Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer window 2018

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Summer transfer window 2018

Good signing. Not going to count it as one of our summer transfers though
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

The Sun are also reporting that we are favourites to sign Joe Hart. I'm not sure if his contract is up or not but he's meant to be on over 100k per week with some reports saying its nearer 150k. So that will be one reason it's not going to happen, the other being he's absolutely gash as well.

Good deal for Bain, to be fair. He's not a bad choice for a number 2 and will be more than competent at SPL level. I think his distribution is a lot better than Gordon's but his shot stopping not so much.

Honestly wouldn't be too averse to having Hart here either, tbh, he might be prone to a blunder or two but he's still better than most keepers in the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Good deal for Bain, to be fair. He's not a bad choice for a number 2 and will be more than competent at SPL level. I think his distribution is a lot better than Gordon's but his shot stopping not so much.
    Agreed. Gordon has wonder saves in his locker that Bain does not, however I don't see Bain making stupid mistakes like Gordon does. The way we play domestically, the only pressure our keeper has to endure is self inflicted by our tactics so you're better off with someone who doesn't create chances for the opposition. Maybe in Europe you need that wonder save, although Gordon has let us down quite a few times there too.

Ki is leaving Swansea after they were relegated. I was glad we sold him for the money we did as he was (or should have been) down the pecking order of a great midfield at the time and I think he lacked the bottle of Scottish football. I think the game has changed a bit now though, less hatchet men and hunnery going on. Would take him back for the position next to Brown (who might feature less next season).

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Ki is leaving Swansea after they were relegated. I was glad we sold him for the money we did as he was (or should have been) down the pecking order of a great midfield at the time and I think he lacked the bottle of Scottish football. I think the game has changed a bit now though, less hatchet men and hunnery going on. Would take him back for the position next to Brown (who might feature less next season).
    Nah, fuck that.

Ntcham plays that position and failing that then the likes of McGregor can step in. We are supposed to be bidding for McGinn this summer. Ki was pish.

I would be surprised if McGregor excels again next season. He's had a great year but I don't think he's Celtic class, and we have seen players have very contrasting seasons so he could be another. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Think Ki has improved since we sold him too

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I would be surprised if McGregor excels again next season. He's had a great year but I don't think he's Celtic class, and we have seen players have very contrasting seasons so he could be another. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Think Ki has improved since we sold him too
    McGregor is a good player and is easily good enough for our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    McGregor is a good player and is easily good enough for our squad.
    Yip he will keep grinding out 40/50 games a season for the foreseeable future. Unsung hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Yip he will keep grinding out 40/50 games a season for the foreseeable future. Unsung hero.
    He's really kicked on this year. Ki I liked but we don't need him and I was happy with the 6m? we got for him
    KT, "All I think about is Celtic"

Ki Seung Yeung is just a slightly better Nir Bitton.

I'm actually surprised Bitton has stayed as long because I think he could make it down south in a 5 man midfield being a deep sideways passer. Pretty much what Ki is good at.

I think Ki would suit Rodgers system better than Lennons the last time as it was more physical. McGregor for me is quicker, better dribbler, offers more going forward.

Ki is pretty much just a good passer and a very occasional long shot, exactly like Biton.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Ki Seung Yeung is just a slightly better Nir Bitton.

I'm actually surprised Bitton has stayed as long because I think he could make it down south in a 5 man midfield being a deep sideways passer. Pretty much what Ki is good at.

I think Ki would suit Rodgers system better than Lennons the last time as it was more physical. McGregor for me is quicker, better dribbler, offers more going forward.

Ki is pretty much just a good passer and a very occasional long shot, exactly like Biton.
    Something about Bitton in the papers recently. Can't mind exactly but sure the jist is he will be sticking around as Brendan rates him for his versatility. Him getting minutes ahead of Kouassi the other day spoke volumes. Personally I would chase him.

Totally agree with the Bitton/Ki thing. Ki is Bitton with a better shot.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-exit-12547747

Musonda will not be returning next season. Now people knew my opinion when he first came and his first few appearances were very poor considering the reputation he came with.

apparently some english cunts nan can score 30 in the SPL but Musonda can't even get a game.

Good luck to the boy, I like his attitude. Our fans over the top reaction to getting him made us look like a pub team, was different when we got Bellamy or Robbie Keane cos they 2 were actually proven players.

Musonda was still in development and imo the unrealistic expectation didn't give him a chance to settle in properly in the long term.

Another shite transfer

A disaster of a window as it was said to be by most of us on here. Not one player you would say is going to be big next season.

Other than bringing in Brendan Rodgers Celtic have done nothing ambitious in over a decade.

Don't expect much to change this window really. The mystery of stockpiling money continues.

Every window is a shite window if you sign players then refuse to play them.

Rodgers has signed 17 players for us. Only 5 of those have featured regularly

He's not done too badly in his signing, imo, and the players who have made it have made the difference last season and this.

Dembele – great signing
    Gamboa – not so great
    Sinclair – great signing
    Toure – old pals act but seems to be a decent one in the coaching staff
    De Vries – old pals act again but overall a pretty shit signing
    Roberts – was brilliant his first season and unlucky with injuries and a very in form Forrest this season
    Kouassi – strange one. Looks good when I’ve saw him but doesn’t seem to have much of a look in
    Benyu – shit signing. Can’t even break into Oldham’s team
    Ntcham – great signing and looks to be going from strength to strength
    Hayes – I rated him when he was at the sheep but was really unlucky to get that leg break. Time will tell but I think he’ll only be decent at SPL level
    Edouard – looks a good signing and I personally would like to see him sign permanently
    Hendry – looks good but, like Hayes, possibly only at SPL level.
    Bain – good number 2 to have
    Compper – the most baffling of all signings Rodgers has made. Brought in specifically for CL qualifiers (according to Rodgers) and has just seemingly vanished off the surface of the earth.
    Morgan – don’t know much and haven’t saw him play much. Time will tell
    Musonda – pish

Next season we are looking at Christie and Morgan coming in, not into starting 11 but in the squad.

for me the most bizarre one was Hayes, we gave them Mackay-Steven who although flopped here is an overall better player for our system than Hayes. We also paid them 1.2 million for Hayes, who was never going to get in our team.

Compper as well, literally pointless. I'll be in shock if he is still here next season, never heard of a 32 year old experienced player who needs to come in and develop before getting a game.

We play the safe financial game and we get a few gems doing it, but just imagine if we showed a bit of ambition.

Next season we are looking at Christie and Morgan coming in, not into starting 11 but in the squad.

for me the most bizarre one was Hayes, we gave them Mackay-Steven who although flopped here is an overall better player for our system than Hayes. We also paid them 1.2 million for Hayes, who was never going to get in our team.

Compper as well, literally pointless. I'll be in shock if he is still here next season, never heard of a 32 year old experienced player who needs to come in and develop before getting a game.

We play the safe financial game and we get a few gems doing it, but just imagine if we showed a bit of ambition.
    I think the thing with MacKay Stevens is solely down to confidence. He's a great wee player on his day but seems to lack faith in his own abilities and he lets the head go down too easily and that's never going to fit in well with Rodgers' ethos. Hayes, while probably less skillful, seems to have more of a confident manner about himself.

for me the most bizarre one was Hayes, we gave them Mackay-Steven who although flopped here is an overall better player for our system than Hayes.
    Why do you say that? Hayes looks a lot more suited to the wingback, or at least tracking back and defending role than GMS and BR seems to like that.

It's also not that bizarre because like a few other transfers he was mates with Rodgers.