Thread: Celtic Ownership

Default Celtic Ownership

Bored at work, so I did a little digging to find out who actually owns the club. My main takeaways are:

1) Desmond only owns about 35% of Celtic - I thought it would be higher

2) The top 5 shareholders own 72%

3) Lawwell is the 11th largest shareholder, but owns less than 0.4%

4) Christopher David Trainer, who Iíve never heard of, is the 3rd largest shareholder (10.5%)

5) Investment management companies own % and make up 6 of the top 10 holders and own 24% total.

Also, shares of Celtic have gone up about 80% since Rodgers took over.

Default Re: Celtic Ownership

Ta man I never knew the figures, knew that the share price was well up but not by 80%

The CL money makes us a lot stronger as a business. Which is why I'm amazed that Lawwell gets away with the austerity drive so much. Any other CEO of a company would have been punted by letting us down in that respect way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    The CL money makes us a lot stronger as a business. Which is why I'm amazed that Lawwell gets away with the austerity drive so much. Any other CEO of a company would have been punted by letting us down in that respect way too often.
    Completely agree - top line growth / brand recognition drives value in this business, not grinding out a small incremental margin

Only ever heard of that Christopher Trainer earlier his season when it came out that they deal to do our billboard advertising went to his Forrest Holding adv company.