Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

  1. #1
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Ross McCormack says he would be tempted by a move to Celtic but that a switch to the English Premier League would be more difficult to turn down.

    The former Zombies and Motherwell player is attracting interest from a number of clubs after finishing the season as Cardiff's top scorer.

    He said: "I've got a soft spot for Celtic. I supported them as a kid.

    "Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to play in the Premiership. If I get the chance, it'll be hard to turn down."

    The 22-year-old, who has three Scotland caps, scored his first international goal against Iceland in April and netted 23 times in his maiden season with Cardiff as they missed out on a play-off place on goal difference.

    Ross McCormack says he would be tempted by a move to Celtic but that a switch to the English Premier League would be more difficult to turn down.

    The former Zombies and Motherwell player is attracting interest from a number of clubs after finishing the season as Cardiff's top scorer.

    He said: "I've got a soft spot for Celtic. I supported them as a kid.

    "Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to play in the Premiership. If I get the chance, it'll be hard to turn down."

    The 22-year-old, who has three Scotland caps, scored his first international goal against Iceland in April and netted 23 times in his maiden season with Cardiff as they missed out on a play-off place on goal difference.

    McCormack 'flattered' by 6m price tag

    "I don't think I'm over the disappointment," he told BBC Scotland.

    "It's hard being told that you missed out on the play-offs by one goal, especially for me personally - I missed two penalties in the last four games and if I had scored one of them, we would've been in the play-offs.

    "Right now, I'm happy where I am at Cardiff and I'm enjoying my football."

    6m you can get tae fuck.



  2. #2
    Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cumbernauld

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Unbelievable the figures getting thrown about these days man, i'd love to sign that bhoy think he's a cracking wee player but 6m? Come on tae fuck
    Last edited by Squire; 28-05-2009 at 09:19 AM.

    'IF YOU GET TIRED, OF JUST HANGIN AROUND
    PICK UP A GUITAR, AND SPIN A WEB OF SOUND'

  3. #3
    yacuntchafuk SouthDChoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Derry

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    if they pay 6m for him then they can open their checkbooks for a few goodplayers, Celtic's board are really taking the piss these days.


    Another page set up by a group calling themselves the "Killowen Young Republicans" promises to "protect the Republican communities from the PSNI, hoods and most of all loyalists." The group's photo album contains numerous images of youths in balaclavas posing with a range of republican flags as well as a handguns and automatic weapons.

  4. #4
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    6m 8 or 9 years ago bought us proven EPL strikers, now it buys us proven Championship strikers, and we still afford that. Welcome to the real world of our finances.

  5. #5
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    When was the last time we spent 6m of a player?

    Sutton?

  6. #6
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    should have signed him for 250,000 when we had the chance

  7. #7
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys Dont Cry View Post
    When was the last time we spent 6m of a player?

    Sutton?
    Lennon i think and our biggest since then was Brown.

  8. #8
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    lenny cost 5.75 million

  9. #9
    'Thing Inside So Strong Ryan 67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bo'ness

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    should have signed him for 250,000 when we had the chance
    We had the chance to sign him on a bosman last summer but didn't take it.


    "When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause"


    God Bless Mr Celtic

  10. #10
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    another hun in the team, no thank you..

  11. #11
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.

  12. #12
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun

  13. #13
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.

  14. #14
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.
    Him and i obviously have different ideas of what Celtic fans are.

  15. #15
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.
    Him and i obviously have different ideas of what Celtic fans are.
    To you care to qualify that, or is just saying "he's a hun" enough?

  16. #16
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.
    Him and i obviously have different ideas of what Celtic fans are.
    To you care to qualify that, or is just saying "he's a hun" enough?
    Hmm ok

    He played for the huns, therefore he is just another hun, not a Celtic fan.

  17. #17
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.
    Him and i obviously have different ideas of what Celtic fans are.
    To you care to qualify that, or is just saying "he's a hun" enough?
    Hmm ok

    He played for the huns, therefore he is just another hun, not a Celtic fan.
    I don't know about you mate but if i was talented enough a footballer to be offered a pro contract i'd take it, no matter who i supported. Was he meant to knock back a pro contract with Zombies and just sit at home?

  18. #18
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.
    Him and i obviously have different ideas of what Celtic fans are.
    To you care to qualify that, or is just saying "he's a hun" enough?
    Hmm ok

    He played for the huns, therefore he is just another hun, not a Celtic fan.
    I don't know about you mate but if i was talented enough a footballer to be offered a pro contract i'd take it, no matter who i supported. Was he meant to knock back a pro contract with Zombies and just sit at home?
    How did i know you were going to say that.

    As a Celtic fan, if i was good enough to attract their interest, i would know i would be good enough to play for another club. If i was offered to play for them i would refuse, i wouldn't do it to my family.

    Family is more important to me than money.

    He is a hun regardless of who he supported growing up.

  19. #19
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.
    Him and i obviously have different ideas of what Celtic fans are.
    To you care to qualify that, or is just saying "he's a hun" enough?
    Hmm ok

    He played for the huns, therefore he is just another hun, not a Celtic fan.
    I don't know about you mate but if i was talented enough a footballer to be offered a pro contract i'd take it, no matter who i supported. Was he meant to knock back a pro contract with Zombies and just sit at home?
    How did i know you were going to say that.

    As a Celtic fan, if i was good enough to attract their interest, i would know i would be good enough to play for another club. If i was offered to play for them i would refuse, i wouldn't do it to my family.

    Family is more important to me than money.

    He is a hun regardless of who he supported growing up.
    What if the Zombies scouts saw something the Celtic scouts clearly didn't? You don't get second chances in life.

    Unless you have serious issues you'd just be proud that a member of your family was a promising sportsman and support him. I know Chris Burke was a massive tim and his dad is a season ticket holder at Parkhead but he still went along to watch his son play - family is more important than Celtic in his household, and mine for that matter.

    Even if other smaller clubs made offers for him i'd want my relative to get the best chance possible to be a good pro and in terms of coaching and medical treatment the OF are miles ahead of other clubs in Scotland. If Celtic weren't interested in me and Zombies were then i'd go to Zombies without hesitation.

  20. #20
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Celtic move would tempt McCormack

    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    another hun in the team, no thank you..
    He said he is a Celtic fan.
    I say he is a hun
    I guess you'd know better than he would.
    Him and i obviously have different ideas of what Celtic fans are.
    To you care to qualify that, or is just saying "he's a hun" enough?
    Hmm ok

    He played for the huns, therefore he is just another hun, not a Celtic fan.
    I don't know about you mate but if i was talented enough a footballer to be offered a pro contract i'd take it, no matter who i supported. Was he meant to knock back a pro contract with Zombies and just sit at home?
    How did i know you were going to say that.

    As a Celtic fan, if i was good enough to attract their interest, i would know i would be good enough to play for another club. If i was offered to play for them i would refuse, i wouldn't do it to my family.

    Family is more important to me than money.

    He is a hun regardless of who he supported growing up.
    What if the Zombies scouts saw something the Celtic scouts clearly didn't? You don't get second chances in life.

    Unless you have serious issues you'd just be proud that a member of your family was a promising sportsman and support him. I know Chris Burke was a massive tim and his dad is a season ticket holder at Parkhead but he still went along to watch his son play - family is more important than Celtic in his household, and mine for that matter.

    Even if other smaller clubs made offers for him i'd want my relative to get the best chance possible to be a good pro and in terms of coaching and medical treatment the OF are miles ahead of other clubs in Scotland. If Celtic weren't interested in me and Zombies were then i'd go to Zombies without hesitation.
    My family would be devastated, as far as im aware they don't have "serious issues".

    I would also lose all my friends, be made to feel uncomfortable by my team mates and supporters.

    All that aside, i would not be an employee of Zombies football club, if i was given the choice of that or death then i would choose death.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •