Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer window 2018

Default Summer transfer window 2018

Started this as I hope he's our first summer signing

Rodgers on signing Edouard,

A very, very good chance, hopefully. He wants to be here. It will be a case of hopefully getting an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain. We will finish the season and then see where we are with that.
    Hes a brilliant player. I think some were questioning his ability when he first came but this is a player who was brought in for a reason

Edouard,

I love this club and if the decision was up to me I would like to stay, but I can only do so much. Certainly, I am going to remember this all my life because it is my first title.
    I am very happy for the team and myself, and to be able to win the title against Zombies in front of our fans is a pleasure for everyone.

Get him signed
    KT, "All I think about is Celtic"

Default Re: Summer transfer window 2018

Sounds like it's all going to be down to whether or not the board will sanction a record breaking deal. I can see Dembele being for the offski so we can use some of the money from that on French Eddie and we've got the perfect replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Sounds like it's all going to be down to whether or not the board will sanction a record breaking deal. I can see Dembele being for the offski so we can use some of the money from that on French Eddie and we've got the perfect replacement.
    They won't have to. Rodgers himself said last week that the pre agreed figure is nowhere near the reported 8m and is a lot less. I reckon, and I'm guessing here, it will be around the 4m mark.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

I thought Rodgers actually said there is no agreement in place anyway. Or a first-refusal at best.

I don't think he's worth 7 or 8m really, as we've got strikers in the past for a lot less than that who have done very well, but the fact he has been training with the team for a year is added value for us. Might save us doing the usual thing with new signings where we refuse to play them for months
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I thought Rodgers actually said there is no agreement in place anyway. Or a first-refusal at best.

I don't think he's worth 7 or 8m really, as we've got strikers in the past for a lot less than that who have done very well, but the fact he has been training with the team for a year is added value for us. Might save us doing the usual thing with new signings where we refuse to play them for months
    I'd say in todays market between 5 and 7 is fair for him. He is only 20 and looks about on par with Dembele who we rate as 20mil plus. So even if you spend 7mil, yer going to get that back in a few years easily.

We could sign another 500k striker but what if it turns out to be another Pukki. Then Dembele and Odsonne are away and Griffiths is our only man and he has had a few issues with his calf lately.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    I'd say in todays market between 5 and 7 is fair for him. He is only 20 and looks about on par with Dembele who we rate as 20mil plus. So even if you spend 7mil, yer going to get that back in a few years easily.
    People's judgement will be a bit clouded atm since he scored a brace yesterday but the reality is Zombies are fucking abysmal. Scoring three goals in two games against Russel Martin doesn't make anyone worth fuck all really. And other than that and that hattrick against Partick or someone he hasn't really done much, albeit with limited chances.

Not slating the guy as I would like to have him next season, and would not mind if we did pay that price but he hasn't shown more than the likes of McDonald who we bought for less than a mil which is my point.

People's judgement will be a bit clouded atm since he scored a brace yesterday but the reality is Zombies are fucking abysmal. Scoring three goals in two games against Russel Martin doesn't make anyone worth fuck all really. And other than that and that hattrick against Partick or someone he hasn't really done much, albeit with limited chances.

Not slating the guy as I would like to have him next season, and would not mind if we did pay that price but he hasn't shown more than the likes of McDonald who we bought for less than a mil which is my point.
    tbf I said I wanted him signing before he scored any goal against the huns.

I wouldn't compare him with McDonald though who was really a poacher, kris boyd type. Albeit very good, but guys like Odsonne have the attributes to do well up front alone. McDonald liked to feed off guys like Vennegoor and cleaned up well.

not even just Odsonne though, but the price tag itself is something we should be willing to do. If we earn 15-20mil for a player, then we should be willing to use a bigger % of that cash to replace the player or another area in the team.

like if we get a good bosman or Dembele style deal for 500k then we have more cash for a CB or something.

Do we know how much we made off the VVD deal yet?

Do we know how much we made off the VVD deal yet?
    no heard an official number yet, would be interesting to find out. Jameey woulda knew it.

