Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: Hibs (A)

  1. #41
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    You have posted more about this than the Hun game last week.
    What relevance do you think this has to anything? I posted more about it because I was out on a mad one all last weekend but wasn't this weekend
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

  2. #42

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    What relevance do you think this has to anything? I posted more about it because I was out on a mad one all last weekend but wasn't this weekend
    You get more excited about perceived failure than you do with our unprecedented success.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    So if I'm every single game we scored early then just stood there for 89 mins, winning them all 1-0,that would still be a great season for you because we won?
    Fuck aye we're a football club winning competitions is what we're about, I'd prefer we played like barca but would take 1 nil wins for the treble next season

  4. #44
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Take it you don't waste time even watching the games then? Why bother, just check the results after and make sure we've won.

  5. #45
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    If we win next weekend - for the 11th time in a row - against the Orcs then all this talk will be put to bed again. Just like it was last week and after the 3-2 game.

    Folk have to realise that our players cannot continually get themselves up for nothing games, like Hibs, when the league is over. It was so obvious we would struggle against them after the efforts against the Huns last week.

    As I have said these are the days of our lives. Suck it up and enjoy it because we will never be as dominant as we are right this minute.
    The game against Hibs was hardly a nothing game
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

    Celtic - more than just a club

    1312

    Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

  6. #46

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Take it you don't waste time even watching the games then? Why bother, just check the results after and make sure we've won.
    no drive 200 miles to see us win, preferably in style but would still take us winning the treble next season winning every game i nil

  7. #47
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Fair enough if you want to settle for that. I'll take us winning it by playing good football like we did for most of last season. I'd rather lose a few games and play great football in the rest than be bored off my tits until the full time whistle.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    no drive 200 miles to see us win, preferably in style but would still take us winning the treble next season winning every game i nil
    This all day long. We took our eye off the ball a lot this season but when it mattered we consistently stepped up. CL qualifiers, domestic cup fixtures and Hun games we were bang on it every time.

    This will only be our fifth treble ever. That we dropped some points along the way will not even be a footnote in the history books.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    This all day long. We took our eye off the ball a lot this season but when it mattered we consistently stepped up. CL qualifiers, domestic cup fixtures and Hun games we were bang on it every time.

    This will only be our fifth treble ever. That we dropped some points along the way will not even be a footnote in the history books.
    except the Europa League which we bottled big time.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

    Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

  10. #50
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    How did we bottle the Europa League big time lol calm yourself. Won at home and lost away to a team that spent vast sums of money.

    This will only be our fifth treble ever. That we dropped some points along the way will not even be a footnote in the history books.
    Dropped points aren't the issue

  11. #51

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    How did we bottle the Europa League big time lol calm yourself. Won at home and lost away to a team that spent vast sums of money.


    Dropped points aren't the issue
    don't give a fuck about their money, they were pish and there for the taking.
    We had the lead and threw it away on sloppy defending. That is the definition of bottling it.

    if we are just going to moan about another teams money as if we can't beat them, then why even enter the competitions?

  12. #52
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    don't give a fuck about their money, they were pish and there for the taking.
    As the underdogs, we were also there for the taking. It's pretty inconsequential if you don't give a fuck about money because the rest of the known universe does.

    We had the lead and threw it away on sloppy defending. That is the definition of bottling it.
    Winning at home and losing away is not bottling it lol. If the legs had been in the other order would we have "bottled it" or would we have just failed to turn over an away loss, as is commonplace in European football.

    if we are just going to moan about another teams money as if we can't beat them, then why even enter the competitions?
    I haven't moaned about anyone's money.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    As the underdogs, we were also there for the taking. It's pretty inconsequential if you don't give a fuck about money because the rest of the known universe does.


    Winning at home and losing away is not bottling it lol. If the legs had been in the other order would we have "bottled it" or would we have just failed to turn over an away loss, as is commonplace in European football.


    I haven't moaned about anyone's money.
    The money thing is an exaggeration. They spent 100 million. about 50 of that was spent on 2 players. They are sitting 4th in their league and have consistently lost to the better sides they came up against.

    Spending money doesn't always mean you have the best team, nor make you favourites.

