Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hibs (A)

Default Re: Hibs (A)

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Huns lose tomorrow and we win without kicking a ball or even winning that weekend. Would be quite fitting for what has been a dreary as fuck slog of a season.
    Jesus man you need to chill

Next week you will be absolutely buzzing when we hammer the huns 5-1 again to win the league.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Jesus man you need to chill

Next week you will be absolutely buzzing when we hammer the huns 5-1 again to win the league.
    lol imagine that, unhappy with dozens of shite performances but happy with big wins in big games.

What are your memories of this season? For me it's the 3-2 and 4-0 vs the Huns, Zenit home game and Anderlecht game and 5-0 Astana and the rest has been pretty terrible.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Sheep are currently winning 2-0 at Killie which means that a win next week gives us the title. Assuming that Killie don't score 3 without reply of course.

Have to agree with Euskadi. It hasn’t been a great season. After last season it was always gonna be a come down but there’s been too many abject performances this year
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

Celtic - more than just a club

Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

lol imagine that, unhappy with dozens of shite performances but happy with big wins in big games.

What are your memories of this season? For me it's the 3-2 and 4-0 vs the Huns, Zenit home game and Anderlecht game and 5-0 Astana and the rest has been pretty terrible.
    League Cup final? Beating Aberdeen each and every time they bother to show up.. The motherwell draw to keep the unbeaten run going had the adrenaline pumping tbf aswell as the ones you mentioned.

Last season was a one off, incredible it was, we were spoiled. This season, to think a treble isn't even a 'high' is fucking insane tbh
    Last edited by Keano_7; 21-04-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Wasn't arsed about losing today anyway, not even to get it up the huns but also to get it up the rid neck of an SFA whofucked about with the split fixtures so much. Good for that to bite them a bit.

On the day though, Boyata for the first goal. Had a choice, mark the man or the space to intercept. Done neither. It was a good low cross but fuck me he is a man down.

Next one he stands about 10 yards off a guy who is about to cross it in! close the angle for fuck sake. The cunt could have crossed it around either side of him.

I actually burst out laughing at that point, the other one I was laughing at was when he got put on his arse before Barker even got the chance to do his stepover hahahahaha.

Jack Hendry is just as bad btw, but at least he is young and hopefully can grow into a player. Boyata is nearly 28 for fuck sake.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

You are off your skull, mate.

Another whitewash over the Huns and a treble and you are greeting?

These are the days of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Have to agree with Euskadi. It hasn’t been a great season. After last season it was always gonna be a come down but there’s been too many abject performances this year
    Jesus, mate. Not a great season? Come on, man. Winning the league alone is a good season. A treble is as good as it can get.

Celtic fans are getting spoiled. That two intelligent guys like you and Euskadi fail to recognise that not meeting last season's impossible standards does not make this a bad season is fairly shocking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Jesus, mate. Not a great season? Come on, man. Winning the league alone is a good season. A treble is as good as it can get
    See I'm not talking about the achievement of the season as whole, just specifically actual games. These are the things I wake up for at 7am or take an afternoon of work for, and for the large part they have been awful this season. Even games we've won. Maybe it is being spoilt, but that's what supporting Celtic is like, it's a different environment. It's not about just winning. It wasn't about that when Jock Stein was manager either. It's also got nothing to do with last season.

You are off your skull, mate.

Another whitewash over the Huns and a treble and you are greeting?

These are the days of our lives.
    Those are exactly the games I said were great. I enjoyed those games immensely, days I will remember for a long long time. But it doesn't mean the vast majority of the season haven't been pedestrian shite.

It's a bit of both. It's brilliant we are doing double trebles with such a young squad. However our midfield is easily bypassed by decent teams. Our defence is absolute shite.

our key players like Sinclair and Dembele have been off most of the season.

It's clear we have weaknesses and lack experience in some areas which is a bad combo. I expect Celtic to aim to be a strong Europa League side, domestic dominance is excellent but I don't accept setting the bar there.

Also some realities like if we had any real competition then we probably would have been in a title race this season, but the truth is we could have kept Ronny Deila and still won these 2 league titles. Rodgers just helped make us more efficient but most of the players are Deilas.

Jesus, mate. Not a great season? Come on, man. Winning the league alone is a good season. A treble is as good as it can get.

Celtic fans are getting spoiled. That two intelligent guys like you and Euskadi fail to recognise that not meeting last season's impossible standards does not make this a bad season is fairly shocking to me.
    Obviously you are correct that winning the league and the cups will make it a great season. I’m talking about the football we have played and how we have failed to be up for games we should have been up for. That makes it not a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Obviously you are correct that winning the league and the cups will make it a great season. I’m talking about the football we have played and how we have failed to be up for games we should have been up for. That makes it not a great season.
    Back to back trebles has never been done, that alone makes it a great season

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Back to back trebles has never been done, that alone makes it a great season
    So if I'm every single game we scored early then just stood there for 89 mins, winning them all 1-0,that would still be a great season for you because we won?

Everyone has an opinion but for me the only important thing is the ten in a row, everything else is a distraction only by winning the ten in a row can we right the injustice of them cheating and tainting our glorious 9in a row. We should have won the league weeks ago but under performed now instead of resting players and preparing for next season we are still fighting. If they clowns beat us next week they will have a great closed season and believe the gap is closed. They will have hope where there could have been none. We should have been able to play fringe and kids next week in a meaningless game. Too many key players injured and far too many underperforming. Now we still need a goalkeeper, a right back, two center backs, a holding mid and a striker. We also need to clear out 5 or 6 players who will never be good enough or more importantly consistent enough.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

Winning it against them, in hindsight, would make up for all the boring as fuck games we've had to watch. All the sideways and backward passing, picking inferior players, poor transfers etc this year. Equally if it we lose it will go down as one of the 'worst' title wins I'll remember.

If we win next weekend - for the 11th time in a row - against the Orcs then all this talk will be put to bed again. Just like it was last week and after the 3-2 game.

Folk have to realise that our players cannot continually get themselves up for nothing games, like Hibs, when the league is over. It was so obvious we would struggle against them after the efforts against the Huns last week.

As I have said these are the days of our lives. Suck it up and enjoy it because we will never be as dominant as we are right this minute.

Folk have to realise that our players cannot continually get themselves up for nothing games, like Hibs, when the league is over. It was so obvious we would struggle against them after the efforts against the Huns last week.
    You seem incapable of looking beyond the immediate results. This isn't about 2-0 vs Hibs or 4-0 vs Zombies, it's about the whole season. If you think it's grand that our players can't be arsed for 35 games of the season, or our manager cant pick the players who can, ok, but a lot of us watch football to be entertained.

You seem incapable of looking beyond the immediate results. This isn't about 2-0 vs Hibs or 4-0 vs Zombies, it's about the whole season. If you think it's grand that our players can't be arsed for 35 games of the season, or our manager cant pick the players who can, ok, but a lot of us watch football to be entertained.
    I guess that is it in a nutshell. I follow Celtic purely because of West of Scotland tribalism.

I would rather play ugly football and win trebles than play gay, fancy, entertaining football. That doesn't mean much to me at all and is secondary to winning every single time.

That said last week's 4-0 humping with Dembele's panenka was pretty entertaining.

Worth pointing out that you have posted far more about this game than you did after last week.

I forgot about yesterday pretty much by three o'clock. Huns coming to town next weekend to watch us win the league is a mouthwatering prospect. Best days of my life following the tic. I'm loving every second and am in love with Brendan Rodgers.

That doesn't mean much to me at all and is secondary to winning every single time.
    We don't win every single time.

Worth pointing out that you have posted far more about this game than you did after last week.
    It really isn't, sorry.

I forgot about yesterday pretty much by three o'clock.
    Interesting, you literally just said everything is secondary to winning every game yet you immediately brush off us losing one.

We don't win every single time.

It really isn't, sorry.

Interesting, you literally just said everything is secondary to winning every game yet you immediately brush off us losing one.
    Winning leagues and cups.

You have posted more about this than the Hun game last week.

Get a grip, man.