Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killie (A)

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Killie (A)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    This was our chicken's coming home to roost after another shite transfer window.
    You think Killie have a better squad than Celtic?
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I think Celtic's squad needed fresh impetus after a ridiculous run of games.

Three at the back has to be shelved. We don't have the players. Definitely not a wing back and probably at CB too.

Someone must be able to fill in at RB until Lustig and Ralston are back.

Still think we can get it together and get back to back trebles.

I think Celtic's squad needed fresh impetus after a ridiculous run of games.
    Do you think they looked fatigued? Of the entire first 11 only Boyata, Brown, Forrest and Tierney have played many games. Half the team (Hendry, DDV, Musonda, Kouassi and Ajer) have barely played at all in fact.

Still think we can get it together and get back to back trebles.
    We're nowhere near as good as last season yet still miles clear of the rest. The treble is a real possibility though I think Killie are our biggest threat in the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    We're nowhere near as good as last season yet still miles clear of the rest. The treble is a real possibility though I think Killie are our biggest threat in the cup.
    We do look more vulnerable to losing this year though, teams have us figured out and BR has no plan B just pass the ball backwards five thousand times before trying one foray forward.

Broadfoot should have conceded at least one penalty yesterday, the sort of decision we were getting quite often last season. I tried explaining last year that this was often the difference but nobody wanted to listen.

Do you think they looked fatigued? Of the entire first 11 only Boyata, Brown, Forrest and Tierney have played many games. Half the team (Hendry, DDV, Musonda, Kouassi and Ajer) have barely played at all in fact.
    I think the squad has looked fatigued for a few months, aye.

Which players specifically looked fatigued though? Most of them had barely played. Boyata went off injured before he had a chance to show he was fatigued, Tierney did plenty of running when he wasnt passing backwards as per BR's wish, Brown never really shows it.

We do look more vulnerable to losing this year though, teams have us figured out and BR has no plan B just pass the ball backwards five thousand times before trying one foray forward.

Broadfoot should have conceded at least one penalty yesterday, the sort of decision we were getting quite often last season. I tried explaining last year that this was often the difference but nobody wanted to listen.
    The bit that really annoyed me about that yesterday was that just before the set piece, the ref told the taker to wait and went and had a word with the players about it. Then, he let the kick be taken, that moron still did it and we got fuck all for it.

It's not so much this result against Killie though. It's the performances even domestically going back to mid November. In Europe conceding easy to the likes of Astana.

Struggling to find consistency.

This Jan windows Rodgers spoke of bringing in quality so you expect better, then get shit signings followed by the same performances. Nobody is saying we should spend to beat killie lol

but the fact is that if we are so sluggish domestically for a number of months and don't add the quality we have needed since Deila was in charge then what chance do we have in Europe? no chance at all.

Not just the Zenit game either but we should be working now towards next qualifiers etc. Taking nothing away from Clarke who has done really well at Killie, but they could have Guardiola and I'd expect at least a corner before the 80th min.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

I completely agree it was a poor transfer window, although we didn't make any 'shit signings'. I also recognise it's got nothing to do with domestic form or losing to Killie

I completely agree it was a poor transfer window, although we didn't make any 'shit signings'. I also recognise it's got nothing to do with domestic form or losing to Killie
    Aye I'm not being harsh on the likes of Hendry, he looks like he has something. He also looks like he needs a lot of work to be at a higher level. We were told to expect a higher level of player, or at least that's what Rodgers said he wants.

I'm just telling the truth about the likes of Hendry, Bain, Compper - they aren't what we needed to move up a level.

Sure we will be solid enough to dominate domestically but as I said we could sign a squad of the best Scottish players and I'd expect to win the league overall. So if Lawwell and co are happy with just domestic then just do a Bilbao and sign guys from Glasgow.

May as well just for a fuckin laugh.

Which players specifically looked fatigued though? Most of them had barely played. Boyata went off injured before he had a chance to show he was fatigued, Tierney did plenty of running when he wasnt passing backwards as per BR's wish, Brown never really shows it.
    More than anyone Lustig and Armstrong. And then both ended up on the treatment table and missing Killie.

Brown, Boyata, Tierney, Sinclair and lately Forrest have all looked extremely tired since about November.

Mental fatigue is as big a factor too. The players needed others to come in and grab the ball and take some of the pressure off them. Musonda was the only one signed with that intention but whether an inexperienced player like that is capable remains to be seen.

You remain entrenched after stating it wasn't a bad window but it is okay to admit to being wrong sometimes.

More than anyone Lustig and Armstrong. And then both ended up on the treatment table and missing Killie.
    Oh so the players not actually playing looked fatigued. Makes sense.

You remain entrenched after stating it wasn't a bad window but it is okay to admit to being wrong sometimes.
    I said it wasnt as bad as some were making out, but have repeatedly stated I wasn't happy with it. It's ok to say I'm wrong sometimes, but you'll have to wait for the right time

Oh so the players not actually playing looked fatigued. Makes sense.

I said it wasnt as bad as some were making out, but have repeatedly stated I wasn't happy with it. It's ok to say I'm wrong sometimes, but you'll have to wait for the right time
    Yeah, the players definitely needed a wee boost and the January window that you were championing didn't deliver.

Interesting narrative, lets see if it takes off