Thread: New Madeline McCann suspect

Default New Madeline McCann suspect

For two years, the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has charted an erratic course from Leicestershire to Morocco in its efforts to trace her whereabouts. Yesterday, its focus moved to a German hospital where a convicted British paedophile is being treated for throat cancer.

Raymond Hewlett, 64, who is wanted in connection with at least two sexual assaults in England and Ireland, emerged as the latest "individual of interest" to private investigators hired by Kate and Gerry McCann after it was revealed he was living with his family an hour's drive from Praia da Luz, the Portuguese resort where the three-year-old disappeared on 3 May 2007.

The former Scots Guard, who has convictions for the abduction and indecent assault, including attempted rape, of girls in Britain dating back to 1972, did not feature on a list of paedophiles with links to Portugal drawn up in the aftermath of the disappearance.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: New Madeline McCann suspect

Makes you wonder why he's only a suspect now.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post
    I think after the McCanns were not happy with the way the Portuguese Police investigated the case, they hired there own Private Detectives. That could be why its taken till now to make him a suspect.

If so that's fucking shocking that this was never picked up by the Portuguese police.

If so that's fucking shocking that this was never picked up by the Portuguese police.
    Exactly. Things could have worked out very different...
    Last edited by Mr Discharge; 23-05-2009 at 02:51 AM.

There was a picture on the front of the mirror it was scary how much it looked like the suspe,ct sketch, i really hope things work out for them, its something that i dont think anyone could recover feel so sorry for the family

Two years, that's phenomenal, honestly doesn't seem that long. The guys been questioned before but provided an alibi and was let go. Hopefully it works out for them, can't see any positive outcome anymore though.

tbh i think she was dead as soon as it hit the media full force.

That could have been the death of her, imagine her kidnappers seeing the massive media interest, they would've shit it and probably just killed her. Terrible thing, feel for the family.

I think she could still be alive. She could look totaly different now and be living with a family anywhere in the world. Because she was so young when she was abducted she probably wont remember her real mum and dad. She could be living a new life with people as far as she knows are her real mum and dad. She might not even speak a word of English.

So do i unfortuatley even if they have find a really genuine suspect its going to near impossible to pin anything on them as there seems to be no dna evidence

The police were more concerned with trying to pin something on Kate and Gerry MccCnn that they let any dna evidence slip through their fingers, if that little girl is dead, and I pray she isnt, then the police have her blood on their hands. I just hope to god that the family recieve some kind of closure on the matter. unlike the poor mother of the little boy Ben who was abducted in greece at 3 years old , he would be 13/14 now, she still travels over every year with posters of what he would look like now.

Cheers Cashy!!!

Yeah I'm afraid they killed her and dumped the body as soon as it got so highly publicised, and the kidnappers knew how deep in shit they were. It might turn out that the worst thing the McCanns did was to create such a media storm about :-/

Its really sad, whatever happened that night, they lost a daughter that they probably will never get back

Madeleine McCann police chief found guilty of falsifying evidence

Goncalo Amaral, who was taken off the Madeleine McCann investigation after five months in 2007, was given an 18-month suspended jail sentence by a court in Portugal.

As one of the most senior detectives in Portugal's judicial police, Mr Amaral was put in charge when three-year-old Madeleine, from Rothley, Leics, vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal in May 2007.

His theory that she had died in an accident and her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, covered up her death and hid her body led to the couple being declared "arguidos" or official suspects in the case.

But he was taken off the case amid controversy over his handling of the investigation and took early retirement.

The McCanns were later cleared of any suspicion but Mr Amaral renewed his accusation is a recenth book about the case which is now the subject of a libel suit from the McCanns.

Mr Amaral has now been convicted of falsifying evidence to help cover up for three of his officers who were accused of torture.

He stood trial in relation to the investigation into the disappearance of eight-year-old Joana Cipriano from a village near Praia da Luz in 2004.

Her mother, Leonor, and uncle, Joao Cipriano, were convicted of murdering her, although her body was never found.

They later claimed they were tortured into confessing but police said that Mrs Cipriano tried to commit suicide by throwing herself off a staircase.

Three inspectors – Leonel Marques, Pereira Cristovao and Paulo Marques Bom – were cleared of torture after a seven-month trial at Faro Court in the Algarve.

The jury nevertheless found Mr Amaral guilty of falsifying documents to help cover for them.

A fifth officer, Antonio Nunes Cardoso, was found guilty of falsifying documents and was given a two-and-a-half year suspended jail sentence.

Outside court, Mr Amaral said he was not surprised by the verdict and blamed "political pressure".

He hinted that he is considering appealing.

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, declined to comment.

Dount it will matter now. Sadly I don't think her parents will ever see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I think she could still be alive. She could look totaly different now and be living with a family anywhere in the world. Because she was so young when she was abducted she probably wont remember her real mum and dad. She could be living a new life with people as far as she knows are her real mum and dad. She might not even speak a word of English.
    Read something about that too. Apparently if she is still alive, it's unlikely she'll remember much about her past at all and probably won't even respond when called Madeline.

I hope to God something positive can come out of this at long last. Even if it is only her family getting closure on what actually happened.

Exactly my thoughts this morning mate