Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Underrated players

  1. #1
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Underrated players

    In our current squad, who is the most underrated?

    Not so long ago I would of said Caldwell but he is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Hinkel would be my pick, very, very good player. Soon becoming one of my favourite players. He is solid and always supporting the RM.

  2. #2
    Presente: ahora y siempre Diegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys Dont Cry View Post
    In our current squad, who is the most underrated?

    Not so long ago I would of said Caldwell but he is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Hinkel would be my pick, very, very good player. Soon becoming one of my favourite players. He is solid and always supporting the RM.
    It has to be Hinkel. I really don't think people know the pressure he is put under with Naka's floating role. I think he struggled with having zero support for a little bit, but he's got used to it... and now that Naka's been helping out more it makes him look that much better.

  3. #3
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Plus his crossing is great, whipped in very fast and hard, i'd like him to take our corners.

  4. #4
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Agree with both of you. Hopefully he gets even better. Now all we need as a decent LB.

  5. #5
    Presente: ahora y siempre Diegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Plus his crossing is great, whipped in very fast and hard, i'd like him to take our corners.
    One thing I've noticed about his crossing is that when he's off... he's really off, and he finds it difficult to get control over his crosses.

  6. #6
    woooooooo Hoopymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Maybe that's because he hits them so hard, i'm not sure tbh, plus his dribbling is surprisingly good.

  7. #7
    Presente: ahora y siempre Diegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    Maybe that's because he hits them so hard, i'm not sure tbh, plus his dribbling is surprisingly good.
    I've noticed that, too. He was hesitant when he first got here... but once he got that confidence he's just owned the right side of the field whenever we've played. Offensively and defensively.

  8. #8
    Show us your Shareen SwoopingVulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Burgh

    Default Re: Underrated players

    I think Mick gets quite a bit of undue criticism. The problem is that if a player comes in and has a few decent games then his in the new Henke/Cesar/Maestro but if he has a few bad ones then he is shit.

    Crosas is the classic example of that. For me he still has the potential to be good for us as well.

  9. #9
    Plastic Scot Buzzbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by SwoopingVulture View Post
    I think Mick gets quite a bit of undue criticism. The problem is that if a player comes in and has a few decent games then his in the new Henke/Cesar/Maestro but if he has a few bad ones then he is shit.

    Crosas is the classic example of that. For me he still has the potential to be good for us as well.
    Yeah i agree if a guy comes in and has a couple of good games we get way too carried away, i have to say i fell in to that bracket with Crosas but i still do think he'll get better

    I dont think the current system suits him one bit. I think Hinkle is turning into a top player i also think Loovens will be a lot better next season look how long it took vidic to settle in at Man utd

  10. #10
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Oh aye, forgot Loovens. Solid as a rock and hopefully will be our CB rather than the preferred option of Mr.Captain ofr next year. Caldwell and Loovens both compliment themselves IMO.

  11. #11
    Celtic Legend Mr Discharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Americas

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Has to be Hinkel.

  12. #12
    Funny how? Max Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Hmmm... I think I'd choose Skippy.



  13. #13
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    Hmmm... I think I'd choose Skippy.
    Really? I would of said he gets most of the praise he deserves and sometimes more. Maybe recently he hasn't, especially when he hasn't been scoring.

  14. #14
    Funny how? Max Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys Dont Cry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    Hmmm... I think I'd choose Skippy.
    Really? I would of said he gets most of the praise he deserves and sometimes more. Maybe recently he hasn't, especially when he hasn't been scoring.
    I think he's been one of our best players this year and hasn't really gotten credit for how well he's done with no consistent strike partner.

  15. #15
    like fuck Bhoys Dont Cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brisbane

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys Dont Cry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    Hmmm... I think I'd choose Skippy.
    Really? I would of said he gets most of the praise he deserves and sometimes more. Maybe recently he hasn't, especially when he hasn't been scoring.
    I think he's been one of our best players this year and hasn't really gotten credit for how well he's done with no consistent strike partner.
    Fair point and I agree, probably not the most consistent but over the whole season has been very effective. Especially as you said, without a decent strike partner. 20 goals for the type of player he is, is exceptional.

  16. #16
    Plastic Scot Buzzbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare

    Default Re: Underrated players

    I think Skippy has been virtually playing up front on his own this year, if he was playing off a sutton compared to playing off sammy the tranny it would make a massive difference.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Underrated players

    It has to be Hinkel if people still dont rate him highly.

  18. #18
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Hmm, Robson or Hinkel.

    Boruc's worth to the team is also sometimes dismissed or underestimated.

  19. #19
    Lubo #25
    Guest Lubo #25's Avatar

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    Hmmm... I think I'd choose Skippy.
    WTF ???

    Skippy is over-performing m8, good first season, indifferent second.

    what are you smoking btw ?

  20. #20
    Funny how? Max Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Underrated players

    Quote Originally Posted by Lubo #25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    Hmmm... I think I'd choose Skippy.
    WTF ???

    Skippy is over-performing m8, good first season, indifferent second.

    what are you smoking btw ?
    Skippy has been a far better all-round player this season.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •