Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: This season

  1. #1
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default This season

    Yesterday makes up for it all but over the course of the season we havenít won more than 3 consecutive SPL games and our top scorers are in 9. That canít be right can it?
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

    Celtic - more than just a club

    1312

    Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

  2. #2
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Yesterday makes up for it all but over the course of the season we haven’t won more than 3 consecutive SPL games and our top scorers are in 9. That can’t be right can it?
    The league campaign has been shite but such is the magnitude of the Glasgow Derby it makes up for it for most of us. Mind you we played pretty poorly in the 0-0 and 3-2 games too.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

  3. #3
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: This season

    The way we have played overall has been poor but the last three games against the huns have been good.
    3-2. The way we won and all the talk of a title race
    4-0. Then cheering when they drew us.
    Yesterday just putting them on their place.

    As bad as we have been overall this season though, those stats surprised me

  4. #4
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: This season

    We've done well in the cups which has set us up for a treble. That's good. But solely the league performance has been very underwhelming. Whenever you say this people start rambling about last seasn for some reason, as if you are comparing it to that. But I'm not. We haven't played well in the league this year at all. Look at the actual state of the huns yet we only won it with 3 games to go.

    The same people who pretend they only care about winning the trophies are the ones who moaned about Deila, who won trophies.

  5. #5

    Default Re: This season

    On paper this season has been excellent. been a ticking off boxes kinda season. However I think some of our flaws and weaknesses in the side started to come to light.

    The biggest issue is the defence and has been since Deila. If we can sort that out I think we will be a very hard team to stop.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

    Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

  6. #6
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    The biggest issue is the defence and has been since Deila. If we can sort that out I think we will be a very hard team to stop.
    That's the biggest issue personnel wise. The bigger issue is spending 90% of our season passing the ball backwards and sideways for no actual reason. Going out of our way to put our most error prone players under pressure.

  7. #7

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    That's the biggest issue personnel wise. The bigger issue is spending 90% of our season passing the ball backwards and sideways for no actual reason. Going out of our way to put our most error prone players under pressure.
    100% - strangely though in the huns games we seem to be more willing to use our striker as a target man for some long balls if needed. Noticed more long balls in recent weeks than ever before.

    obviously just punting the ball anywhere is no good as a tactic but good to see us using different option than just a 5 yard pass recently and it worked a treat.

  8. #8

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    On paper this season has been excellent. been a ticking off boxes kinda season. However I think some of our flaws and weaknesses in the side started to come to light.

    The biggest issue is the defence and has been since Deila. If we can sort that out I think we will be a very hard team to stop.
    The way we play means we will always concede chances. We get away with it more in Scotland but not so much in Europe. I think Rodgers is going to have to reconsider next season in Europe and go for a different style. Which basically will mean not allowing our full/wing backs to bomb on as much.

    As for the domestic form and season in general, we've went back a fair bit from last season which was always going to happen. However when we've had a "big" game, we've turned up and usually destroyed, never mind beaten, whoever that was. The away win at Aberdeen was excellent and for me, that put the rest of the league back in it's place.

  9. #9

    Default Re: This season

    Brilliant season. Stood up every time it mattered.

    The dropped points this season were obviously a hang over from all the games in the past two season's, and the unbeaten run especially took its toll on the players. Expect it to even off next year and us to have 90 plus, or maybe even 100, points at end of the season.

    We go again and the treble treble is very much the aim for the season.

  10. #10

    Default Re: This season

    Players looked knackered before hearts gubbed us and we were poor right up to huns 0-0, try to remember you moaning cunts niall/euskadi the stat that at hogmanay KT had played more games than any player in europe and more of our players were in the top 10 for games played. Our players arn't machines. My main worry for the season was the away capitulation at zenit within 10mins and why the fuck we signed compper
    KT, "All I think about is Celtic"

  11. #11

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    The league campaign has been shite but such is the magnitude of the Glasgow Derby it makes up for it for most of us. Mind you we played pretty poorly in the 0-0 and 3-2 games too.
    For fans brought up alongside those peepul, especially us that suffered through their nine the sweetness of our results over them does make up a lot for deficiencies elsewhere, I've sat at bigotdome when we've been gubbed and not looked like scoring, enjoy our dominance, 5 trebles in 129 years but we're on a double treble

  12. #12
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    try to remember you moaning cunts niall/euskadi the stat that at hogmanay KT had played more games than any player in europe and more of our players were in the top 10 for games played.
    I never once complained about Tierney's performances. Don't embarrass yourself.

  13. #13
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Players looked knackered before hearts gubbed us and we were poor right up to huns 0-0, try to remember you moaning cunts niall/euskadi the stat that at hogmanay KT had played more games than any player in europe and more of our players were in the top 10 for games played. Our players arn't machines. My main worry for the season was the away capitulation at zenit within 10mins and why the fuck we signed compper
    Stupid post from a stupid cunt who as usual didn’t read fully the posts he was replying to

  14. #14
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Brilliant season. Stood up every time it mattered.

    The dropped points this season were obviously a hang over from all the games in the past two season's, and the unbeaten run especially took its toll on the players. Expect it to even off next year and us to have 90 plus, or maybe even 100, points at end of the season.

    We go again and the treble treble is very much the aim for the season.
    I’m talking solely about our spl form. Not Europe or cups. Not winning more than 3 consecutive games all season is not a good stat. Our top scorer being on 9 does not make good reading either

  15. #15

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    I’m talking solely about our spl form. Not Europe or cups. Not winning more than 3 consecutive games all season is not a good stat. Our top scorer being on 9 does not make good reading either
    Our SPL form has to be contextualised with everything else. The unbeaten run and the back-to-back trebles mean we are going to drop off somewhere. Losing points against SPL muck means nothing. Two trebles in succession can only be read as a marvellous and unprecedented success.

  16. #16
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: This season

    Why do you keep talking about losing points? Most people's issue is with the shite football even in games we have won

  17. #17

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Stupid post from a stupid cunt who as usual didn’t read fully the posts he was replying to
    No you were talking about our poor performances and KT suffered like most of the team before Christmas, selecting a single point to refute what I said just doesn't work

  18. #18

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Stupid post from a stupid cunt who as usual didn’t read fully the posts he was replying to
    Stupid cunt, is that language you use when bullying weans, won't work with me, get back to being dissatisfied with our team

  19. #19

    Default Re: This season

    Someone mentioned an open top bus parade before Browns testimonial if we get the treble, anyone else know about this, I know Glasgow allows orange walks, but fenians on a bus surely not

  20. #20
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: This season

    Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    No you were talking about our poor performances and KT suffered like most of the team before Christmas, selecting a single point to refute what I said just doesn't work
    I was talking about the fact we hadn’t won more than 3 consecutive games and our top scorer has only 9spl goals. Those stats surprised me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •