Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This season

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: This season

No danger we sign a GK. Rodgers gave his mate Dorus a contract extension at xmas despite being shite, so we have him for another year. Bain just signed so unless Gordon leaves, which he won't, we're not gonna have 4 keepers on the books.

I think Dembele, Armstrong and Rogic will leave. Think we will be disappointed with all three fees as well as the latter 2 are in their final year and, well our fans have some fantasy values of Dembele really.

With Christie, Morgan and Hayes back in the team rightly or wrongly I don't think midfield will be a priority. Would be very happy with McGinn but can see him going down south instead. We'll sign Edouard so it really leaves CB and RB to spend the money on but will probably still exit the window with a fairly large net profit.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    No danger we sign a GK. Rodgers gave his mate Dorus a contract extension at xmas despite being shite, so we have him for another year. Bain just signed so unless Gordon leaves, which he won't, we're not gonna have 4 keepers on the books.

I think Dembele, Armstrong and Rogic will leave. Think we will be disappointed with all three fees as well as the latter 2 are in their final year and, well our fans have some fantasy values of Dembele really.

With Christie, Morgan and Hayes back in the team rightly or wrongly I don't think midfield will be a priority. Would be very happy with McGinn but can see him going down south instead. We'll sign Edouard so it really leaves CB and RB to spend the money on but will probably still exit the window with a fairly large net profit.
    Agree we will leave the window with a big net profit but still reckon we will have a lot to spend. Dembele going for £20 million minimum and us getting in Edouard for a quarter of the price leaves a huge chunk of money. And for Armstrong they will get in more than they would have to spend on McGinn. Rumour is Rogic is signing an Armstrongesque one-year extension. They won't want much more disruption than that in forward areas.

Plenty left to go for the defenders and GK required. Gordon may be the one who leaves rather than DDV. He certainly is the only one we would get a small fee for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    If we continue to progress the way we have we will get last 16 football. CL record is 4th in 2016/17 and 3rd in 2017/8 so you have to figure 2018/19 will be 2cnd.

Whatever the case may be I reckon we have gotten better in Europe. With some big money spent on the defence we will be better equipped next season, and probably won't get a group of death, like we have in the last two. Defence is where I would push all our funds this close season. We have to replace guys going out, like Moussa and Armstrong, but a new CB, RB and GK should be priority.
    I don't share the same enthusiasm towards Europe tbh. I think we were a bit lucky this year that Anderlecht were going through an extremely bad run when we first met them.

Astana showed how vulnerable we are in defence in the 2nd leg and Zenit 2nd leg shown us how poor we are at the back and how nervous we can get as a team when closed down quicker.

some huge improvements are needed for europe.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

For a board that like to sign young and sell, all about cheap deals etc. I've been surprised at the lack of bosman deals we have had in recent years. You always see guys going for free or cheap in last year of their deal and i don't feel we have exploited this enough tbh.

there has been some decent players in these categories for our standard and it's the perfect opportunity to use the transfer fee money you save and put it towards the wage for a better quality of player you can get for cheaper or free.