Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

  1. #1
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Angry Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    And it don't take no prisoners.

    Coolermaster Cosmos S case, with a 1100W Tagan PipeRock PSU

    AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU on an MSI 790FX-GD 70 AM3 Motherboard

    8Gb G.Skill PI series DD3 memory with heat spreader @ 1600MHz

    nVidia GTX 295 graphics card

    2x500Gb HDD in Raid 0 configuration

    1x1000Gb HDD Hitachi Ultrastar for data

    Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Gamer soundcard

    LG GGc-H20L Blu-ray reader/DVD +/- R/RW with Lightscribe

    LG DVD +/- R/RW drive

    Alpha-cool LCD 240x128 display panel buil into the tower

    Flash media reader/writer

    Cold cathode neon lighting (red) and a bunch of coolermaster fans (red)

    Water cooling kit, with radiator, fan, pump, CPU clock, tubing and coolant (green)


    This beast will cost me 1800 and I will have it by September hopefully. Fuck yeah.

    The mobo is a crossfire one, so I won't be able to SLI the GTX 295, but who cares - when I need to upgrade, hopefully there will be something better out by ATI that can compete with nVidia's Physx technology.

    Consoles, eh? Pffft...

    Comments please.

  2. #2
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    I was reading about the new AMD processors coming out, look good.


    How much was the motherboad?

  3. #3
    The '59 Sound Mr Brightside's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    You were as well writing that in punjabi because I got lost after 'prisoners'
    I'm raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust. Any donations would be really sound and much appreciated!

    http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulregan93


  4. #4
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    I was reading about the new AMD processors coming out, look good.


    How much was the motherboad?
    140 notes chief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brightside View Post
    You were as well writing that in punjabi because I got lost after 'prisoners'
    I did think about writing it in Punjabi, but I thought that would just make it even more confusing. Plus, I don't speak Punjabi either which would have made it worse - so it turned out to be too awkward to do. I settled for English; gutted though. Punjabi would have been a nice touch.
    Last edited by Hoopymo; 23-05-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Double posts :)

  5. #5
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Good to see you never got some low grade motherboard, a lot of people do that and it fucks them over in the end.

  6. #6
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Good to see you never got some low grade motherboard, a lot of people do that and it fucks them over in the end.
    Very true. I'm into overclocking though, so I always make sure my mobo is handy in that department. A lot of people couldn't care less and that works for them. The Intel ones are invariably better overclockers, but for some reason I'm hooked on the new Phenom II's marketing at the moment. I'm a bloody fool, I know - but I can't help it. Besides, I reckon I can push that motherfucker to the dizzy heights of a i7 920 with a little patience.

  7. #7
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Good to see you never got some low grade motherboard, a lot of people do that and it fucks them over in the end.
    Very true. I'm into overclocking though, so I always make sure my mobo is handy in that department. A lot of people couldn't care less and that works for them. The Intel ones are invariably better overclockers, but for some reason I'm hooked on the new Phenom II's marketing at the moment. I'm a bloody fool, I know - but I can't help it. Besides, I reckon I can push that motherfucker to the dizzy heights of a i7 920 with a little patience.
    I think you could push it further than 920 because of your good cooling system, but watch with overclocking because if not careful you'll kill the processor in no time.

  8. #8
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Good to see you never got some low grade motherboard, a lot of people do that and it fucks them over in the end.
    Very true. I'm into overclocking though, so I always make sure my mobo is handy in that department. A lot of people couldn't care less and that works for them. The Intel ones are invariably better overclockers, but for some reason I'm hooked on the new Phenom II's marketing at the moment. I'm a bloody fool, I know - but I can't help it. Besides, I reckon I can push that motherfucker to the dizzy heights of a i7 920 with a little patience.
    I think you could push it further than 920 because of your good cooling system, but watch with overclocking because if not careful you'll kill the processor in no time.
    Well the highest stable clock on the P2 955 I've read about on air was 3.8GHz, and it was still below the stock 920 on most benchmarks. If i can take it up to 4.1 or 4.2 with a bit patience, maybe I can get it there in the end. Round about the 3.8 mark, people have reported hitting a wall with the new Phenoms and a bit after that, even risky voltage increases won't let you take it any higher. Last thing I want to do is fry the fucker 5 minutes after I get it, so I'll be pateint with it.

  9. #9
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Good to see you never got some low grade motherboard, a lot of people do that and it fucks them over in the end.
    Very true. I'm into overclocking though, so I always make sure my mobo is handy in that department. A lot of people couldn't care less and that works for them. The Intel ones are invariably better overclockers, but for some reason I'm hooked on the new Phenom II's marketing at the moment. I'm a bloody fool, I know - but I can't help it. Besides, I reckon I can push that motherfucker to the dizzy heights of a i7 920 with a little patience.
    I think you could push it further than 920 because of your good cooling system, but watch with overclocking because if not careful you'll kill the processor in no time.
    Well the highest stable clock on the P2 955 I've read about on air was 3.8GHz, and it was still below the stock 920 on most benchmarks. If i can take it up to 4.1 or 4.2 with a bit patience, maybe I can get it there in the end. Round about the 3.8 mark, people have reported hitting a wall with the new Phenoms and a bit after that, even risky voltage increases won't let you take it any higher. Last thing I want to do is fry the fucker 5 minutes after I get it, so I'll be pateint with it.
    That's why i use intel :p

  10. #10
    McAlpine's Fusilier Dusty Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    An Dun, Eire

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    *whooosh*
    ^
    My Head
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

  11. #11
    Sheabhoy08 Sheabhoy08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    ooooooofffffttttt,my wee nintendo ds would snake the lot of yeez!!!lol!!!

  12. #12
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post

    That's why i use intel
    See, told you I was a fool.

    Anyway, my mind's made up now. No Intel i7 920 for me, I don't need some fancy piece of shit that's good in fantasy tests that don't have that much of a difference in real worl performance (ok, gaming world) - I want something affordable that's going to kick ass in the real (gaming ) world, which the P2 X4's will do too, but for less 's. :rofl:

  13. #13
    Sheabhoy08 Sheabhoy08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post
    And it don't take no prisoners.

    Coolermaster Cosmos S case, with a 1100W Tagan PipeRock PSU

    AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU on an MSI 790FX-GD 70 AM3 Motherboard

    8Gb G.Skill PI series DD3 memory with heat spreader @ 1600MHz

    nVidia GTX 295 graphics card

    2x500Gb HDD in Raid 0 configuration

    1x1000Gb HDD Hitachi Ultrastar for data

    Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Gamer soundcard

    LG GGc-H20L Blu-ray reader/DVD +/- R/RW with Lightscribe

    LG DVD +/- R/RW drive

    Alpha-cool LCD 240x128 display panel buil into the tower

    Flash media reader/writer

    Cold cathode neon lighting (red) and a bunch of coolermaster fans (red)

    Water cooling kit, with radiator, fan, pump, CPU clock, tubing and coolant (green)


    This beast will cost me 1800 and I will have it by September hopefully. Fuck yeah.

    The mobo is a crossfire one, so I won't be able to SLI the GTX 295, but who cares - when I need to upgrade, hopefully there will be something better out by ATI that can compete with nVidia's Physx technology.

    Consoles, eh? Pffft...

    Comments please.
    Fuck me mate,well done on keeping half of the Japanese workforce in employement by building that motherfucker!!!

  14. #14
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post

    That's why i use intel
    See, told you I was a fool.

    Anyway, my mind's made up now. No Intel i7 920 for me, I don't need some fancy piece of shit that's good in fantasy tests that don't have that much of a difference in real worl performance (ok, gaming world) - I want something affordable that's going to kick ass in the real (gaming ) world, which the P2 X4's will do too, but for less 's. :rofl:
    Heres my only question, why the fuck do you need this lol, what the hell are you gonna run that will need that big a processor, unless you can play 4 games at once haha.

  15. #15
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    [QUOTE=hoopymo;4048]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post

    Heres my only question, why the fuck do you need this lol, what the hell are you gonna run that will need that big a processor, unless you can play 4 games at once haha.
    2 words. Crysis Warhead.

    A game, incidentally, that I don't even own yet - much less know if I'll even like.

    The very fact that there is a game out there that can push a mahine such as the one I'm getting to it's limits though, is enough to make me want one. That game brings normal systems to their knees.

    And I've been reading enough about knees on other forums recently to do me a life time.

  16. #16
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    [QUOTE=Jupiter 7;4053]
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post

    Heres my only question, why the fuck do you need this lol, what the hell are you gonna run that will need that big a processor, unless you can play 4 games at once haha.
    2 words. Crysis Warhead.

    A game, incidentally, that I don't even own yet - much less know if I'll even like.

    The very fact that there is a game out there that can push a mahine such as the one I'm getting to it's limits though, is enough to make me want one. That game brings normal systems to their knees.
    Criticism of the game by reviewers includes the short story mode and a lack of new features over the original game. Some continue to cite the game's high system requirements as unacceptable even a year after the original game, which has the same requirements. Indeed, some reviewers did not see any significant performance improvement with Warhead compared with Crysis, stating that only high-end GPUs could handle the game comfortably at decent frame rates.

    i love wikipedia.

  17. #17
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    [QUOTE=hoopymo;4058]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter 7 View Post

    Heres my only question, why the fuck do you need this lol, what the hell are you gonna run that will need that big a processor, unless you can play 4 games at once haha.
    2 words. Crysis Warhead.

    A game, incidentally, that I don't even own yet - much less know if I'll even like.

    The very fact that there is a game out there that can push a mahine such as the one I'm getting to it's limits though, is enough to make me want one. That game brings normal systems to their knees.
    Criticism of the game by reviewers includes the short story mode and a lack of new features over the original game. Some continue to cite the game's high system requirements as unacceptable even a year after the original game, which has the same requirements. Indeed, some reviewers did not see any significant performance improvement with Warhead compared with Crysis, stating that only high-end GPUs could handle the game comfortably at decent frame rates.

    i love wikipedia.
    So you can see my point then? Can't have a shite game like that floating around out there that would crush my machine. Jupiter 7's rig must to be able to do-over any game that exists.

    If Einstein had managed to live long enough, I'm sure he'd have that fact down as one of his universal constants.

  18. #18
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    You'll end up playing nothing but space invaders on that within a month

  19. #19
    Adnimistrator Jupiter 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Success HQ

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    You'll end up playing nothing but space invaders on that within a month
    True.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Listen up bitches - my new rig is coming

    im a computer man myself mate... play bioshock shit hot.. na sign up for steam.. its a must games for like 5 pound every week


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •