Thread: Hartley to Return to Hearts

Default Hartley to Return to Hearts

PAUL Hartley will consider an informal invitation from Vladimir Romanov to return to Hearts if he is not offered a new contract by Celtic.
    The midfielder, who is waiting to learn if the former champions want to add an optional year to his soon-to-expire two-and-a-half-year contract, was approached by the Hearts owner at the end of the goalless draw between the clubs on Sunday.

like some other players who have left Hearts since Romanov took over, Hartley is still held in high esteem by Romanov. The Lithuanian businessman praised the player for going to him and saying openly that he wanted to leave Tynecastle, contrasting that with others whom he regarded as planning their departure in an underhand way.

As a midfield playmaker and a deadball expert, Hartley would be an obvious replacement for Bruno Aguiar, who announced on his Facebook page on Sunday that he is leaving Hearts. "Thanks a lot everybody, but my time at Hearts is finished," the Portuguese 28-year-old wrote. "I'm sad, but life is like that and I hope to be happy at my new club."

Aguiar, who was one of the top earners at Tynecastle, has been linked with both Zombies and Celtic. Several English clubs have also expressed an interest.

Even if Hearts do follow up the owner's interest with a more formal approach to Hartley, it is uncertain if they would be willing or able to make him a good enough offer to secure his services. Romanov continues to insist that bringing young players through the club's academy must be the principal manner of rebuilding the team.

"I would like to give maximum opportunities to homegrown players who have come through our academy," Romanov said on the club's website, www.heartsfc.co,uk, at the weekend. "It is always realistic to bring young players through."

As Robbie Neilson and Christos Karipidis are also leaving Tynecastle, Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo has insisted the club needs to bring in some experienced players. At 32, Hartley would almost automatically come into consideration as club captain if he were to return.

Former Zombies defender Maurice Ross, meanwhile, has emerged as a target for Hearts. Tynecastle officials have made contact with the 28-year-old's representatives and a meeting between both parties is set up for next week. Ross, a free agent after being released by Turkish side Kocaelispor, said: "Hearts are a fantastic club; they're ambitious, they've qualified for the Europa League next season and it would be hard to say no."

I love him and the passion he shows for Celtic but this season I have found him very frustrating. He seems to of lost his pace and gets caught out of position way to often. Did a great job for us, pitty we didn't get him a few years younger.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Hartley to Return to Hearts

Nothing against the lad, but happy days if he goes.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Yaass.

He's too old now, he really declined too quickly.

A shame really, was a decent player for his age tbh. These type of players though we really need to clear out if we are wanting a fresh start.

Good, fuck off back to Tynecastle and kiss their badge again.

Good luck paul, wherever you decide to go (PLease dont go to the diet huns )

I'll always remember him for his priceless goal against Spartak Moscow in the CL

good luck son
    "Celtic is important to me in as much as it's one of the only constants in my life over the years. I have changed and become various things but it is the one constant. Religion, friendships have come and gone, likes and dislikes have come and gone, but Celtic has remained." - Billy Connolly

being a dangerous person i live in dangerville

Good news.

Good luck to the guy from the future. An honest hard working player who always gave 100%.

Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar

Cracking player for us after his first year, thought his no bullshit style of play was vital to us sometimes and was a good Tim. Hail Hail Paul

Fair enough, he done what we brought him here to do, and he done it well.

No frills kind of player thats needed for places like Inverness in January !! Good luck to him wherever he goes, and all this kissing the badge at Hearts thing, thats been blown out of proportion, the mans a tim through and through, you can tell that.

But, new manager, new season, new crop of players needed. I can see big, big changes player wise, I hope they are for the better

Fair enough, honest player but not good enough to do a turn for us anymore.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

Good hard worker, but its time for him to move on, not the player he used to be.

Id love to see him stay at Celtic, although he might not be as fast as he once was he still does a good job in the midfield covering runs from opposing attacking players

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBhoy View Post
    Id love to see him stay at Celtic, although he might not be as fast as he once was he still does a good job in the midfield covering runs from opposing attacking players
    I have the feeling we are going to be losing a lot of players this summer and he would be useful to keep around.

If he goes, good luck to him in the future.

I'm surprised by this going on the previous relationship with Romanov when Pressley, Gordon and Hartley himself took a stand against him.

Hartley------> Hearts
    Aguair-------> Celtic ??