Thread: Celtic to approach owen coyle today

Default Celtic to approach owen coyle today

According to the daily record, Celtic today will approach burnley to discuss the possiblilty of owen coyle's move to his boyhood heroes.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-21392075/

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: Celtic to approach owen coyle today

Quote Originally Posted by The article
    Although 42-year-old Coyle, who has captured the imagination by leading Burnley into Englands top flight for the first time in 33 years, has shot to the head of Celtics wish list it is understood theyd also like to talk to Tony Mowbray and Craig Levein.
    This makes me happy, any of these choices would be good imo.

Also very interesting comment in the comment box.

Quote Originally Posted by comment box guy
    Am I missing something about Owen Coyle? In a football career spanning 20 plus years he has had no less than 14 career moves - 4 times to Airdrie - his best(?) moves being to Dundee United and Bolton - and since his initial start at Dumbarton has spent no more than 1-2 years at each club. His managerial career has just started and he has helped get Burnley promoted from the Championship to the EPL but they finished fifth in the league - 14 points from the leaders and winners Wolves. Or is it the fact that his name is Owen Columba Coyle, has one ROI cap - in a friendly - after 20 years as a player - and is a big Celtic fan that puts him at the top of the list. OMG - here's hoping he's as good as you think he is - or it's dark days ahead........
    Last edited by Hoopymo; 27-05-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Although 42-year-old Coyle, who has captured the imagination by leading Burnley into Englands top flight for the first time in 33 years, has shot to the head of Celtics wish list it is understood theyd also like to talk to Tony Mowbray and Craig Levein.
    Imo the 3 would do a good job, But out of the 3 coyle would for defs be my choice, hope to fu*k the board does all they can to get him

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Irish Jinky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Imo the 3 would do a good job, But out of the 3 coyle would for defs be my choice, hope to fu*k the board does all they can to get him
    Out of the 3 it's Mowbray for me, but i would still be happy with coyle.

Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar

This is starting to get a bit silly now, think am goanny take a back seat until something concrete comes up, otherwise we could be going round in circles lol