Thread: Crosas the new Donati?

Default Crosas the new Donati?

Hey guys whats your views on crosas i for one got carried away with all the hype.

He started off great good eye for a pass plays well at home especially when the opposition camp on their own penalty box and gets plenty of space in the middle.

Away from home he seems a different story tighter pitches in not great condition and opposition more in his face, he seems to go missing and we get steam rolled through the center

It's bit unfair of me to judge him so quickly especially when he's trying to settle in too a new way of playing football, i just think that he's too small and wont have the presence to play in the dm position especially in the spl. i also think his passing is a lot more sideways now compared to when he first broke into the team he was a lot more positive. Thoughts?

Default Re: Crosas the new Donati?

Probably is overhyped tbh, especially after his goal in the St Mirren game. But since the OF when him and Hartley went AWOL, people are being more realistic about him i think.

Still, a great passer of the ball and a very composed player. There has been plenty of world-class DMs like Makelele and Lennon wasn't tall either. Not the finished product but an excellent prospect for me, look forward to seeing how he progresses next season.

If he came from Accrington Stanley, fans would be calling for his head imo.

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Mac View Post
    Probably is overhyped tbh, especially after his goal in the St Mirren game. But since the OF when him and Hartley went AWOL, people are being more realistic about him i think.

Still, a great passer of the ball and a very composed player. There has been plenty of world-class DMs like Makelele and Lennon wasn't tall either. Not the finished product but an excellent prospect for me, look forward to seeing how he progresses next season.
    Theres the thing,people expect too much from him imo he's still young

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbhoy View Post
    Hey guys whats your views on crosas i for one got carried away with all the hype.

He started off great good eye for a pass plays well at home especially when the opposition camp on their own penalty box and gets plenty of space in the middle.

Away from home he seems a different story tighter pitches in not great condition and opposition more in his face, he seems to go missing and we get steam rolled through the center

It's bit unfair of me to judge him so quickly especially when he's trying to settle in too a new way of playing football, i just think that he's too small and wont have the presence to play in the dm position especially in the spl. i also think his passing is a lot more sideways now compared to when he first broke into the team he was a lot more positive. Thoughts?
    It's early days, and I think he's due 6 months of next season before we make up our minds. But so far I agree with your analysis. I'd imagine he is a fantastic 7 a side player on astroturf, always got his head up and rolling it along the carpet - but in the hustle bustle of the SPL I'm not so sure.

I know what your saying dusty about lenny and makelele but they were strong, knock people of the ball and put a strong tackle in and lay down a marker to the opposition, whereas i just don think thats in his locker.

I think he's suit playing in a midfield 3 the same type of role as alonso for liverpool in the center pinging the ball about, if he had lenny behind him and broonie ahead of him

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    It's early days, and I think he's due 6 months of next season before we make up our minds. But so far I agree with your analysis. I'd imagine he is a fantastic 7 a side player on astroturf, always got his head up and rolling it along the carpet - but in the hustle bustle of the SPL I'm not so sure.
    Agree he definetly deserves another 6months at least, i just fear he has a lot in common with Donati, another 6 months and the possibility of a new manager and different system coming in might be just what he needs.

I think he plays a lot more negetivly now since when he first got here might be from the management you never know , i just find it wierd how when he first got here he was always looking up to get the ball forward now he's like the rest sideways or backwards

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbhoy View Post
    I know what your saying dusty about lenny and makelele but they were strong, knock people of the ball and put a strong tackle in and lay down a marker to the opposition, whereas i just don think thats in his locker.

I think he's suit playing in a midfield 3 the same type of role as alonso for liverpool in the center pinging the ball about, if he had lenny behind him and broonie ahead of him
    I agree, it's Lennon's strength we miss. I've said many times that I feel we are too powder puff in midfield. The other teams have found that if they go at us they can overrun us at times.
    Last edited by Martin; 22-05-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo

Maybe hes just still settling in but id say he was a bit overhyped coming from Barca and all that

Sadly, I have been right.

I told people not to be carried away and that he dissapears in games.

However he has looked great in a few games and I also said I think he will become at top player, but not overnight he has a lot to learn.

I think people dont realise how young he is. WGS said on a few occasions previously that he wasnt keen to give him much game time in his 1st year, it takes time to settle in, even coming from a big club.

I am going to stick my neck on the line and say he has shown enormous maturity this season, and has probably played above himself and his expectations. Give him a year, and I can personally guarantee he will show how good a player he is. If not, dig this thread up and slate me, but I reckon he is going to be worth a 10 for POTY next year, mark my words !!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopymo View Post

Theres the thing,people expect too much from him imo he's still young
    Exactly. Let's face it, if Donati was given the chance, I think he well could of been a great player for us. He scored some fantastic goals at the start of the season but with a dip of form never really got a chance again. Crosas is good but still has a lot to add to his game. Hopefully he can do this while being here, at Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    If he came from Accrington Stanley, fans would be calling for his head imo.
    Partly true, but the exact same goes to Aiden McGeady IMO.

i live in grangemouth ,but im from bo`ness

na i dont see it like this! i think crosas is a good player who will get better and i expect a better effort next season from him tbh!

as for donati! he is a good player but just cant do the damage in the spl? its not quite his style of play and it will be best for him to move on i think?
    god will have the final say,when your day of judgment comes!

Quote Originally Posted by alsybhoy View Post
    na i dont see it like this! i think crosas is a good player who will get better and i expect a better effort next season from him tbh!

as for donati! he is a good player but just cant do the damage in the spl? its not quite his style of play and it will be best for him to move on i think?
    Yep, seems to get caught with the ball way to often thinking he has more time than he actually has. In Italy, this might be ok but not in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys Dont Cry View Post

Yep, seems to get caught with the ball way to often thinking he has more time than he actually has. In Italy, this might be ok but not in Scotland.
    i feel sorry for him mate ! you can see he tries but he just cant adapt to speed and physiacality of the scottish game!

i feel sorry for him mate ! you can see he tries but he just cant adapt to speed and physiacality of the scottish game!
    Exactly, but I suppose that's football. He clearly can't cut it in Scotland, even after a good looking start. Hopefully we can get a decent return for him, another one of the wage bill!

Exactly, but I suppose that's football. He clearly can't cut it in Scotland, even after a good looking start. Hopefully we can get a decent return for him, another one of the wage bill!
    well i think he is defo away this season anyway and going back to italy? i wish him well though i

No hes a great player in my opinion, will be our midfield for years to come hopefully him and broony