We are losing players this window so that will be a massive factor in what we do here. Armstrong, Dembele and Simunovic all look definite for the off. They'd need replaced and added with that we absolutely have to buy a RB.

Edouard is Dembele's ready made replacement. Big guy must be signed up.

I have no doubt Lawwell will serve up the usual disappointments so no point getting hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    We are losing players this window so that will be a massive factor in what we do here. Armstrong, Dembele and Simunovic all look definite for the off. They'd need replaced and added with that we absolutely have to buy a RB.

Edouard is Dembele's ready made replacement. Big guy must be signed up.

I have no doubt Lawwell will serve up the usual disappointments so no point getting hopes up.
    If Lawwell fucks us and Rodgers over this season he should be hounded out.

Supposedly in for some wee kid from Liverpool - Rhian Brewster. 18 year old forward who has apparently scored something like 20 in 22 games for their youth side, been on the bench a couple of times for Klopp but not had any game time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhian_Brewster

Supposedly in for some wee kid from Liverpool - Rhian Brewster. 18 year old forward who has apparently scored something like 20 in 22 games for their youth side, been on the bench a couple of times for Klopp but not had any game time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhian_Brewster
    Seen that yesterday and Klopp is meant to rate him highly but I'm not sure why we need another striker tbh unless it's a definite that at least one of them is leaving. I know Eduoard is on loan but I think we may try bring him in. If Dembele doesn't go soon then next season is potentially career defining for him but if he does go, it's not another loan we need.

Even though things are going well for us atm, a quick glance into the future could see us losing Dembele, Edouard, Roberts and Armstrong. Commper has been a complete failure as well and we're also in need of another right back and arguably one who'll start ahead of Lustig. We could be looking at a big squad overhaul in the summer and it better not be filled with loanees.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Seen that yesterday and Klopp is meant to rate him highly but I'm not sure why we need another striker tbh unless it's a definite that at least one of them is leaving. I know Eduoard is on loan but I think we may try bring him in. If Dembele doesn't go soon then next season is potentially career defining for him but if he does go, it's not another loan we need.

Even though things are going well for us atm, a quick glance into the future could see us losing Dembele, Edouard, Roberts and Armstrong. Commper has been a complete failure as well and we're also in need of another right back and arguably one who'll start ahead of Lustig. We could be looking at a big squad overhaul in the summer and it better not be filled with loanees.
    Add Rogic to the list of possible aways too.

I do think Dembele will be away this summer so hopefully we can get French Eddie in on a permo and sign another striker, then I wouldn't be too fussed if we brought this kid in on loan. 100% agree though that this summer window better not be filled with loans.

Add Rogic to the list of possible aways too.

I do think Dembele will be away this summer so hopefully we can get French Eddie in on a permo and sign another striker, then I wouldn't be too fussed if we brought this kid in on loan. 100% agree though that this summer window better not be filled with loans.
    brendans supposed to have 15-20m to spend and that's before we punt someone

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    brendans supposed to have 15-20m to spend and that's before we punt someone
    We have heard this the past two summers, and even though we actually have the 20 million sitting in the bank I don't think they will spend it. For whatever reason* they are banking money and sticking to the old conservative transfer policy, evidenced by Commper and Musonda in the window past.

Not saying we won't spend 15-20 million this summer but it will be from selling the likes of Dembele and Armstrong. Be very, very surprised if we have a net spend at all this summer.

* Reasons we are banking this money could be the hotel, museum, stadium upgrade, historic and hidden debts or we are waiting on the Rearangers coming.

If Celtic want to spend 15-20m the options are to spend it on a few 5m players or get massively ripped off for slightly dearer players e.g. spend 12m on a 6m player. A player genuinely worth 10m+ is going to be wanted by, and want to sign for a club down south or a bigger club in Europe.

Musunda has been sent back to Chelsea because he is "injured" lol. People actually thought we'd see him play during this time

Musunda has been sent back to Chelsea because he is "injured" lol. People actually thought we'd see him play during this time
    I thought he had potential at first. But he is missing
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Bain our first signing on a 4 year deal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast