Thread: loyalist democrats?

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

Default loyalist democrats?

sorry should have put republican democrats

MLA 'warned to leave or be shot'

Dolores Kelly said she would not be intimidated
    SDLP assembly member Dolores Kelly has said she was threatened by a masked man armed with an air gun while election canvassing in Lurgan.

Ms Kelly said she was confronted on Tuesday evening at Kilwilkie Gardens by a man who told her to leave the area or she would be shot.

She said the man pointed the weapon at the face of a party colleague.

Police said the circumstances of the incident were still being established and enquiries were continuing.

"We had two teams of canvassers in Kilwilkie and I did notice a crowd of young fellas in a car pull up," said Mrs Kelly.

"They drove off again so I thought nothing of it until I heard someone say my name and saw a young man in a balaclava, who told me in no uncertain terms that I was to leave the area or I would be shot.

This person thinks he's being a big man by threatening us, but he's the opposite - a coward is too good a word for him

Dolores Kelly
    "He had what seemed to be an air gun. He also threatened another member of my party and pointed the gun directly at his face."

The Upper Bann representative said she would not be intimidated.

"Let me make this very clear to those people who think they can intimidate me or my party - they will not," continued Dolores Kelly.

"This is an affront to democracy. I am proud to be an elected representative for this area and a young thug like that will not deter me from my work.

"This type of person offers nothing to the community. There was a teenage girl with me helping me canvass. This person thinks he's being a big man by threatening us, but he's the opposite - a coward is too good a word for him."

"The matter is now with the PSNI and for the safety of those with me I decided to finish canvassing for the evening after the incident."

Last year Ms Kelly suffered a minor leg injury and her car was damaged when she was attacked by stone throwers.

She was targeted after condemning dissident republican violence in Craigavon.

The Chairman of the Northern Ireland Policing Board Professor Sir Desmond Rea offered his support to Ms Kelly who is a board member.

"There is no room in our society for those who threaten in this way and the stance taken by Dolores against such threats must be given broad community support," he said.
    Last edited by clagan; 27-05-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Default Re: loyalist democrats?

i don't think these people quite get the concept of power sharing.

they still seem a little put out by the notion of uppity fenians walking the streets.was there any condemnation from loyalist representatives in the area clagan?

i seen this report on the news last night and thats the only thing that seemed to be missing

Quote Originally Posted by caoimhin View Post
    i don't think these people quite get the concept of power sharing.

they still seem a little put out by the notion of uppity fenians walking the streets.was there any condemnation from loyalist representatives in the area clagan?

i seen this report on the news last night and thats the only thing that seemed to be missing
    was my bad mate, meant to write republican democrats, kilwilkie is republican area. was probably the RIRA. as much as i cant stand the SDLP since they've become a middle class party there was no need for them to do that

thats a shocker.when was the last time those middle of the road bastards had to put up with republican threats?

fuck knows. i was shocked they were even out canvassing. if you ask a lot of people in areas they wont even know who they're SDLP candidate is, i know i dont. they lost touch with grass roots politics years ago, was shocked that mark durkan, john humes protege, is so out of touch

that was their problem ,never groomed replacements for mallon and hume.sinn fein could go the same way if they're not careful

some of the political ads i've seen from the s.d.l.p are pathetic,kids running around in gaa tops and speakers talking about a united ireland.too late boys ,too late!

really? haven't seen the ads. thought they'd forgotten about a united ireland, same as the shinners tbf. seem too content with their big wages and suits than actuall politics.

the only people who vote for the SDLP are old, they've a really poor youth movement and the brains behind the party are out to pasture. doesn't seem to be any support amongst people who grew up during the end of the troubles because they see the effort sinn fein put in compared to the SDLP

Wasn't loyalists that threatened her

Was the North Armagh Continuity

just trying to outgreen the shinners.which is ironic when you consider sinn fein is adopting the exact same approach the s.d.l.p were advocating for thirty years.

another sure sign of the s.d.l.p's decline is the fact that they wanted to get into bed with fianna fail

Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Wasn't loyalists that threatened her

Was the North Armagh Continuity
    was indeed. i said already i typed the wrong title mate.

Quote Originally Posted by caoimhin View Post
    just trying to outgreen the shinners.which is ironic when you consider sinn fein is adopting the exact same approach the s.d.l.p were advocating for thirty years.

another sure sign of the s.d.l.p's decline is the fact that they wanted to get into bed with fianna fail

too true, the same as the UUP trying to get into bed with the tories, then their only MP said she would leave the party if that happened. the UUP and SDLP are 2 spent forces clutching at straws. they've lost all relevance

your one hermon made empey look like an awful tit didn't she?

i was in stitches.hopefully the d.u.p takes an awful battering from this expenses row.peter robinson and his wife were caught trying to claim for the same mortgage twice

he's a cunt robinson. a chef i used to work with lives next door to them , says the cops used to be out all the day because he was beating her.

tbh i think theres a lot of voter apathy up here at the minute, i know i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not going to vote even though my granny will say its a sin because of what we went through to get it.

have you heard of this bhoyo yet? ian parsley, what a fucking name!
    http://www.allianceparty.org/pages/p...RSLEY-Ian.html

i seen a thing on utv about him last night.early thirties,looks like he had a hard time of it in school and is still trying to shake it off

i don't get the alliance,obviously unionist seeing as they support the status quo,but they refuse to identify themselves as such.would you ever consider a vote for one of them?

would this be the good iris sodomy is sin robinson ya?

probably just submitting to her good christain duties and taking a few skelps from peadar.cracker,what an absolute cracker.

you can have no idea how much the image of that hateful little cunt getting pucked around the place has brightened up my day
    Last edited by caoimhin; 27-05-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Fuck sake what a load of shite! Republican blamed again
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!

good god no. they are a mixed party, they even have a chineese MLA in south belfast, their ex leader sean neeson used to go to my school, but the seem to be an almost nuetral party prepared to accept the staus quo rather than determine it. pointless party imo

that one from hong kong is gas!lo isn't it?

they don't seem to stand for anything do they.just unionism without the jackboots!