more than a seconds thought. All other clubs in all other leagues can only come in second.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

He never said in his interview that he wouldn't be Celtic manager. I'm not sure this is over yet.

has he rejected us?

Burnly.

He just brought them up, with the season they've just had he will obviously have a close affection to that club now. And by gosh would he be stupid not to try his hand at the epl.

He stays at burnly, does alright, and when the next Celtic vacancy arises he can apply for it and be accepted with more experience.
    At the time he doesn't have all that much, so if he came now and doesn't make the impact that he/we want, then he could be set for life as an spl manager, and never get the chance to manage in the epl.

To me if he stays with burnly for his last two years, he'll get more experience and will be able to fullfill two ambitions. If he comes here now, he could fail and only half fill one ambition.

celtic all the way...i mean if he goes premiership what is the chance of him being offered celtic job in the future if he has a shite season?

Celtic should have made it too good to turn down in the first place.

However, when you have worked a team up to the richest league in the world and have the chance to mix it with the big boys you won't leave easily.

I would of went to Celtic, but I can see why Coyle didn't/wont.

I think he has a lot to lose by taking the job,

He'd be a leaving a team that he's built, no pressure next year for him and it's a team he built and will contiue to want to build also he's young and will gain vital experience.

Whereas he'll be stepping into a team that needs to be rebuilt and no money to spend and he'll probaly have no power over who comes in

Look at Mogga championship has to cut the wage bill but it's still more appealing than us, the money the new manager will have to spend is from player sales, more pressure,more hassle,less power

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbhoy View Post
    I think he has a lot to lose by taking the job,

He'd be a leaving a team that he's built, no pressure next year for him and it's a team he built and will contiue to want to build also he's young and will gain vital experience.

Whereas he'll be stepping into a team that needs to be rebuilt and no money to spend and he'll probaly have no power over who comes in
    spot on post. i was shocked when i even heard he was considering it tbh. hopefully get him here in a few years time when he is experienced
    http://i44.tinypic.com/121py55.png%5B/IMG%5D

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Pity it's not "an owen coyle" now because he rejected us for valid reasons.

I couldnt turn down Celtic, if i was to be a professional footballer my main ambition would be to play for and manage Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM09 View Post
    I couldnt turn down Celtic, if i was to be a professional footballer my main ambition would be to play for and manage Celtic.
    what if you realised you werent good enough and would be better going and getting experience elsewhere then coming to the hoops when youre ready?