Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 116

Thread: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

  1. #1

    Default Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    DDV

    Ralston Ajer Simunovic KT

    Kouassi

    Forrest Brown Ntcham Sinclair

    Dembele

  2. #2

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    That's a good team and would give us a hell of a chance.

  3. #3
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    All of those players would have to play better than they've shown at any point this season. Some of them significantly so. DDV lets in the vast majority of shots he faces, Ralston is pretty slow (not sure who they have at left wing), Sinclair has struggled to beat his man, Koussi has looked a liability at times, Dembele has been anonymous most games and Ntcham can be hot and cold :/

    Probably the best line up though. Although Compper and Roberts might be back no?
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

  4. #4
    Suck One jquinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington DC

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    All of those players would have to play better than they've shown at any point this season. Some of them significantly so. DDV lets in the vast majority of shots he faces, Ralston is pretty slow (not sure who they have at left wing), Sinclair has struggled to beat his man, Koussi has looked a liability at times, Dembele has been anonymous most games and Ntcham can be hot and cold :/

    Probably the best line up though. Although Compper and Roberts might be back no?
    Believe Compper is cup tied

  5. #5
    the last heretic Stagger Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    lost in a prison of my own devise

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Would probably have Musonda in place of Sinclair, just for the fact Sinclair has been mediocre to pish all season and I can't see him improving any time soon. I imagine Rodgers will be playing Hendry at one of the CB slots given his comments on him being a CL player the other day too. Probably a case for starting Roberts and Armstrong, if they're fit as well.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    That's a good team and would give us a hell of a chance.
    We are going to get fucked, home and away. When I say fucked I don't mean by goals, I just mean controlled easily over 2 legs. 3 or 4 goals agg for Zenit. We will be lucky if we get more than 1.

    I hope to be proven wrong and sorry for being miserable but just how it feels nowadays.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

    Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

  7. #7
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Believe Compper is cup tied
    haha and I was the main one giving out about that too. It's been so long since he signed, without even seeing him play, I forgot!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Hopefully they're not up to speed by the time we play them but it was a cunt of a draw tbh and I agree with CB, I think we'll get pumped. Especially over there. You never know though as we do have players capable of getting us goals as well.

  9. #9
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Draw could have been much worse too tbf

    Game's at 3pm here and I'm straight to the airport for a flight to the UK after. Badly need to sleep on the plane so I hope the game's not too adrenaline filled

  10. #10

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    We are going to get fucked, home and away. When I say fucked I don't mean by goals, I just mean controlled easily over 2 legs. 3 or 4 goals agg for Zenit. We will be lucky if we get more than 1.

    I hope to be proven wrong and sorry for being miserable but just how it feels nowadays.
    Depends on the way the manager sets up. I don't think we are too far away from them personally.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Depends on the way the manager sets up. I don't think we are too far away from them personally.
    I think we defo have talented players in the squad but Zenit have the type of experienced players we need to help support the younger ones. Criscito, Zhirkov, Ivanovic, Kokorin.

    although Kokorin played with Dynamo Moscow when we done then so maybe a good omen.

  12. #12
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Their ticket prices are only like a 5er a pop too lol yet they still get to spend like 200m a season

  13. #13

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Don't think Musonda should start for this, or even come off the bench to be honest. He will come good but at the moment is not doing enough to merit a jersey. Can see McGregor coming in for him, but would prefer Armstrong. And if we need someone from the bench at CAM it should be Tam Rogic.

    Moussa is really playing half hearted at the moment too but this is the sort of game he should come alive.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Don't think Musonda should start for this, or even come off the bench to be honest. He will come good but at the moment is not doing enough to merit a jersey. Can see McGregor coming in for him, but would prefer Armstrong. And if we need someone from the bench at CAM it should be Tam Rogic.

    Moussa is really playing half hearted at the moment too but this is the sort of game he should come alive.
    A lot of soft language getting used around Musonda but facts are so far he's been shit.

    hope he does well though, takes a few weeks to get up to speed.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    A lot of soft language getting used around Musonda but facts are so far he's been shit.

    hope he does well though, takes a few weeks to get up to speed.
    Aye, nobody wants to look like a mug when he starts turning it on!! Definitely not shown anything to merit getting in the team for this one. Partick was the perfect game for him to get on the ball and do something.

  16. #16
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    A lot of soft language getting used around Musonda but facts are so far he's been shit.

    hope he does well though, takes a few weeks to get up to speed.
    Shit give over, he's barely been on the ball and looked good when he has. He came on late against Hearts and showed 2 moments of magic, and was instrumental in the winning goal against Partick. So it's only the Killie game he didnt look good, and neither did anyone else.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Shit give over, he's barely been on the ball and looked good when he has
    Lol he has been shit though. Done a few backheels when you coulda just played a 5 yard pass n that but apart from that he's spent most of the time on his arse.

    he's reacting well though cos he got up quicker the last game and you could see he was trying to put tackles in harder so its something he is realising he has to adapt to.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Lol he has been shit though. Done a few backheels when you coulda just played a 5 yard pass n that but apart from that he's spent most of the time on his arse.

    he's reacting well though cos he got up quicker the last game and you could see he was trying to put tackles in harder so its something he is realising he has to adapt to.
    give him a chance he's been here 10mins

  19. #19

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    give him a chance he's been here 10mins
    I've seen players play less minutes and be judged here ffs. Jonny Hayes was judged after 1 sub appearance lol

    Ciftci has played 12 and scored 4 for us in league - (Dembele this season played 16 and scored 5)

    I'm just saying certain players get much more room for failure than others. Could argue Sinclair and Dembele earned that room but point stands that this season for Example Dembele has been about as effective as Ciftci would have been up front lol

    Musonda has't earned it as such but you will see fans making plenty of excuses lately simply because he is a "big" signing. Don't get what im saying wrong i think he will come good.

    I'm just saying in his first couple of games he has been very poor, especially considering the so called standard he was meant to be at.

  20. #20
    the last heretic Stagger Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    lost in a prison of my own devise

    Default Re: Zenit (h) Thursday 15th Feb

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    I'm just saying certain players get much more room for failure than others.
    It was the same with Ntcham. Every one was saying how great a player he was when he arrived and for me he just didn't do it - particularly in the big games - and then when he was criticised about it all the fanboys jumped right on it saying he's amazing and this and that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •