View Poll Results: Will they get it right

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 20.00%
  • No

    16 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Do you reckon the board will get it right

  1. #1
    Plastic Scot Buzzbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare

    Default Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I think its fair to say the vast majority of fans would be happy with either Bilic,Mowbary or Coyle and we wouldnt be happy with someone like McGhee.

    I've a bad feeling the board all ready know exactly who they want, another hand puppet, its the same feeling i had in the Summer when the huns crashed out of Europe and when a lot of us feared the biscuit tin would be put back in the cupboard.

    Its paranoid i know but we're talking about the masters of spin

  2. #2
    Celtic Legend RaisedACelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Glasgow, United Kingdom

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    No
    I doubt they'll appoint Bilic and go for the cheap option e.g. Levein, McGhee
    I doubt they'll offer the manager much money to spend
    hope I'm wrong though
    "Football without the fans is nothing"
    "Celtic Football Club is the fans, without them there is no club."

    WE'VE WON THE LEAGUE AGAIN.. FLY THE FLAG, FLY THE FLAG!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I hope it but letīs be patient and trust the board. I hope they make the right choice because we need a change. get rid of a few players, etc

  4. #4
    Plastic Scot Buzzbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedACelt View Post
    No
    I doubt they'll appoint Bilic and go for the cheap option e.g. Levein, McGhee
    I doubt they'll offer the manager much money to spend
    hope I'm wrong though
    When was the last time the board made the fans happy, they have been consistently letting us down and dont see that changing

  5. #5
    Squirrel!!! angiebowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ayrshire

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    No, they wont, they will do what is best for them and there roy cropper style tapestry purse, I dont trust them ,I only hope they will make the right decision.


    Cheers Cashy!!!

  6. #6
    oh fuck yer crown alsybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    i live in grangemouth ,but im from bo`ness

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    all i can say is ! they bloody well better?
    god will have the final say,when your day of judgment comes!

  7. #7
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    Nope, they won't get it right. I don't think so anyway.



  8. #8
    Bhoy's Hero Shakethebarley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I hope so. Hopefully their taking their time...

    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...352915,00.html

  9. #9
    Celtic Legend metrobhoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I was told today that they interviewed Laslo after the Hearts game.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    Quote Originally Posted by metrobhoy2 View Post
    I was told today that they interviewed Laslo after the Hearts game.
    It wouldn't surprise me mate. You could argue that he's done a better job than Levein, and in difficult circumstances given that he's working for Mad Vlad.

    Very interesting.

  11. #11
    The '59 Sound Mr Brightside's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I hope so but I think they will inevitably let us down again
    I'm raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust. Any donations would be really sound and much appreciated!

    http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulregan93


  12. #12
    Celtic Legend metrobhoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metrobhoy2 View Post
    I was told today that they interviewed Laslo after the Hearts game.
    It wouldn't surprise me mate. You could argue that he's done a better job than Levein, and in difficult circumstances given that he's working for Mad Vlad.

    Very interesting.
    Yeh, he had a good season but I don't think the fans would take to his formation unless this season was a one off having little choice up front with Hearts.

    Something tells me that Levein would be a better choice.

  13. #13
    mon the fish Fancy Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up the road

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I don,t have much faith in them tbh.If they do fuck it up and land us a diddy I,m afraid it could be the beginning of bad times .So lets hope they see that and don,t fuck it up .
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=46&dateline=125880819  1

  14. #14
    Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cumbernauld

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    Am goanny stick my neck out and say yes. They are obviously aware that we will not be happy with just any old manager that will play their game, going with the references to the fans Reid made. If it was a case of getting someone in that's not goanny demand money off them they would have went with McGhee by now i think.

    'IF YOU GET TIRED, OF JUST HANGIN AROUND
    PICK UP A GUITAR, AND SPIN A WEB OF SOUND'

  15. #15
    Celtic Legend metrobhoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I was listening to Real Radio tonight and Roughie reckons they'll go for a "Celtic Minded" manager this time and I can see why after the stick WGS got. He was thinking Mowbray.

    As long as it's not Roy Aitken or some guy with no experience.

  16. #16
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    No, of course they wont. I'll be bloody pissed of if they fuck us over this time.



  17. #17
    Banned CE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow!

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    No, they are making a sham of our club.

  18. #18
    Celtic Legend Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Shetland

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    I hate when people say that strachan got stick for not being Celtic minded. That wasn't it at all. He got stick for the boring tactics he played, the zonal marking that was clearly not working, for constantly over looking the need for a proliic striker, and never fixing the left back position. He was critised for his inept ability in the transfer Market.

    Not because he wasn't Celtic minded.



    And no I don't think they'll get it right. The way forward is a young ambitious European manager who can make us play good football.

    Scottish managers aren't generally thy great, hence look at our league and how shit it is with average managers. And you know fine well that's what we'll get.
    Mcghee, done fuck all
    Levien, has proven he can keep an spl team at mid table, but given the big time fucks it up.
    Mowbary, just got his team relegated, and hasn't proven any level of good consistency.
    Coyle, promising but again lacks major experience dealing with big teams and players.
    Bilic, has shown he is more than capable at international level, but still to be tested at club level.


    Out of these guys I'd take bilic. Just look at the job laszlo has done! And bilic may very well be the cheaper option. He won't demand a high pay cheque, knowing this is his first club experiece, and will be happy with even a ten million budget. He'll find you talent for that, and still brig change home.

    But the board won't take the bilic option, because that's what we want.

  19. #19
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    I hate when people say that strachan got stick for not being Celtic minded. That wasn't it at all. He got stick for the boring tactics he played, the zonal marking that was clearly not working, for constantly over looking the need for a proliic striker, and never fixing the left back position. He was critised for his inept ability in the transfer Market.

    Not because he wasn't Celtic minded.



    And no I don't think they'll get it right. The way forward is a young ambitious European manager who can make us play good football.

    Scottish managers aren't generally thy great, hence look at our league and how shit it is with average managers. And you know fine well that's what we'll get.
    Mcghee, done fuck all
    Levien, has proven he can keep an spl team at mid table, but given the big time fucks it up.
    Mowbary, just got his team relegated, and hasn't proven any level of good consistency.
    Coyle, promising but again lacks major experience dealing with big teams and players.
    Bilic, has shown he is more than capable at international level, but still to be tested at club level.


    Out of these guys I'd take bilic. Just look at the job laszlo has done! And bilic may very well be the cheaper option. He won't demand a high pay cheque, knowing this is his first club experiece, and will be happy with even a ten million budget. He'll find you talent for that, and still brig change home.

    But the board won't take the bilic option, because that's what we want.
    Good post

    Sums things up nicely

    Bilic would take this league by storm.

  20. #20
    Celtic Legend metrobhoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Do you reckon the board will get it right

    One by one the contenders are falling off the list!

    http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/...357688,00.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •