Thread: Will Lennon get promoted to Ast. Manager?

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Will Lennon get promoted to Ast. Manager?

Pendrey has left with Strachan, what do you think the reshuffle will look like?

Unless Coyle/Bilic/whoever appoints their own Ast. Manager (which often happens with new staff), I'd like to see McStay promoted to First Team Assistant, with McGrain taking the reserves. I think Lennon is more suited to a coaching role.

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

Default Re: Will Lennon get promoted to Ast. Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Euskal Herria View Post

Unless Coyle/Bilic/whoever appoints their own Ast. Manager (which often happens with new staff), I'd like to see McStay promoted to First Team Assistant, with McGrain taking the reserves. I think Lennon is more suited to a coaching role.
    I think whoever it is will bring their own assistant. Everyone underneath will stay in their same positions. Lennon, i think is most useful as a conduit between the manager and the players.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

I want willy mcstay to get promoted, nothing wrong with having 2 assistants or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskal Herria View Post

I would have

Our new manager, assisted by McStay and McGrain

Lennon would also feature as a coach.

Davie Hay would be made head scout

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    I want willy mcstay to get promoted, nothing wrong with having 2 assistants or anything.
    I agree with McStay being promoted, it's about time the guy got some proper recognition, he does a fantastic job with the reserves.

As for Lennon, only time will tell, if Billic was to take charge im sure he would appreciate someone like Lennon around to help him bed in, but if it was Coyle or Mowbray then they may have their own ideas.

Exciting times ahead whatever happens though
    "Celtic is important to me in as much as it's one of the only constants in my life over the years. I have changed and become various things but it is the one constant. Religion, friendships have come and gone, likes and dislikes have come and gone, but Celtic has remained." - Billy Connolly

I would put Lennon in charge of the reserves, he can give them the encouragement to push for 1st team places, not saying McStay can't obviously he's brilliant and I'd give him a 1st team roll.

Davie Hay was a good shout too for Head Scout, he's got a good record there as far as I can remember.

Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.

Celtic Under 19s aidan_mcanespie's Avatar

Hopefully. I think he deserves it. I wouldnt mind putting him in charge of the reserves squad, i think hes got what it would take to make them become 1st team players.

He is a good motivator but I'm not to sure he is a good coach or tactician