Thread: Copying PS3 games...

Default Copying PS3 games...

Anyone know if this can be done...and how to go about it.

I am not advocating piracy, just want to make backup copies of the games I own...(ahem!)

Default Re: Copying PS3 games...

Does anyone remember you could do it on the ps1 had to get a chip put in

I doubt you could do it, try putting a ps3 disc in your computer and see what happens lol...

Can't be done at the moment , and with the compulsory PS3 firmware updates there's every chance it'll the only console that won't be beaten

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

It can be done aye, just not cheaply enough that people can make a big profit on it yet, due to the time cracking blu ray, the cost of the disks etc.

It'll be ready for mass piracy in the barras in a few months,and the firmware updates mean jack shit copy wise.

It'll be ready for mass piracy in the barras in a few months,and the firmware updates mean jack shit copy wise.
    Copying games and playing copies is 2 different things. Soon after someone comes up with a workaround, Sony will update the firmware to make it obsolete thus making copies useless

Eh no, sony can't come up with a workaround to it, if it was possible the xbox would've had a workaround for it 2 years ago.

To do that they would have to fuck up their own disks too, and everyone would have to buy new games of ones they own.

If it was so easy then how come windows can't stop people pirating anything, you think windows doesn't update?

So you're telling me that the firmware Sony continuously updated on the PSP to enable you to play the latest games. Didn't seriously slow down/ stop the developers doing workarounds.?

You do realise how easily hackable the PSP is, its a firmware homebrew machine, fuck mine was able to run SNES games.

What does copying games have to do with the developers its not as if it stopped cracks?

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    You do realise how easily hackable the PSP is, its a firmware homebrew machine, fuck mine was able to run SNES games.

What does copying games have to do with the developers its not as if it stopped cracks?
    By developers i mean the guys who make the homebrew versions.

Yes mines to but my point is it won't play the latest games without a firmware update from Sony. Said firmware negates the workarounds that developers/hackers have done.so pirate games are useless unless you want to continuously fk about with firmware versions of your PSP.

Also you're mention of Windows software updating. I've just checked my old machine and the usually infallible Student version of XP will not update because of the latest version of WGA.

Quote Originally Posted by capel69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post

By developers i mean the guys who make the homebrew versions.

Yes mines to but my point is it won't play the latest games without a firmware update from Sony. Said firmware negates the workarounds that developers/hackers have done.so pirate games are useless unless you want to continuously fk about with firmware versions of your PSP.
    Get the master pack and it's all good in the hood.

Also you're mention of Windows software updating. I've just checked my old machine and the usually infallible Student version of XP will not update because of the latest version of WGA.
    Sounds like your doing it wrong then, i'm on windows vista service pack 2 here.

Doing nowt wrong m8 running a legit copy of Vista and everything is perfect

At the end of the day i'll put money on Sony if not keeping one step ahead of, will be very close behind any workround of their software. IMO the master pack is only still "good in the hood" because Sony have gave up with the peice of shit console which is the PSP.
    Last edited by capel69; 25-05-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by capel69 View Post
    Doing nowt wrong m8 running a legit copy of Vista and everything is perfect

At the end of the day i'll put money on Sony if not keeping one step ahead of, will be very close behind any workround of their software. IMO the master pack is only still "good in the hood" because Sony have gave up with the peice of shit console which is the PSP.
    Haha you might have me there with the PSP.