Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: GAA thread

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

Default GAA thread

anyone catch the derry monaghan game yesterday? great game, good to see my adopted county getting off to a good start. a lot of niggle in it, derry are a dirty team though

Default Re: GAA thread

Didn't see it but good win for Derry. Looking forward to Tyrone and Armagh next week!

Next week will be fun....armagh to win by 3 points.

I fancy a Tyrone win. I hate Armagh, don't like Tyrone much more but still.

tyrone all the way for me. best defence in the country by a mile and their defending as a team is the best i've seen. certs for ulster for me, unless antrim.... if only

i can see an armagh upset but for both teams to meet at a later stage and tyrone to triumph

think armagh are finished tbh. they might make the quarters but look at how they played against wexford last year. i think that teams lost their hunger

Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    think armagh are finished tbh. they might make the quarters but look at how they played against wexford last year. i think that teams lost their hunger
    they have alot to prove this year,new captain,new faces might get a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by bobm1967 View Post
    they have alot to prove this year,new captain,new faces might get a good run.
    they do indeed but i'd be surprised if the new faces gel quickly enough. could be wrong though, thats been the best thing about the championship in the past few years, the surprises. dont think anyone saw wexford having such a great run last year. antrim for sam!

Yeah i seen the Derry game good win, Did you see the knee in the sack?

Was at the kildare game great to beat those biffo pricks played well

anyone catch the derry monaghan game yesterday? great game, good to see my adopted county getting off to a good start. a lot of niggle in it, derry are a dirty team though
    what a shockingly bad game that was.derry are filthy bastards and the g.a.a must be ruing the fact the new rules didn't make it past congress.

kildare looked very good i thought but then offaly were atrocious.great win for limerick ,thats us surely into a munster final now.

all in all a good start to the summer

the gaa council are investigating claims a fan punched a monaghan player yesterday, scandolous. good to see limerick get a win and good performance from the rebels from what i read, o connor in great form again

ya,i read about the alleged assault.last thing derry needed at the opening of celtic park.

cork won easily ,should be some game between them and kerry to see who's going to lose to us in munster

antrim and donegal must be up soon are they?good for antrim that they'll have a few weeks less of a wait for the qualifiers than say down or monaghan.waiting 6 or 7 weeks is a bit much

wait for the qualifiers? we're going to win ulster!

2 weeks i think mate, looking forward to it, should be a good day out

Yeah, great start for Derry alright. Derry have a good team just never really produce.

Was at the Kildare game thought we started fantastic and destroyed them in the opening 20 minutes with our skill and passing. Pity we let them back into it in the end. Offaly are a poor team aswel so wont be gettin to cocky but the cunts are always 3 points better when they play Kildare.
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!

[QUOTE=clagan;7010]wait for the qualifiers? we're going to win ulster!

glad to see i'm not the only one suffering from seasonal delusions

kildare,ye could have had 4 or 5 goals in the opening few minutes.i'm looking forward to seing how leinster pans out now.wexford shouldn't be a problem for ye,i just hope you get the chance to play dublin

i reckon wexford will give kildare a game, do they have the same panel as last year?

i'm not deluded coaimhin, you mark my words this is our year

[QUOTE=caoimhin;7015]
    wait for the qualifiers? we're going to win ulster!

glad to see i'm not the only one suffering from seasonal delusions

kildare,ye could have had 4 or 5 goals in the opening few minutes.i'm looking forward to seing how leinster pans out now.wexford shouldn't be a problem for ye,i just hope you get the chance to play dublin
    Yeah, we should bate Wexford but sure ya never know lad. I would jizz myself with a Leinster final against Dublin,would be a day to remember win or lose

wexfords panel is more or less intact i think but then jason ryan gave an interview in which he begged people in wexford to give jobs to the lads on the panel.they might have lost a few lads to nyc ,aus or london.either way ,i can't see them coming close to last years achievements

i don't think dublin would know what to do with if they found themselves in a tight leinster final.but then ,giving the way kildare scored over the weekend and throughout the league,i think dublins defence would be in trouble

and tell you what clagan,if either limerick or antrim win a provincial title in football this year i'll enrol in maynooth and you enlist with the british army

Was a good game yesterday between Wicklow and Longford, we were well in control until we lost concentration and let Longford back in the game, last minute goal was good stuff though

O'Dwyer is still magic, we're improving a fair amount under him and we'll go for it against Westmeath and see what happens from there.