    If Zenit were so good, why the fuck were they not in the Champions League? They can't even win their league.

    Celtic fans do this all the time when we were pish, first PSG were the best team in the universe cos they pumped us. Now Zenits money means we had no right to beat them... Just accept Celtic fucked it.

    Totally bottled in the Europa.

  14. #54
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    The money thing is an exaggeration. They spent 100 million. about 50 of that was spent on 2 players.
    Did you mean to type these two statements next to each other? 50 million on two players. We're lucky to spend 50m on 10 players.

    Spending money doesn't always mean you have the best team, nor make you favourites.
    That's fine, we can pretend it doesn't. They were still favourites for mysterious reasons we'll never know.

    If Zenit were so good, why the fuck were they not in the Champions League?
    Bizarre statement. I never said they were CL quality I said they were better than us.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Did you mean to type these two statements next to each other? 50 million on two players. We're lucky to spend 50m on 10 players.


    That's fine, we can pretend it doesn't. They were still favourites for mysterious reasons we'll never know.


    Bizarre statement. I never said they were CL quality I said they were better than us.
    Aye I did, as they had like 2 big signings. The rest of their squad isn't much better than ours.

    Aye, spending money can make a big difference, IF you get the right players and right blend of squad with the correct manager to do so. It's about a lot more than just money spent.

    Aye, in terms of Champions League that's never going to happen for us but in terms of Europa League there isn't a real reason up until the latter stages.

    Also not just the fact we lost, it's the way we lost. Sloppy as fuck defending, failing to play a 5 yard pass etc. Fucking bottling it.

    Bottling it isn't just about if you lose, it's how you play, they played sloppy and scared in the 2nd leg against a team we are more than capable of matching.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Celticboy has a point. A few times we have played Russian teams who had spent mega money and they weren't up too much. I suppose when you spend 12 million on Aiden McGeady you don't expect much bang for your buck.

  17. #57
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Celticboy has a point. A few times we have played Russian teams who had spent mega money and they weren't up too much. I suppose when you spend 12 million on Aiden McGeady you don't expect much bang for your buck.
    I don't think Spartak have been one of the heavy spenders in Russia, like Zenit and Anzhi were. The last time we played them they had the likes of Kallstrom in for 1-2m and a few few transfers as well. Also 'not up to much' does them a bit of a disservice, they were decent. We got a good away win and a penalty salvaged a home draw.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I don't think Spartak have been one of the heavy spenders in Russia, like Zenit and Anzhi were. The last time we played them they had the likes of Kallstrom in for 1-2m and a few few transfers as well. Also 'not up to much' does them a bit of a disservice, they were decent. We got a good away win and a penalty salvaged a home draw.
    The point he is making though is that for big name players to move to Russia then the Russian sides usually need to pay over the odds to get them, no cunt wants to play in Russia. Even then the players they get are either younger, promising ones or ones who just weren't quite making it at big sides.

    pretty similar to our signing policy except casting a larger net in terms of spend.

    example. 15 mil Euros on Sebastian Druissi - Striker - 24 games, 4 goals.
    Emanuel Mammana - 15mil CB - He was absolutely shite against us in first leg, didn't have much to do 2nd. He got dropped from the Lyon side.
    Rigoni - 9mil Euros - Hasn't always had starts at Zenit. Made 9 starts in the league.

    3 guys still young and still got developing to do, but 30mil Euros for they 2? looks good on paper in terms of value when yer saying "Zenit spent this much"

    Their only 2 big signings who have made a major impact is Paredes and Kranevitter. 2 good players. Funnily enough Kranevitter was 8mil Euros.

    So transfer value doesn't always translate into actual ability except when you are talking about the most expensive players on the market, as these are easily identified as the worlds greatest players such as Ronaldo and Neymar.

    For the rest though it doesn't work out that way, or maybe Tore Andre Flo woulda been the best player Scotlands seen in modern era and not 700k Henrik Larsson.

  19. #59
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Hibs (A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    The point he is making though is that for big name players to move to Russia then the Russian sides usually need to pay over the odds to get them, no cunt wants to play in Russia. Even then the players they get are either younger, promising ones or ones who just weren't quite making it at big sides.
    Hmm sounds familiar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •