Thread: Charlie Nicholas Couldn't put it Better

Default Charlie Nicholas Couldn't put it Better

I think we all think Champagne is a bit of a dick especially after the off air comment on sky but the guy hits the nail on the head here.

Maybe not keane as choice but when he says we dont need another ''Glove Puppet'' for the board and that the most important man should be the manager not the chief executive.
    He goes on to say it should be about results on the park not off it

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...348134,00.html
    Last edited by Buzzbhoy; 26-05-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: This is the full article

Default Re: Charlie Nicholas Couldn't put it Better

I agree with his points, but I am not convinced Keane would be right for the Glasgow goldfish bowl.

In saying that he'd really noise up the huns !

Fantastic Expectations... Squire's Avatar

Spot on there, and i wouldn't be to gutted if Keane was given the job i think he would be brilliant up here. Would still prefer Coyle though he seems to be on the crest of a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I agree with his points, but I am not convinced Keane would be right for the Glasgow goldfish bowl.

In saying that he'd really noise up the huns !
    If you take keane out of it everything he says about the team going backwards and what WGS was are spot on.

Keane would never come because he'd demand nearly the same control as mon but he would really give it to the huns, wants good football played,tim and would never let the board make him his bitch the reason why he left Sunderland.
    Had a poor record in transfer market though but i think he's learnt a lot and least he admited why he done it and that he was wrong,, Never going to happen though

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    Spot on there, and i wouldn't be to gutted if Keane was given the job i think he would be brilliant up here. Would still prefer Coyle though he seems to be on the crest of a wave.
    Even though Keane was my hero even though i hated united, i still think id rather Coyle too, but keane would be able to attact bigger names.

I nearly cryed the day he signed for celtic

its not going to happen now unless he doe's a steve bruce on it and walks away from ipswich.if he does a good job at portman road i'd be delighted to have him as celtic manager in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbhoy View Post
    Even though Keane was my hero even though i hated united, i still think id rather Coyle too, but keane would be able to attact bigger names.

Aye he was meant to have been on his last legs yet he absolutely strolled every game he played for us, massive help to us winning the league that year.

Aye he was meant to have been on his last legs yet he absolutely strolled every game he played for us, massive help to us winning the league that year.
    if i only had a video of his performance at ibrox i'd watch it twice a day!

Ano m8 he could have played with his eyes shut that day, fuckin immense

Quote Originally Posted by caoimhin View Post

if i only had a video of his performance at ibrox i'd watch it twice a day!
    That was my first Old F**m, like everyone i always wanted to see Celtic win at ibrox, when keane signed i just had to go, think i payed about 250euro at the time to see my hero play for my favourite team at ibrox and it was worth every penny, ill never forget when he put Kyiorakos about 10 foot in the air with a tackle, Rooney was sitting 2 seats be hind me met Mjallby as well that day,

This is the full article of want cahrlie said trust setanta to fuck it up

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...348134,00.html

I think Keane would be too controversial an appointment for this board.I think it would also involve a large compensation payment to Ipswich,that would definitely put them off

I dont always agree with Nicholas,but he makes some fair points there.