Thread: Roy Keane?

Default Roy Keane?

After hearing a few rumors about town and also in the papers about Keano and a possible move to Celtic. In my opinion I cant see this happening as he just signed a contract with Ipswich although I would love to see him manage the hoops. Keane would get the backing of Desmond and therefore the cash we need to build a good squad. He would also attract very good players.

Your thoughts?
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!

Default Re: Roy Keane?

Like to see how he's doing after a few more years experience. Zero chance he will some at this point in time.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

IMO anyone who wants Keane over Strachan clearly does just want a "Celtic minded" manager rather than a good proven manager.

The Celtic Managers job is too big a job for Keane. Hes achieved nothing as a manager and walked out on Sunderland after a short time in charge. If his name wasnt Roy Keane no Celtic fan would want him here.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

He can bugger off, too temperamental, and spends money like its toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    IMO anyone who wants Keane over Strachan clearly does just want a "Celtic minded" manager rather than a good proven manager.

The Celtic Managers job is too big a job for Keane. Hes achieved nothing as a manager and walked out on Sunderland after a short time in charge. If his name was Roy Keane no Celtic fan would want him here.
    Strachan relegated nearly every team he was in charge of. Keane has proven himself as a good manager that has potential to become great. He is inexperienced I most admit. He got Sunderland from bottom of the championship to win it. The he kept them up in their first year which is what you want in your first year in the prem. His walk out was due to inexperience and he believed he was doing his best for the club. You cant say he achieved nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by KildareCFC View Post
    Strachan relegated nearly every team he was in charge of. Keane has proven himself as a good manager that has potential to become great. He is inexperienced I most admit. He got Sunderland from bottom of the championship to win it. The he kept them up in their first year which is what you want in your first year in the prem. His walk out was due to inexperience and he believed he was doing his best for the club. You cant say he achieved nothing?
    I can say hes not achieved enough yet to be Celtic Manager. Like I said, if his name wasnt Roy Keane no one would want a Manager with his record and experiance as manager of Celtic.

Nope THE BEAR can go away up the road and play with his windblower else where

lol and so can keano
    Last edited by Fancy Pants; 27-05-2009 at 02:23 AM.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=46&dateline=125880819  1

No thanks.

I'm bias. Not saying anything!

Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar

I've always had a gut feeling that Keane could one day be an excellent manager for us, i think he done extremely well at Sunderland for 2 year and maybe just lost his way a bit. Since then i'd imagine he's had time to reflect and learn from his experiences, and he's not the kind of man to hide. You know for a fact he will face absolutely anything head on, i like that in a manager.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I've always had a gut feeling that Keane could one day be an excellent manager for us, i think he done extremely well at Sunderland for 2 year and maybe just lost his way a bit. Since then i'd imagine he's had time to reflect and learn from his experiences, and he's not the kind of man to hide. You know for a fact he will face absolutely anything head on, i like that in a manager.
    This is exactly why i'll be looking out for Ipswich news next season especially on transfers.

Not going to happen at least in the near future. Would rather Lennon in worse case scenario because at least we know he wouldn't walk out when the going gets tough.