Thread: Where now?

Default Where now?

Where do we go now? Do we keep Strachan? What payers do we keep? What players need to go? What payers, realisticly, can we hope to bring in during the summer?

Do you think we can make it thought two rounds of qualifying and make it into the Champions League group stages?

Default Re: Where now?

Strachan to leave, don't cull the squad but improve on certain areas.

We can get into the CL proper, we can beat anyone on our day.
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

Keep the manager and players but build for next season today, hopefully signing many players and getting rid of the guys who don't play a part at all.

It's all down to the money men to take even more of a chance than they should have this time last year now.

Quote Originally Posted by metrobhoy2 View Post
    Keep the manager and players but build for next season today, hopefully signing many players and getting rid of the guys who don't play a part at all.

It's all down to the money men to take even more of a chance than they should have this time last year now.
    Agreed.

G.B.N.L

Yeah to be honest I think its about time strachan left now. Squad has expired under him, like when MON era was ending. I think he should get a good send off though cause he has been a bit of a legend for us - whatever any may think.

Bilic would be my ideal option but seems other clubs want him, but you never know.

Agree with Dusty about the CL we can beat anyone. Agree about the squad as well as it has the essence of something good, if we can just improve on those poorer areas like left back and a goal scoring striker would be a start.

Shit! Did I just hear right, there will be FOUR rounds of qualifying for the Champions League next season? (SkySports) We enter at the second round that means we need to play three rounds of qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Shit! Did I just hear right, there will be FOUR rounds of qualifying for the Champions League next season? (SkySports) We enter at the second round that means we need to play three rounds of qualifying.
    Shit, I thought it was just the two but the latter being as tough as the likes of Arsenal. If it's 3 then we'll need to win the first 2 to make sure of the Europa or whatever it's called.

Shit, I thought it was just the two but the latter being as tough as the likes of Arsenal. If it's 3 then we'll need to win the first 2 to make sure of the Europa or whatever it's called.
    We cant even put goals past Hibs and Hearts on potential league winning matches, what chance does this squad have going three rounds of qualifying for the Champions League.
    Last edited by Mr Discharge; 24-05-2009 at 06:08 PM.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah to be honest I think its about time strachan left now. Squad has expired under him, like when MON era was ending. I think he should get a good send off though cause he has been a bit of a legend for us - whatever any may think.

Bilic would be my ideal option but seems other clubs want him, but you never know.

Agree with Dusty about the CL we can beat anyone. Agree about the squad as well as it has the essence of something good, if we can just improve on those poorer areas like left back and a goal scoring striker would be a start.

Why is billic such a popular option, he's never managed at club level.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post

Why is billic such a popular option, he's never managed at club level.
    He's cool as fuck basically!

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Get oor willie in the hotseat.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    We can even put goals past Hibs and Hearts on potential league winning matches, what chance does this squad have going three rounds of qualifying for the Champions League.
    I'd like to think that we'll have a slightly different squad to say the least but yeh, don't know exactly who'll be in the opening rounds and how good they'll be. All I know is that we'll have to beat an Arsenal or a Lyon to advance to the CL.

I would say 4 or 5 of the first team are good enough for a decent Celtic team, and they won't replace the rest.

We will be lucky to qualify for the CL and we will then be in the same position that we laughed at Zombies for being in!

I am disalusioned with this team!

I think we could be in for major changes over the summer. This team has run it's course imo, like wise the manager. Obviously who stays and who goes will be affected by whoever is manager but I think a few first team regulars could go.

Boruc, Naylor, Naka, and JVoH will go for me.

I also think bids could come in for say Brown and Skippy. It's an interesting summer ahead.

off topic but, now that we've lost the league, does this mean we not going to be in the peace cup anymore?

Strachan to go in my opinion

yeah hoopy basically just love Bilic as he is the shit

Realistically though if strachan leaves the board have 3 options - A massive name thought to be impossible - I would maybe include Moyes in this given he is at a top5 prem team

An up and coming Scot/ Someone related to celtic

or Some pishy cheap option

No hope of geting champions league, the board wont spend and we don't have near the quality needed get used to the likes of willo fllod signing

Strachan, I've stood by him since day one but this season he has just pissed the fuck out of me. Not because he lost the title, although that helps but his inability to motivate the players is shocking. GTF Strachan.

We can't just cull the whole squad as we just couldn't buy players to replace them. Get rid of the shit (most of the team bar a few exceptions).

I'd say get Coyle in or someone who'll play football that'll get us of our seats, its bad enough losing but losing the way we did is sickening,no imagination,no flair and no passion to our play.

Hopefully with the likes of Naka,bobo leaving and hopefully a few others at least it should free up some money.