LINK

More recent than the other one i posted
    Last edited by Ghod; 27-05-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Billic eyes up Celtic job

Oh please let it happen!

Wooooohoo!

Get in him in Celtic!
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Not convinced tbh, untested at club level.

Hmm, it's better than McGhee whatever happens. We could do worse and at least he is a pretty familiar name, who the fuck knows who McGhee is.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post

Dunno mate if we got him he can hump my missus annaw
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=46&dateline=125880819  1

Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar

No really given it much thought as i have doubted whether we were able to get him, bt by the looks of it he could be a realistic target. I'd take him before any one of the others, here's hoping.

Billic has just been on Setanta Sports News saying he thinks he could take Celtic to the Champions Leage semi finals or even the final.

Thats the level of ambition we need!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post

I stand by this.

That italian guy who took over Livingston said he\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d have them back in the SPL and breaking the Old F**m within 3 years.

Romanov promised the champions league and the spl to hears.

Theres ambition, then there's stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Billic has just been on Setanta Sports News saying he thinks he could take Celtic to the Champions Leage semi finals or even the final.

It's easy to talk, but it's the kind of attitude I like.

I didn't see this, was it him speaking to camera ?

If he is saying this to camera then he is defo making a play for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

He was speaking via telephone. You could hear him speaking but it was just a picture of him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

Wasn't him, it was his agent Rudi vata.

i'd be wary

its one thing doing well with your country(think klinsmann,scolari even),quite another to do it on a daily basis

I like confidence, but theres confidence, cockiness and then theres just plain old putting your foot in it.

In saying that, with a well renowned manager like Bilic, who could attract continental players, whos to say we couldnt go that far, with a bit of luck, a few good finds signing wise and plenty of support from us and the fans.

I said in another thread, Bilic is untested at Club level, but has proved to be a great coach at International level, so why not? The day to day club running is done upstairs anyway, and picking a team is the same regardless whether its club or national team.

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has been offered as Gordon Strachan’s successor at Celtic, his agent told Setanta Sports.

Bilic, who has previously been linked with jobs at West Ham and Chelsea, has never led a club side but has caught the eye with a cocksure approach to international management that ultimately ended in England’s failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

That in itself will no doubt have endeared him to many supporters north of the border but recent noises coming out of Parkhead have suggested that Bhoys supporters are keen for a new manager with affiliations to the club.

Former defender Tony Mowbray immediately leapt to the head of the bookmakers’ favourites but Bilic is now emerging as a real contender for the post.

“I haven’t heard from Celtic,” agent Rudi Vata told Setanta Sports News. “I brought the name forward and now I wait for Celtic to come back to me but until this moment in time I haven’t heard anything yet.

“He’s under contract with Croatia and he’s got a very important game coming up with Ukraine but Slaven is a very open-minded manager. He would be interested in talking to Celtic about the job.

“Celtic are a massive club, a Champions League club and obviously Slaven believes he can bring this club to the next stage. He believes he can perform very well in the Champions League – he is a very ambitious coach, he thinks Celtic are big enough to be in the Champions League semi-finals and final.

“He knows the British game very well, he was involved in England for so many years. He knows what it means for the Celtic fans to be a success in Europe and believes he can make a success for those fantastic fans.”

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has been offered as Gordon Strachan’s successor at Celtic, his agent told Setanta Sports.

Bilic, who has previously been linked with jobs at West Ham and Chelsea, has never led a club side but has caught the eye with a cocksure approach to international management that ultimately ended in England’s failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

That in itself will no doubt have endeared him to many supporters north of the border but recent noises coming out of Parkhead have suggested that Bhoys supporters are keen for a new manager with affiliations to the club.

Former defender Tony Mowbray immediately leapt to the head of the bookmakers’ favourites but Bilic is now emerging as a real contender for the post.

“I haven’t heard from Celtic,”
    agent Rudi Vata told Setanta Sports News. “I brought the name forward and now I wait for Celtic to come back to me but until this moment in time I haven’t heard anything yet.

“He’s under contract with Croatia and he’s got a very important game coming up with Ukraine but Slaven is a very open-minded manager. He would be interested in talking to Celtic about the job.

“Celtic are a massive club, a Champions League club and obviously Slaven believes he can bring this club to the next stage. He believes he can perform very well in the Champions League – he is a very ambitious coach, he thinks Celtic are big enough to be in the Champions League semi-finals and final.

“He knows the British game very well, he was involved in England for so many years. He knows what it means for the Celtic fans to be a success in Europe and believes he can make a success for those fantastic fans.”
    I call bullshit.

doesnt matter who we get unless the board buck their ideas up, we could end up with a good manager but if them bastards give him feck all to spend then hes useless

I'm starting to jizz with excitment.

Rudi vata, as in the ex Celtic player? That's got to work in our favour in convincing him to sign up.

I think we missed a gem with this one.

Mark Hughes never managed at club level but after he left Wales we went on to do a great job at Blackburn.

Should have signed him up when we had the chance. Mowbray dosen't inspire me, and I doubt he would inspire the players either. Bilic would have IMO.

Roy Hodgson, another that started in International management. I'd be happy to give Bilic a couple of seasons if we don't get Mogga.

Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.