Thread: Bilic Declares Interest

Default Bilic Declares Interest

Default Re: Bilic Declares Interest

I personally would love to get Bilic, i know he dosent have club experiance but surely the job hes done with getting the best out of players for the national team in croatia with such a small population he would be up there in my opinion, Cant see it happenin but lets pray. That would be an outstanding apointment imo

I'm warming to this idea.

He'd definitely see us as a stepping stone though to the riches down south.

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I'm warming to this idea.

He'd definitely see us as a stepping stone though to the riches down south.
    My two preferred ones are Coyle and Billic, but as you say, if Billic is doing well then i can see him heading South at the first offer. I think Coyle, if he were a success, would still stay for 3-4 years before moving on.

Not sure tbh. He is worth trying to get at least, has a decent record.

I'd take Bilic in a hurry, he seems to know what hes talking about. Alright, hes not exactly experienced with day to day club management, but we know that Lawell deals with most of that, we need someone to motivate and pick the team.

I am worried that most people are swooning over Coyle cause hes a Celtic man, rather than a great manager. I know what he did with Burnley was good, great even, and I wouldnt claim to know enough about him to judge, but I can see some people wanting him purely cause of his background and past.

I can't see this happening somehow. Great if it did though.

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RabT1888 View Post
    I'd take Bilic in a hurry, he seems to know what hes talking about. Alright, hes not exactly experienced with day to day club management, but we know that Lawell deals with most of that, we need someone to motivate and pick the team.

I am worried that most people are swooning over Coyle cause hes a Celtic man, rather than a great manager. I know what he did with Burnley was good, great even, and I wouldnt claim to know enough about him to judge, but I can see some people wanting him purely cause of his background and past.
    His record in cup competitions is excellent and getting Burnley into the EPL is quite a feat also considering how many big clubs are in that league. He plays decent football and knows how to get the best out of a limited squad. The fact that he is a Celtic man might silence some of the boo bhoys. I don't want to have to sit through all the shit we had with Gordon in charge. I just think, that from what i've heard about him, and what he has done, that he is special, and that we should grab him while we can.

Billic has no experience of club management but has a good record at international level. He has good scouting contacts and is a "name" manager who might be able to attract bigger name players. However, he has never had to sign players to mould a team (having had limited choices as an international coach), and i think he might be suited more to a superstar team like Chelsea rather than have to deal with haggling with Hamilton over spending an extra 50k on a transfer fee.

I'd love this to happen.

This would be a major coup for Celtic
    I'm raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust. Any donations would be really sound and much appreciated!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulregan93