Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    give him a chance he's been here 10mins
    He's not going to give him a chance because he's bitter about a player being on loan to us from a PL club
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

The development game Rogic was meant to be playing in tonight has been called off. Looks like we'll pay the price for not giving him a run out when we had the chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    He's not going to give him a chance because he's bitter about a player being on loan to us from a PL club
    Funny that cos I thought Bellamy and Robbie Keane were top class, different level from what we had.

Loved Sutton, Hartson, Thompson etc. Henri Camara though, was shite. It's simply an observation on the player himself.

I'm judging Musonda on what his ability was supposed to be, he is meant to be a 30mil level player attracting the likes of Real Madrid and getting the odd game for EPL Champions

as people said and you would rightly expect him to make a similar impact to the likes of Keane and Bellamy, which is still to be seen.

I'm simply stating how he performed in his first 2 games and against poor opposition he hasn't looked a level above anyone else we have (so far)
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    It was the same with Ntcham. Every one was saying how great a player he was when he arrived and for me he just didn't do it - particularly in the big games - and then when he was criticised about it all the fanboys jumped right on it saying he's amazing and this and that.
    Still not doing it really for me.

The development game Rogic was meant to be playing in tonight has been called off. Looks like we'll pay the price for not giving him a run out when we had the chance...
    He was stripped and ready to come when Thistle got their second and then Brendan decided to bring on Kouassi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    He was stripped and ready to come when Thistle got their second and then Brendan decided to bring on Kouassi.
    I know. He should have started.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Funny that cos I thought Bellamy and Robbie Keane were top class, different level from what we had.

Loved Sutton, Hartson, Thompson etc. Henri Camara though, was shite. It's simply an observation on the player himself.

I'm judging Musonda on what his ability was supposed to be, he is meant to be a 30mil level player attracting the likes of Real Madrid and getting the odd game for EPL Champions

as people said and you would rightly expect him to make a similar impact to the likes of Keane and Bellamy, which is still to be seen.

I'm simply stating how he performed in his first 2 games and against poor opposition he hasn't looked a level above anyone else we have (so far)
    I mentioned about Musonda on the day we were getting him in that it seemed, at least online, that a lot of our fans thought we had signed the messiah. The reality is that the lad has not even reached 40 senior games in his career and at 21, that's not many. He has a lot to prove and no doubt the day he has a good game, all the happy clappers will be out in force telling us that they were right all along.

We can't write the lad off of course but he is a project. One that hasn't started too well either and he was lost at Kilmarnock and on Saturday he disappeared for periods of the game. It will take a little bit of time to adapt to our style etc and hopefully he will show us why BR wanted him so badly.

Not at all impressed so far with him , seem nothing any of our own young players couldn’t have produced.
    Really don’t see the point, the depth of squad we have and level of players we already have is more than good enough for Scotland, signing someone like this is being trumpeted as helping to take us to another level.
    Just don’t see it, he soft, lightweight, takes too long on the ball and in the modern game with both sides packing the midfield he just won’t get the time.

Musonda is Brendans new toy he was always going to play him in domestic games especially with our injury list, give him a chance to at least get to know his team mates names before we judge him, do any of you lot sparkle 2 days into a new job in a new country?

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Musonda is Brendans new toy he was always going to play him in domestic games especially with our injury list, give him a chance to at least get to know his team mates names before we judge him, do any of you lot sparkle 2 days into a new job in a new country?
    Nobody is being critical, just pointing out that he came with a big reputation or at least how our board and fans sold it to us. If it's made our to be some form of marquee signing then you expect marquee performances.

I don't blame Musonda for this, It was a distraction from yet another poor transfer window and I believe he is highly talented but still has lots to develop and Celtic is a great place for someone like him to develop and get games.

I actually wouldn't even mind seeing him in Zenit as the game may be a bit more open than an SPL game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Still not doing it really for me.
    Agreed. I can see glimpses of how good he can potentially be but he doesn't do it often enough, for my liking. Might be a confidence thing.

A case for the defence on Thursday?

Hendry Simunovic Ajer Tierney

Lustig's legs are done, Gamboa's not up to it and I'm sure I read somewhere that Hendy's played RB before. He's got a bit of pace too so could be worth looking at.

Lustig's legs are done, Gamboa's not up to it and I'm sure I read somewhere that Hendy's played RB before. He's got a bit of pace too so could be worth looking at.
    In fairness to Gamboa, has he even had a fair chance here? He never played then got thrown in against teams like Barca. Or he gets 1 appearance after 4 months of not playing and because he doesn't set the game alight he gets abuse.

Not saying he is the answer for right back, just saying he's not had a proper run in the team.

In fairness to Gamboa, has he even had a fair chance here? He never played then got thrown in against teams like Barca. Or he gets 1 appearance after 4 months of not playing and because he doesn't set the game alight he gets abuse.

Not saying he is the answer for right back, just saying he's not had a proper run in the team.
    Agree he’s not had much of a chance to impress but when he’s been given game time he’s just looked woeful, imo. Pace to burn, aye, but can’t defend for shit, can’t cross a ball for shit and can’t beat his man for shit. Not the greatest of qualities for a RB.

I think it’s telling that Rodgers preferred young Ralston, when he was fit, over him too.

he played on the right of a 3 on debut and was lost there

gamboa's played 3 times, v barca,kilmarnock(I think) and Bayern, just thrown in and drowned as expected

BR has ruined Gamboa's chances of ever playing. Spent like 2.5m on him then completely froze him out.

BR has ruined Gamboa's chances of ever playing. Spent like 2.5m on him then completely froze him out.
    When Gamboa arrived I am sure folk said it was a free, then it went to 1 million and now it is two and a half times that.

I meant to say 1.5m. That's the only figure I heard quoted.

Very strange transfer considering it was one of Rodgers own choices

I meant to say 1.5m. That's the only figure I heard quoted.

Very strange transfer considering it was one of Rodgers own choices
    with him and ddv bombing against barca he seemed to take it personally and don't think we'd be seeing much of ddv if not for gordons injury