Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your?

Default What's your?

Favourite soup?

I'm loving the old chicken and rice just now. Bit of carrot and leek in there, and some tiger bread to mop it up.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: What's your?

I got a pressure cooker for xmas (the thug life chose me) so been making chicken stock after roasting one and then chucking veg and some beans in to make a soup.

http://foodfitnessfreshair.com/2015/...ds-gypsy-soup/ this is a good one too. Vegan as well which is prob right up your alley
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I got a pressure cooker for xmas (the thug life chose me) so been making chicken stock after roasting one and then chucking veg and some beans in to make a soup.

http://foodfitnessfreshair.com/2015/...ds-gypsy-soup/ this is a good one too. Vegan as well which is prob right up your alley
    Hat doffed for making your own stock. I usually use it for gravy.

If I were a vegan I think I would survive on soups like that. Is your burd vegan or something?

No don't be silly.

I didn't actually consider it was vegan until I looked at the ingredients there. I probably cook a few vegan meals each week without thinking because vegetables are great.

That said I'd use chicken stock in that instead of water. I always make loads and pour it into icecube trays so you have stock cubes good to go

No don't be silly.

I didn't actually consider it was vegan until I looked at the ingredients there. I probably cook a few vegan meals each week without thinking because vegetables are great.

That said I'd use chicken stock in that instead of water. I always make loads and pour it into icecube trays so you have stock cubes good to go
    Aye, I do like vegetables and that soup looked braw but just think the whole vegan thing is a stretch. Like I had to buy someone a bottle of wine the other week and discovered that most wines aren't vegan. I could go veggie but couldn't live without dairy.

That's pretty impressive to be fair, with the stock cubes in ice trays.

I'm big on cooking. Probably my only respectable hobby/interest. Would love to do it for a living but sounds like way too much hard work for me, meant to be quite poorly paid for what it involves, plus I'm awful at early mornings.

wtf isn't vegan about wine? These cunts are the worst. I despise mayo and onions but I don't get some silly name for it I just get called fussy. tbf the meat industry is killing the planet so the more that don't eat it the better, but don't expect anyone to respect your opinions on food. It's like saying you like music but only listening to female singers.

I'm big on cooking. Probably my only respectable hobby/interest. Would love to do it for a living but sounds like way too much hard work for me, meant to be quite poorly paid for what it involves, plus I'm awful at early mornings.

wtf isn't vegan about wine? These cunts are the worst. I despise mayo and onions but I don't get some silly name for it I just get called fussy. tbf the meat industry is killing the planet so the more that don't eat it the better, but don't expect anyone to respect your opinions on food. It's like saying you like music but only listening to female singers.
    I used to do it when I was younger. I believe our very own Jakey does it or done it too. Hellish job. Long hours and bad conditions with shite pay, apart from the top end of the ladder. Most chefs start in the afternoons so early mornings aren't a thing.

Something to do with a fining agent in the wine. I do like meat but could defo live without it if needs be.

Hate mayo too, and ketchup. And pretty much all condiments to be fair.

Ketchup is great with chips, sausages and potato waffles. Brown sauce for bacon sandwich, and hot sauce for chicken. Mayo is the fucking worst though.

No don't be silly.

Food lover, in other words yer a fat dick :p
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Ketchup is great with chips, sausages and potato waffles. Brown sauce for bacon sandwich, and hot sauce for chicken. Mayo is the fucking worst though.
    Keanu likes hot-sauce all over his fizog.

Nothing beats good gumbo

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Nothing beats good gumbo
    Is that not a stew?

I assume it was your boyfriend who got you the pressure cooker Euskadi?

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Food lover, in other words yer a fat dick :p
    Didnt say I like eating it lol

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I assume it was your boyfriend who got you the pressure cooker Euskadi?
    His parents actually

Didnt say I like eating it lol

His parents actually
    Nigel and Wayne I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Is that not a stew?
    What’s the difference?

Pumpkin and carrots. Cook them, throw them in a blender with some beef stock. Yummy

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    I used to do it when I was younger. I believe our very own Jakey does it or done it too. Hellish job. Long hours and bad conditions with shite pay, apart from the top end of the ladder. Most chefs start in the afternoons so early mornings aren't a thing.

Something to do with a fining agent in the wine. I do like meat but could defo live without it if needs be.

Hate mayo too, and ketchup. And pretty much all condiments to be fair.
    no but I did a cookery o level to be in a class of 30 girls, my mrs has been vegan this last year and we eat Chinese, indian and roast veg loads of choice, surprised me too about the wine but they do vegan chocolate, cakes etc, prefer her food now to her previous vegetarian diet. loving leek & potato soup at the minute though I also do a good ham and veg soup(I use ham hocks but at butchers just can't ask for a ham shank without laughing)

Ma maws homemade broth. Not as good as her maws was but still dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    no but I did a cookery o level to be in a class of 30 girls, my mrs has been vegan this last year and we eat Chinese, indian and roast veg loads of choice, surprised me too about the wine but they do vegan chocolate, cakes etc, prefer her food now to her previous vegetarian diet. loving leek & potato soup at the minute though I also do a good ham and veg soup(I use ham hocks but at butchers just can't ask for a ham shank without laughing)
    You went vegan too then?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Ma maws homemade broth. Not as good as her maws was but still dynamite.
    What's in it?