Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: charlie Musonda??

Default charlie Musonda??

What the fuck has happened here?
    Anyone any insight, or ideas what the problem is, for the amount he is said to be getting paid and his potential transfer value he surely must be good enough to play against Dundee and Hamilton Accies.?

Default Re: charlie Musonda??

I said this at the time he came in. He's hardly played any football at a decent level and yet he was treated like he was a major signing for us. He's an untested kid tbh and even if he does come good, he has it all to prove as yet. He's also not that young and iirc he has yet to reach 50 senior games in his career. He's a project and one that we won't profit from.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I said this at the time he came in. He's hardly played any football at a decent level and yet he was treated like he was a major signing for us. He's an untested kid tbh and even if he does come good, he has it all to prove as yet. He's also not that young and iirc he has yet to reach 50 senior games in his career. He's a project and one that we won't profit from.
    Yea, even a lot of frustration amongst Chelsie fans about it, I tok this from one of their fan sites and they don't seem to impressed about how his development is going.

Charly Musonda Jr arrived at Parkhead in January for an 18-month loan spell amid much fanfare and self-generated hype, going even as far as to take the no.67 shirt in tribute to his host club’s greatest season. It all seemed a little too much too soon, but the 21-year-old didn’t have to wait long at all to make his debut under former Chelsea youth and reserves coach Brendan Rodgers, coming on as a substitute at the first possible opportunity before starting three games in a row. His performances didn’t garner universal praise, but all agreed that the talent was as good as hyped, at least in moments.

But since a 0-0 draw against St. Johnstone in the middle of February, Musonda has made just one appearance (in six games) for a grand total of 22 minutes in the Cup even as Celtic continue to walk over the rest of the Scottish Premier League. Their title is hardly in doubt, which has led to frustrations even among their own faithful regarding Rodgers’ reluctance to use some of his younger talents, like Musonda or fellow loanee Patrick Roberts from Manchester City, especially when the rest of the team struggles to score as in the 0-0 against relegation-battling Dundee FC on Wednesday.

Currently i think it's between him and rogic; rogic every time. He looked decent but very lightweight. So much hype for such a young player has done him no favours but that's the English game. If you come here with the ego already in place it needs to be backed up the way Roberts and Dembele did. The few games musonda played in he couldn't handle the SPL thugs.

From what iv seen also, youngsters coming through micky Johnstone should be ahead of him in the packing order imo.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Signed for next season
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Signed for next season
    For when paddy goes, IF HE GOES, still hoping all that CL money in the bank is put aside to buy him

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    For when paddy goes, IF HE GOES, still hoping all that CL money in the bank is put aside to buy him
    Paddy is for the off, surely we can all see that. If Celtic wanted him to stay he would have been stuck in the team as soon as he got back fit.

I said at the time the hype was ridiculous and that the major cheer he got on his debut (was nice for him) but it was like we had resigned Larsson.

Saw him a few times and despite playing poor fans gave him a lot of room for error. Great pass against Zenit kept people onside with him as well, but overall he was getting bullied at times.

As Euskadi says they will be looking at next season for Musonda, but that says it all. He isn't a 30mil world class player who will score 100 in the SPL as cunts made out.

He is a young, talented player who has a lot of developing to do and will get that here if he works hard and learns to get a bit tougher.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Musonda will get more game time when we win the league but don't expect to see him anywhere near it until then. Think he only got minutes at the start because Armstrong, Rogic, Roberts and Griffiths were out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    He isn't a 30mil world class player who will score 100 in the SPL as cunts made out.
    We already see plenty of a 30m world class player struggling to score in the SPL

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Musonda will get more game time when we win the league but don't expect to see him anywhere near it until then. Think he only got minutes at the start because Armstrong, Rogic, Roberts and Griffiths were out.
    ffs, we won the league in August and we’ve already won next years to, if he can’t get game time and make an impression against Ross county, Dundee, Accies etc then he’s behind even the likes of Christie and Allan.
    IF possible, loan will be terminated is summer, apparently over 20 clubs in for him in January so should be no problem cutting short his stay.

Next season we could be without Roberts, Dembele and Edouard. Maybe even Armstrong or Rogic too. We're obviously not going to cut short his loan nor should we

We already see plenty of a 30m world class player struggling to score in the SPL
    Shhh, don't fuck our own profits up fuck sake.

Next season we could be without Roberts, Dembele and Edouard. Maybe even Armstrong or Rogic too. We're obviously not going to cut short his loan nor should we
    So a player who will have had half a season to make an impression and cant get near the team is to replace tried and tested regular first team players, and if what you say is the case he should definitely be getting game time just now.
    Waste of fucking money,, if hes not starting games by end of season his deal should be terminated if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    So a player who will have had half a season to make an impression and cant get near the team is to replace tried and tested regular first team players, and if what you say is the case he should definitely be getting game time just now.
    Waste of fucking money,, if hes not starting games by end of season his deal should be terminated if possible.
    He made a pretty good impression when he played. Got us our goal against Zenit for starters. Doesn't matter though, he'll be behind Forrest & Roberts this season regardless.

ffs, we won the league in August and we’ve already won next years to, if he can’t get game time and make an impression against Ross county, Dundee, Accies etc then he’s behind even the likes of Christie and Allan.
    IF possible, loan will be terminated is summer, apparently over 20 clubs in for him in January so should be no problem cutting short his stay.
    I should have said after the semi final rather than winning the league. Everything we are currently doing must be with the semi final in mind.

He won us the game against Zenit so it isn't like he has done nothing. Keep your powder dry until the end of the season and see where we are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    He won us the game against Zenit so it isn't like he has done nothing. Keep your powder dry until the end of the season and see where we are at.
    Bit unfair on mcgreggor to say musundo won that game, he created a decent chance but a hell of a lot of work still to be done and a tremendous finish won us the game.
    But again, if he’s good enough to create chances at that level why the fuck is he not nearer to the team now?

Bit unfair on mcgreggor to say musundo won that game
    It was like 80% Musonda. McGregor did well to finish it but wouldn't have had a sniff without Musonda's work. Same way most Dembele goals are like 10% his own work,

It was a great pass and a glimpse of what he has, but again because of the wank fest over his signing our fans seem to drag his praise out and ignore the rest.

Like a great pass, but otherwise he has struggled in the vast majority of games.

It's like if Boyata scores a header, does it really matter when the rest of his game is so badly lacking? We need more than just moments of skill, which is why I'm certain he will be getting beefed up a bit in the gym.