Thread: Steve Clarke

Default Steve Clarke

West Ham assistant manager, Celtic fan.

Mourinho's assistant at Chelsea now Zola's assistant, hands on coach who does a lot of work on the training ground while Zola takes a back seat. Wants to become his own boss one day, what do you think ?

Default Re: Steve Clarke

Coatbridge? Played for Accies? I know his priest brother.

FYI.

Interesting shout. My brother is friendly with his brother and there is no doubt he'd take the job if offered. I think he knows his business but would we/ could we give it to someone with no managerial experience again?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Interesting shout. My brother is friendly with his brother and there is no doubt he'd take the job if offered. I think he knows his business but would we/ could we give it to someone with no managerial experience again?
    Too big a risk I think. Too much at stake maybe.

(Brother called Jim btw?)

Quote Originally Posted by The Onion View Post

I can't remember. My brother and him would get tickets for Chelsea games in the north of England and go down and watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Onion View Post

I can't remember. My brother and him would get tickets for Chelsea games in the north of England and go down and watch them.
    Sounds like a different brother.

I saw Stevie clarke play against Celtic years ago at Douglas Park. That has no bearing on him coming to CP mind you.

Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar

What's the point in taking a gamble on someone who has never been number one when there are so many different candidates that have proved themselves at various levels?

No for me, although if he wants to come as a coach then i'd be happy with that.

Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar

Last two times we have had a manager that hasn't has experience before - Barnes and Brady.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Nah, well maybe if we get a manager team in i'd like him to be one half of it.

I would like him, based on the fact I think he would be a world class manager. However, he would be a gamble.

Chelsea and West Ham rate him very highly.

Good shout, I know he was well thought of at the english huns, I don't think we can afford to take a chance on an untried boss though.
    "Celtic is important to me in as much as it's one of the only constants in my life over the years. I have changed and become various things but it is the one constant. Religion, friendships have come and gone, likes and dislikes have come and gone, but Celtic has remained." - Billy Connolly

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    What's the point in taking a gamble on someone who has never been number one when there are so many different candidates that have proved themselves at various levels?

No for me, although if he wants to come as a coach then i'd be happy with that.
    hit the nail on the head there

It's difficult to say how he would be on his own, however it is clear that he is probably the number 1 assistant manager in the world, one of the most sought after at any rate.