Thread: Celtic want 'fan-zone' outside CP

Default Celtic want 'fan-zone' outside CP

Queue more calls from der hun about GCC doing Celtic favours. That unseen fenian hand strikes again

CELTIC are planning to set up a match day Fan Zone on land outside the Parkhead stadium.

The idea is for a space for fans to gather before entering the ground.

Fan zones have been set up at many top English and European clubs stadiums and for big matches including cup finals and international matches.

Manchester City have a “City Square” outside the Etihad Stadium with a bar, café, big screens and a small sage hosting events and entertainment provided in the hours leading up to kick off.

Liverpool have two fan zones the Paisley Square and the Family Park beside Anfield Stadium open for events four hours before kick-off.

Manchester United have considered plans for a fans square outside Old Trafford.

Read more: Lee McCulloch: Graeme Murty should follow Walter Smith's example as he looks to lead Zombies to Old F**m victory

Fan Zones are a common feature of European Club’s stadiums.

Celtic are looking to buy a patch of land from Glasgow City Council in Janefield Street, which the council has owned since 1945.

It has been derelict for a number of years and the football club want to take it over and use it for parking for disabled supporters.

Across the street is where the club is proposing to develop the fan zone.

The sale will dispose of land that has not been used for some time and generate income for the council.

If the sale is agreed by councillors there will be a sell on clause much like that used in football which has made Celtic millions of pounds in recent years.

The Glasgow giants received around £6m in January when Southampton sold former hoops defender Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool for £75m.

It also received more than £1m in sell-on money when Victor Wanyama joined Tottenham, also from Southampton.

Default Re: Celtic want 'fan-zone' outside CP

I know this type of stuff from Dortmund. When we played Celtic in 1986, the club, alongside the city council, organised a party in the city centre. That's how I ended up supporting Celtic

"big screens and a small sage* ..."

Great spelling mistake, with all that money they should be able to get a big sage
    My fanzone is the CSC on London Road

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

This seems to be the sort of shit the big plastic clubs need. Maybe they could just invest in the Gallowgage instead
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Club looking to take a bigger chunk of total match day spend to the detriment of local bars and retailers

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    This seems to be the sort of shit the big plastic clubs need. Maybe they could just invest in the Gallowgage instead
    Or maybe we could stop spending shit load of cash off the pitch and spend it on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Club looking to take a bigger chunk of total match day spend to the detriment of local bars and retailers
    I've been saying for years that they should do this. Pubs around the area change ownership all the time and struggle to make money due to only having patrons on a matchday so wouldn't squeeze the local economy too much. And lot of the burger vans are ran by Gypsies who only look after their own and charge a fortune for cheap shite so if Celtic expand their catering operation more locals would get jobs.

But back in the 1980s, Borussia Dortmund were no plastic club

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    I've been saying for years that they should do this. Pubs around the area change ownership all the time and struggle to make money due to only having patrons on a matchday so wouldn't squeeze the local economy too much.
    Surely it taking away from their business on the only days they have any is a bad thing?

Imagine how shit it would be anyway. No rebs just those bands playing the cheesy PLC music you hear over the tannoy in Parkhead.

Surely it taking away from their business on the only days they have any is a bad thing?

Imagine how shit it would be anyway. No rebs just those bands playing the cheesy PLC music you hear over the tannoy in Parkhead.
    This is the issue, will be a perfect wee family setting. Fuck all rebels.

I want a rebel version of legionzaal (however you spell it) the Feyenoor half time cave they all go in and go mental.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

The business struggle to survive. Bar the hardcore Celtic pubs like Brazen Head or Saracen Head who will always have the same punters anyway the rest struggle to sustain themselves. Places for the rebels exist down there and always will. Within close proximity of the stadium there is a market - and mostly for middle-class coin - so Celtic should exploit it.

I was at the one Man City have and it all felt a little bit gay tbh. I mean it suits a club like them creating a new image of themselves and that.

for us though, I don't think it suits us. I mean what is the entertainment going to be? Maybe be alright if you had wee Bertie Auld out steaming singing Celtic tunes or that lol.

Apart from that fuck knows what they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Maybe be alright if you had wee Bertie Auld out steaming singing Celtic tunes or that lol.
    That's not far from what you get if you go hospitality.

I just think we should keep on building on what we have. Folk who would like to go up and fuck around at Celtic Park spending money for a couple of hours exist and so do others who want to go and get jaked down the Barras singing the rebels.

That's not far from what you get if you go hospitality.

I just think we should keep on building on what we have. Folk who would like to go up and fuck around at Celtic Park spending money for a couple of hours exist and so do others who want to go and get jaked down the Barras singing the rebels.
    Extra money is good, it's getting that kike to spend any that's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Extra money is good, it's getting that kike to spend any that's the issue.
    Is Lawwell a Jew or are you Jammeey?

Is Lawwell a Jew or are you Jammeey?
    He handles money like a Jew. I'm pretty sure that's part of their commandments or something.