Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72

Thread: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

  1. #1

    Default Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    DDV

    Ralston Ajer Simunovic KT

    Brown Ntcham

    Forrest McGregor Sinclair

    Dembele



    Would absolutely play a full team for this one. Think Edouard might start to keep Dembele fit for Europe but otherwise that is how we should go otherwise. Ralston played for the development at the weekend so getting back to four at the back is a must. Armstrong and Rogic are big losses at CAM too.

    Would be looking for Musonda to come on and start showing something.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    If Edouard was our actual player, I'd have him over Dembele at the moment. Far more movement. Dembele just stands in the middle like a lazy fuck. Needs to get his finger out, he's been back long enough now.

    All the English fans were on about how class Musonda is and why has he came to the shitey SPL etc. He got done off Killie and looked shit all game. He clearly has something but he looks easily bullied.

    Hopefully a one off.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

    Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

  3. #3
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    If Edouard was our actual player, I'd have him over Dembele at the moment. Far more movement. Dembele just stands in the middle like a lazy fuck. Needs to get his finger out, he's been back long enough now.
    We've a lot more chance of having Edouard next season than we do Dembele. Also the latter isn't playing much different to last season, just less penalties and tap-ins inflating his record. Nobody wanted to accept it at the time.

    All the English fans were on about how class Musonda is and why has he came to the shitey SPL etc. He got done off Killie and looked shit all game. He clearly has something but he looks easily bullied.
    He's the same size as Roberts but looks more lightweight. The whole team got done off Killie so not really a point worth noting.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

  4. #4

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Aye that's true about Edouard but he isn't ours yet and if Dembele is leaving you want to keep the value up so we can have more funds to replace him.

    I know he's not had as much pens but surely even you don't think he is as bad as he is playing now. He is defo a better player than that. Also he is still very young and that's easy to forget.

    As for Musonda, not even just the Killie game but the Hearts game as well bar 2 top quality moments he was bounced off the ball very easily. Not making any early judgements though the guy has to settle and he certainly has the skill to succeed.

  5. #5
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    I know he's not had as much pens but surely even you don't think he is as bad as he is playing now. He is defo a better player than that. Also he is still very young and that's easy to forget.
    At his best he sees more of the ball and imposes himself more. But this is what I kept trying to tell people last year, a lot of his performances he did fuck all or missed good chances but then scored a penalty or a tap-in and it was another goal for Dembers and all his fanboys were all over it and claimed he had a great game regardless of how he'd actually played. It looks like I'm always being harsh on him because I don't overrate him. He's still great and very young as you say.

    As for Musonda, not even just the Killie game but the Hearts game as well bar 2 top quality moments he was bounced off the ball very easily. Not making any early judgements though the guy has to settle and he certainly has the skill to succeed.
    What do you expect lol a quick, agile skillful as fuck winger who is also a tank and smashes everycunt off the ball? With proper refereeing it's actually a bonus for those players to be lightweight as they win you a lot of fouls (e.g. Hazard at Chelsea). Not his or our fault refs will let people kick fuck out of him

  6. #6

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    At his best he sees more of the ball and imposes himself more. But this is what I kept trying to tell people last year, a lot of his performances he did fuck all or missed good chances but then scored a penalty or a tap-in and it was another goal for Dembers and all his fanboys were all over it and claimed he had a great game regardless of how he'd actually played. It looks like I'm always being harsh on him because I don't overrate him. He's still great and very young as you say.


    What do you expect lol a quick, agile skillful as fuck winger who is also a tank and smashes everycunt off the ball? With proper refereeing it's actually a bonus for those players to be lightweight as they win you a lot of fouls (e.g. Hazard at Chelsea). Not his or our fault refs will let people kick fuck out of him
    Aye I'm not critcising Musonda (Yet!) and I'm not saying I expect him to get on steroids and beef up, but I am expecting him to read the game better. He was good when facing play but his positioning got him with his back turned to the game too much and he doesn't have the hold up play like Rogic does in the middle.

    I'm sure he will come good though, just not as easy as the English said it would be for him. I expected 4 Musonda goals against Killie

  7. #7
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    'm sure he will come good though, just not as easy as the English said it would be for him. I expected 4 Musonda goals against Killie
    Same for Dembele though. If he's worth anything close to the fees our fans throw around he should be absolutely smashing the league yet he struggles in so many games

  8. #8

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Same for Dembele though. If he's worth anything close to the fees our fans throw around he should be absolutely smashing the league yet he struggles in so many games
    I think he is worth that money, simply because of how ridiculous the market is nowadays, imo anything less and we are getting robbed. Guys who are utterly shite down south go for between 15-30mil regularly.

    So i think we should rightly ask for these prices, even if these players aren't technically of that exact value ability wise.

  9. #9
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    I think he is worth that money, simply because of how ridiculous the market is nowadays, imo anything less and we are getting robbed. Guys who are utterly shite down south go for between 15-30mil regularly.

    So i think we should rightly ask for these prices, even if these players aren't technically of that exact value ability wise.
    If we signed a striker for 25-30m would our fans accept performances like Dembele's? Again, not being harsh on his performances they are good, but asking if we'd accept that from a 30m striker

  10. #10

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    If we signed a striker for 25-30m would our fans accept performances like Dembele's? Again, not being harsh on his performances they are good, but asking if we'd accept that from a 30m striker
    the difference is we are signing from a different level in the market. They come here play in Europe, score goals etc and their value goes up. Like a CV for a job.

    I think sometimes people forget to detach market value and ability from each other, even though ability clearly has a huge part to play in that, nowadays so many other things put players prices up or down.

  11. #11
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    nowadays so many other things put players prices up or down.
    Like playing in Scotland

  12. #12

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Like playing in Scotland
    Aye, difference is we play in Europe which is the highest level. So it's a great place for players to get in shop window.

    Similar to what you see in World Cups when some unknown plays class and ends up signed for a decent side.

  13. #13
    Suck One jquinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington DC

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Aye, difference is we play in Europe which is the highest level. So it's a great place for players to get in shop window.

    Similar to what you see in World Cups when some unknown plays class and ends up signed for a decent side.
    Which is how we ended up with Izzaguirre

  14. #14
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Aye, difference is we play in Europe which is the highest level. So it's a great place for players to get in shop window.
    Reckon getting horsed by Barca, PSG and Bayern is good for a players value?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Reckon getting horsed by Barca, PSG and Bayern is good for a players value?
    Didn't stop Van Dijk getting bought off us for a good price at the time plus future %

    Most teams scout an individual player, for example Dundee are shite but Rodgers thinks hendrys a good enough individual for us.

    Likewise we as a team performed shit but we had a few individuals you could clearly see were capable. Dembele has done well in some Euro nights, same as Kieran Tierney.

    result means fuck all if your scouting 1 guy.

  16. #16
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Didn't stop Van Dijk getting bought off us for a good price at the time plus future %
    He was bought for far less than he was worth. So was Wanyama. And they are two of the big successes in that department...

  17. #17

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    He was bought for far less than he was worth. So was Wanyama. And they are two of the big successes in that department...
    Aye but they were record sales for us at the time and most people even then recognised it was a bit low for EPL prices. Just that the board wanted the cash immediately.

    Like when Man City signed Kompany he hadn't done anything spectacular or played for any big teams, just a good young player with potential. Same with hundreds of other players you could list.

    but teams scout for individuals they feel can work at their level. The level of the team they currently play for shouldn't matter too much, within reason obviously.

  18. #18
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    I know what you're saying, it's the reason we know when we see a special player in spite of playing against shite SPL sides.

    What I'm saying though is it's difficult for a lot of players to show what they're capable of when we're getting smashed by elite clubs. Look at Dembele for example - barely touched the ball in some of those games (because as I kept telling people in order to "hold the ball up" your team needs to have the ball first). Aye he scored against PSG but it was just a set piece so dunno if any scouts are going to be particularly impressed by that.

    So basically you have your attacking players without the ball for the vast majority of the game (and immediately closed down by 4-5 people and dispossessed when they did get it), which leaves your keeper and defenders trying to defend against 300m of attacking talent. And as I said after some of those games, it's hard to read too much into them because you don't have to be a bad player to get made look shite by some of these teams.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Aye we have normally had slightly more reasonable groups to be fair, but even at that if Dembele can show a few moments that he's capable of causing problems for decent sides then it's good.

    Like Van Dijk and Wanyama it may not bring in Real Madrid but certainly sides like Southampton for example would be happy to take a player like that. Especially the young ages our players are as they can then give experience and sell if they do well again.

    It's strange cos the market right now both fucks us up the arse competitive wise, but financially it's ideal as we can milk the buy and sell thing for as long as we want. Guarantee profits even if we dont make Europe by selling a guy.

    As a fan though you would like a balance. Nobody is expecting a Euro trophy but a few memorable nights are always appreciated lol. Struggling to win at Celtic Park is a bit depressing.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Partick (h) Scottish Cup

    Lustig is back, Rogic is on the bench. Forrest, Musonda and Sinclair all start. Guess Musonda is at no.10

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •